Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Jaundice

Need Help/Guidance with mod idea

So, I have little a little coding experience and studied a couple years of computational science. I just downloaded the devkit and wanted to make my first mod. The mod idea is to have a craftable structure that places on a ship similar to how dingy hangars work. The structure will act as a hitching post and lock tames in position similar to how npcs can be locked to chairs/cannons. I am assuming most of the coding/blueprints for all of this to be possible already exist in the game considering what was mentioned regarding the dingy snappoints and npc use of chairs/cannons. Only thing is, I have no idea what blueprints/assets I need to use and how to set up the logic using the existing content. I have watched several tutorials and constantly tinker in the devkit but, I need someone to point me in the right direction. Wish there was some info on all the different assets/custom blueprints atlas has because not all are self explanatory. I have plenty of free time and am very eager to mod. So does anyone wanna help me with this idea? discord: johndaphenom#4307

7 hours ago, Johnny Jaundice said:

So, I have little a little coding experience and studied a couple years of computational science. I just downloaded the devkit and wanted to make my first mod. The mod idea is to have a craftable structure that places on a ship similar to how dingy hangars work. The structure will act as a hitching post and lock tames in position similar to how npcs can be locked to chairs/cannons. I am assuming most of the coding/blueprints for all of this to be possible already exist in the game considering what was mentioned regarding the dingy snappoints and npc use of chairs/cannons. Only thing is, I have no idea what blueprints/assets I need to use and how to set up the logic using the existing content. I have watched several tutorials and constantly tinker in the devkit but, I need someone to point me in the right direction. Wish there was some info on all the different assets/custom blueprints atlas has because not all are self explanatory. I have plenty of free time and am very eager to mod. So does anyone wanna help me with this idea? discord: johndaphenom#4307

I think its better to start with some little things first to learn UE4 and the Blueprint systems.
But if u want to start directly in this way u can search the dingy and the chairs or cannons and do a right click and click Reference Viewer.
In the Reference Viewer u see all Blueprints that are used by the item or needed for the item.