Sign in to follow this  
Lyphe

Respawns - A request to change this

Right now as a fresh player, if you die, you can respawn at any island in the grid meaning you have no chance to get back to your body, items, or small base if you spawn on the wrong island.  I understand this happening later in the game when you should have a bed - but early in the game it is overly punishing.

Here is what happens now ( at least on my grid N9 ) .

You were on a great island, but if you die you respawn relentlessly on a deserted giraffe filled island.  Everybody just runs into the giraffes to kill themselves over and over and over and over again.  It takes about 20-30 minutes to finally get a respawn back on the good island.  And god help you if you die again quickly because you know you have to spend 20-30 minutes killing yourself again which is mind numbing.   You can see everyone doing this and some ppl just asking to be killed.  This is not fun game play.

Here is what I'm asking:

Just have us respawn on the same island.  It doesn't have to be close, but on the same island if you are below a certain level or in a noob area.

Please and thanks!

If your talking about Freeports(im assuming since u said fresh player) you can choose the island to spawn on or location on a island in the top right. N,E,S,W but currently if u die on a freeport your body will disappear. Hopefully this is what you meant unless there is a way to spawn on the island you sailed to which i dont know about? Or if your talking about lawless regions im assuming u can do the same thing(never bothered with lawless since freeports are easier)? Hopefully i helped u somewhat lol but i dont know what your referring to as i never had that problem. 

8 minutes ago, Josh02022 said:

If your talking about Freeports(im assuming since u said fresh player) you can choose the island to spawn on or location on a island in the top right. N,E,S,W but currently if u die on a freeport your body will disappear. Hopefully this is what you meant unless there is a way to spawn on the island you sailed to which i dont know about? Or if your talking about lawless regions im assuming u can do the same thing(never bothered with lawless since freeports are easier)? Hopefully i helped u somewhat lol but i dont know what your referring to as i never had that problem. 

Wont let me edit this but i see what u mean now.

Hmmmmmmm.

Ok, maybe I've totally missed something then.  

What is Freeport?  I've heard it mentioned many times and just assumed it was a generic reference to whatever the closest town or city was in a starting area.  That said, I also thought the Lawless regions 'were' starting areas.  But I'm guessing I'm wrong about this since the more I read, it sounds like starting areas are supposed to be pvp free and somewhat friendly to new players.  

I spawned on a cold rock in a lawless region when I first started playing the game, and I've just been bouncing from lawless area to pvp-ravaged lawless area ever since, trying to find a reasonable island to build a life on.

Am I missing some utopia like setting to get started?  

Freeports are the intended starting area, however, due to the capacity of players we had at launch and some of the connection issues we ran into, we've temporarily enabled Lawless Regions to be spawn zones too. Unfortunately, they don't have 'spawn points' actually set up as they were never intended, so the game searches for an area nearby the coast to spawn you. For now, the system does what it needs to do, which allows players another avenue to get into the game outside of Freeports. We're in the process of exploring other options and improving on this further, whether that's creating actual spawn areas in Lawless regions, or alternative solutions, we'll have to see. 

Best advice, is do your best to get into a freeport server.

1.) Die

2.) Click change home map (or whatever it says as for changing home server)

3.) unclick the show atlas map button on the bottom left so you see an actual server list not the atlas map (makes this WAY easier)

4.) In search bar, type in free

5.) Sit there, refresh, try to join one that has an opening.

6.) If join fails/is full. Try again and again.

20-30 mins to maybe an hour to change into a freeport zone and actually be able to play orrrr..... rinse and repeat what you're currently doing.

I'm in a freeport zone and have pistols made now. I take my time, sail out to a lawless to level/craft stuff we need to place down and then sail back in.

Rafts are HELLA easy to get in freeports.

4 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

Freeports are the intended starting area, however, due to the capacity of players we had at launch and some of the connection issues we ran into, we've temporarily enabled Lawless Regions to be spawn zones too. Unfortunately, they don't have 'spawn points' actually set up as they were never intended, so the game searches for an area nearby the coast to spawn you. For now, the system does what it needs to do, which allows players another avenue to get into the game outside of Freeports. We're in the process of exploring other options and improving on this further, whether that's creating actual spawn areas in Lawless regions, or alternative solutions, we'll have to see. 

FIRST ADMIN I'VE SEEN!!!! Thank you for replying to the post! Awesome, starting to see more and more from atlas staff. that's great! 🙂