Sign in to follow this  
MaLioSherGaming

Can no longer join my own server....[fixed - my bad]

I've been playing streaming and having no problems on my own 1 by 1 server and all of a sudden today I can no longer join it. Every time I go to join it I keep getting a time out but anyone else can join it. I am hosting it and playing it from the same machine and I never had a problem before....any ideas?

I am consistently having this issue as well. I seem to be able to reproduce it by zoning from one server to another when the receiving server is 1. going down. 2. Misconfigured (bad ports). You will disconnect and then never be able to reconnect. I have dug through the labyrinthine REdis DB, deleted ever likely local file, zone .ocean files. To no avail... The only resolution that I have found is to completely wipe the DB, of all references to the player char then the char will have to be recreated. 

This issue is driving me nuts. I have a 15x15 ready to go except I can't support a player base if I can't reset stuck zoning characters. 

• Thanks 1

You can either delete the redis DB file, or use a tool such as Fastoredis to connect to your DB and drop all of the keys. 

• Thanks 1

So i was able to fix it in a weird way.  My person was trying to load into a grid other than my 1x1.  I made a 2x2, loaded, moved to the far west, grid 0,0 and quit.  Then went back into the 1x1 and i was able to join.   For some reason it was trying to load me into grid 0,1 which didnt exist in a 1x1, which would be grid 0,0.