Sign in to follow this  
Kissker

[SUGG} Serious changes need made

First off let me just say I know all about ARK, so anyone wanting to comment, don't bother.

What THIS game needs is some serious changes to core mechanics, especially if it wants to get new players involved.

What I mostly speak about is the absurd method of using floors/pillars to "expand your territory" preventing anyone from building near it.  This makes it nearly impossible to make any shipyards or bases (even temporary) ANYWHERE on the entire map.

There are sections of map literally just checkerboard/peppered with floors to prevent anyone else from building anything anywhere near the island.  There are shipyards surrounding islands, as well as rafts and small boats, to prevent any sort of real function.

What to do?  Simple. Wipe them clean, but not before preventing it from being done again.  Simply only allow 3 claim (flags) zones per account, and 3 ships per account.  This is all any "1 person" needs anyway.  To prevent the peppering, simply make it where lawless zones get a "zone" each - yes 1 zone per map coord - a small section of land you can build a base, tower, or whatever in - to resupply or rebuild.  

That's it.  stop the silly craze to 'control all the island' which only leads to players leaving, because it's not fun to deal with EVERY SINGLE ISLAND YOU LAND ON.    

Photo to help - which I might add each of the plots is over half expired, but waiting another 4 days for them to be demolishable is not worth the time or effort.

When you can't even get a small foundation/base going to build a smithy, to gather more resources to build a small ship yard to build a better ship - there are EXTREME problems with a game focused on Sailing.

Also.. wtf is the point of carriages when none of the islands are 'flat enough' to really utilize them? Almost the entire map is Ocean, so  a "horse drawn carriage" is rather pointless.

20190128134311_1.jpg