sensualtrex

Establishing NPC traders and businesses instead of taming animals like Ark

It would be nice to establish trading NPC driven trading companies and businesses to farm items instead of taming a bunch of animals.   I'm afraid this is turning into an animal taming simulator, instead of offering a pirates life. 

Now I'm not a game dev or have an exact idea of what this would actually look like, what I imagine is that:

• Build a building or market place near your base.  NPC driven business can either be a harvester or trader.  Harvesters can be assigned to a specific area and harvest all resources (no need to specialize).  Traders can establish a trading schedule with other bases and or companies.  Both have to be built outside of a wall (or they can operate at a significantly less efficiency inside a wall) and the harvesting and transporting happen in real time and can be protected from enemy players (protecting against NPCs would be irritating and tedious) or you can just let them roll.  
  • Need to maintain good standing with those businesses to keep them at max efficiency.  Protect them, pay them, keep taxes low, build services like bars, brothels, etc to keep them happy (city simulator).
  • The NPC driven farming should allow you to farm more efficiently over longer periods of time than animals.  No need to remove a gameplay mechanic for manual farming which can still be useful for events and raids and going to war, but automated farming would be a dream scenario for many companies.
  • Because these businesses are built outside of your wall ideally, we can actually have real pirate pillaging raids.  Still can be defended, have cool pirate marine battles that feel like actual marine battles.  Because this is more of a cash grab, companies in PvP will be less likely to fight over territory, or fight to complete annihilation unless provoked to.
  • The trading ships can be pirated, which will be tons of fun, as companies seek revenge over lost resources from trade.  Companies can hire NPC driven guard ships 

I think if we establish something like this it would provide more for players to do, allow more PvP or even PvE opportunity without wiping companies / players off the face of the world and let players do more fun stuff instead of spending 90% of their time farming rocks on the back of a rhino in full plate behind giant door forts.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Sounds good this is a pirate game not a farm /tameing game maybe restrictions on what animals can be tamed to those which are traditionally  domesticated  dogs birds livestock leave lar getting predators and creatures untamed 

• Like 1