Sign in to follow this  
Nathin Ames

Taming/Breeding suggestions!

I have been a long time Ark player, and have a few hours in Atlas. I have quite a few suggestions, but as for the sake of just this one post, let's stick to one of the game mechanics advertised in the original trailer of the game, Taming/Tames.

There are so many issues with Tames at the moment, you really should look into/fix. Here is a short list:

1. The Rhino charge attack does the same, if not less, damage than the primary attack. As the animations and the creature design are based off Ark's Wooly Rhino I can only assume this is a bug, or an oversight. This should definitely be looked into.

2. As of right now (with the elephant wood weight reduction gone) there is absolutely no point in taming anything. I understand you just reduced damage to tames by 50% (Thank you), but I really suggest you look into making specific animals have qualities just for the gathering of materials. I understand you don't want people circumventing Ship weight restrictions due to these weight reductions, however taking them off the animal makes them rather useless.

3. Why can't we tame turtles? This needs to be a thing.

4. Ostriches and Bulls are supposed to be the "best" thatch gatherers... nope. Which leads me to a previous point. Why can't we have better, more specialized gatherers? They are what makes the grind on Ark more fun (My opinion, may not be that of others).

5. THE BREEDING SYSTEM. So this only pertains to the actual baby making part of the breeding system. Your breeding system right now sucks, it really sucks. Why is it all of a sudden, Momma tame is so PICKY about temperature to get knocked up? Is this so intentional? All this does it make this whole mechanic so frustrating, people aren't going to want to use it at all, especially when you combine it with my next point...

6. Raising a baby. I am going to start off with a quote from your Wiki about bears:

" Baby bears are very time consuming,you will need to keep them within the appropriate temperature range until they are around 30% matured which is approx 15 hours real time."

https://atlas.gamepedia.com/Bear

This statement is FALSE. I don't know if it is the mechanic is broken and not working correctly, or the statement on the wiki is wrong, but the baby has to have temperature regulated all the way to 100%. I have tested it Multiple times, every time if I did not watch it to 100% it died (Logs say of starvation even though the bears I tested had 3 stacks of berries in them and on a full trough). I HIGHLY recommend you look into this. Along with this point is another point, babies do not eat on their own half the time. You have to force feed them.

So combine the last couple points, and you can see how frustrating it is to even attempt to breed/raise any babies. It is completely pointless at this time. Before any one mentions "Have you tried other animals?" Yes, and they all ended up the same results, I merely used the bear as an example due to it's extremely tight temperature restrictions.

7. WHY CANT WE HAVE RATTLESNAKES AS SHOULDER PETS? Get on this ASAP

8. I am going to end this long post with a Picture:

image.png.2b89874f694f01d6e2e561fa68689591.png

That is an upside down Elephant I had to fix as a Server Admin. I have seen this with Rhinos as well. I suppose you could look into this, or add more BS to the game first and ignore tames all together.

Thanks for reading,

Nathin Ames

Edited by Nathin Ames