Sign in to follow this  
UncleMike

Some constructive feedback on the new changes.

*moved this to general as it duscusses both PVE and PVP will delete my pvp thread

I appreciate the team wanting to make this better so I will just list some constructive feedback and hopefully can hear how the team is thinking about this.

First as a small group of less than 5 very close friends playing this game, the proposed changes will rule out PVP server for us which is where we actually want to be. Why? We want to own some land, and with the proposed claim system we might have a shot at an island claim, but the clock will be ticking until we lose it and live off someone else's land. It's just not appealing to us to fuel someone else's war effort and not really own anything.

In terms of PVE I have a lot of concerns that it feels like this patch only addresses the PVP side. You don't solve a couple of the MAJOR PVE problems, namely people blocking shorelines with either foundation or ship spam that cannot be removed. On top of that you create a potential problem of foundation spam and people land locking you and continually squeezing you out.

I'd like to propose a couple of Ideas, they aren't silver bullets but maybe you all can pick them apart.

1. The repair structure, what if we make those radius based (about the size of a current claim) limit them to 1 per person per grid square and prevent anyone from building other than your company in that radius and make THEM have an upkeep. This prevents foundation spam, it would encourage people to put multiple repair structures but if the structure itself has an upkeep that if it isnt met then it opens the build area within it then this could curb that behavior.

2. This may be a crazy idea but what if anchored ships had no player collision, but you couldn't anchor while clipping another ship. This would prevent people from being able to block you in they still may be able to spam the coast with ships so that you couldnt come back there but that would be difficult to do at best. It's the best idea I could come up with, I dont know how you fix foundation spam blocking ships unless the repair structure radius I explained above can reach into the water but you cant build them OVER water, that might help?