Rita Longlegs

Ships: Messed up visually and functionally

- Zero Ladder controls on ANY ship
- Partially invisible paint on Galleons + Brigantines (Red and some black is visible)
- Wood walls requirering a foundation to snap onto.... (well, cant place foundations on ships, soooo.... *cough cough*)
- Ships turning X amount of degrees upon anchoring / crossing borders

This is bad, as in really really bad 😕

video:

Edited by Rita Longlegs
  • Confused 1

wood walls do not need a foundation to be placed, and the fact that you think this already shows you haven't played the game nearly long enough to understand the concept of ship building.

1. ladder can be retracted from their snap point, if the ladder is down and you wish to retract it, go to the start of the ladder, hold E and highlight the retract option, furthermore if it is up and you would like to lower the ladder without being on the ship, look at the rutter of ship and press T.

2. Invisible paint is not a "bad" issue, yes it is a bug, but has no affect on your game play what so ever.

3. wood walls snap onto about every point of a ship, including all 4 snap points square ceiling offer.

4. Through my many many hours of sailing, i have not come across my ship turning upon anchoring , and as for crossing the border , if you are previously turning before doing so you will transfer to the next server accordingly, and remember if there are storms about they can rotate your ship 

7 minutes ago, Esemo said:

wood walls do not need a foundation to be placed, and the fact that you think this already shows you haven't played the game nearly long enough to understand the concept of ship building.

1. ladder can be retracted from their snap point, if the ladder is down and you wish to retract it, go to the start of the ladder, hold E and highlight the retract option, furthermore if it is up and you would like to lower the ladder without being on the ship, look at the rutter of ship and press T.

2. Invisible paint is not a "bad" issue, yes it is a bug, but has no affect on your game play what so ever.

3. wood walls snap onto about every point of a ship, including all 4 snap points square ceiling offer.

4. Through my many many hours of sailing, i have not come across my ship turning upon anchoring , and as for crossing the border , if you are previously turning before doing so you will transfer to the next server accordingly, and remember if there are storms about they can rotate your ship 

you clearly havent logged into the game after the latest patch 😉
Note my coughing after the line about walls needeing to snap to foundations....

1: Ladders can NOT be retracted on masts, as there is no longer any menu for that function.......
2: Invisible paint is a bug, thus bad.
3: Currently, wood walls are bugged on ships, thus im mentioning it, and referring to the foundation requirement.
4: through my many hours of sailing, i have been turned 45 degrees 2 times after crossing into a normal conditions server, and smashed into invisible icebergs once.

This is happening to me too. I'm currently building a galleon and at the front of my ship, It wouldn't let me place the missing ceiling tiles without a fight saying no foundation support. Then i decided to work around it and just use those two holes for stairs but if i place them going forward I get the same message, so I placed them backwards. Now I cant place railing or walls around the top of the hole because of same issue. It just shows as orange with the same message of no nearby foundation support. My front most sail disappeared 3 times as well, but this last time it seems to be staying put. I thought maybe it was because i was doing interior before having the outter planks up but even after putting all the planks in the front of the ship, I still get that message. Then I thought maybe it was because the front of my Boat dock is over a deep drop in the ocean and its too deep, but Ill have to wait til I launch it to see if thats causing the issue