Sign in to follow this  
Ruse

bug Creatures and tames phasing through solid matter

So a few issues here. At this point, I'm getting to the point where I want to walk away from the game until these issues are fixed. Will I? Probably not but it's such a let down to long on and half of our tames are gone by either wild creatures biting them through stone walls or them phasing through ceiling tiles placing them on the ground and letting the wild creatures have at them.

A little more insight: my friend and I played a lot of Ark so taming and raising creatures was one of our favorite things. We got excited when we saw the animals for Atlas and figured we could start an animal trade route. Well you have to keep all those tames somewhere right?

Barn 1.0: A simple stone structure inland with 3 floors. Just imagine a stone box. It was meant to keep the bad stuff out and we figured it would do the job. Not pretty but seemingly functional. Except no. We woke one day to see that half of our tames were killed by something biting them through the walls. Only the tames on the bottom floor were affected.

Barn 1.5: We improved upon the existing structure adding a second layer of walls to the outside and carefully placed the tames in the center and on upper floors. This time we set some wolves to nuetral to protect the others. Well, something either phased into the building or spawned in there. Either way, we lost a few tames to a tiger and a snake.

Barn 2.0: Complete overhaul and location. This time, we built the barn high up on stilts and over water. Location was chosen to avoid any natural land spawns so supposedly, no more tigers spawning in. Built on stilts so any wandering creatures can't bite through the walls. Additional double large gate system to keep unwanted creatures from ascending the steps and biting through walls. Seems like a pretty solid build, right? Nope. Giraffe and rhino phased through the floor where they were killed by a low level tiger and snake because we had set them to passive, assuming they were safe within the new stilted barn. We even put 3 more layers of ceiling below the stilts but this didn't work either (luckily I was on so no creatures died that time).

We shouldn't have to build against glitches. No matter how hard we try, there's just no keeping your tames safe. What's the point in breeding or naming them? They're just going to die. I get attached to my virtual pets and really hope we can expect some sort of fix for this.

• Like 1