Sign in to follow this  
SheepThrillz

Taming, this is not ARK...

The taming and breeding aspect of this game is a bit hardcore based on what you actually can achieve with capturing good specimens and breeding them.

As of now i have not been able to mate wolves and every other tamer i met has said "DO NOT BREED THEM"... I try, i keep them warm they mate and boom... theres a 3:50 hour cooldown, which is fair enough, but then again once this specimen is born it takes two full days with forcefeeding and keeping it warm and cozy to be able to keep it alive, it cannot eat at the trough and you havent implemented no motherly feed such as keeping the baby near the mother should feed it and then keep the warmth up.

Further i was told the penguins where supposed to radiate heat, they dont, you have to pick them up and carry them to get a heatbuff, what good does that do for usage?

I suggest that we change taming/breeding from ARK.

- Mothers should give a feed buff to their babies within a radius.

- Mothers will need a supply of food nearby through trough and you will need heat to keep both mother and baby warm, through campfire or other ways.

- Penguins should radiate a heat buff around them such as a campfire does, or else they will have zero use and are way to easy to lose to bugs or being attacked by animals.

- Wolves should be breedable too, finding a male high lvl is extremely rare and then to find out your wolves wont breed.. dafuq?

Im a tamer, fun part of this game but some of the aspects of taming just really annoy me, i aint got no one who can actively keep a baby bear alive for 2 days because you havent implemented a mother role of feeding.

• Like 1

Despite reddit posts claiming otherwise, breeding is not feasible for the vast majority of the playerbase. If you live in a hot biome, you have basically been denied the ability to breed anything as death by hypothermia is guaranteed, even on the desert specific spawns.
If you live in a cold biome, and breed in a stone enclosure JUST small enough to allow insulation buff, while also large enough to allow growth of the baby, it's still too cold. I live in a temperate region, and the temperature goes to -45C every second night.. I literally can't fit enough fires in that space to allow the baby to grow without most of them being too far from the baby's center to actually apply the insulation buff to it. ESPECIALLY with bears. A 30% matured baby bear is too large to warm, surrounded with fires, without actually placing it on top of the fires, killing it faster. I've tried building them a level down, but the buff applied at that range is so small it hardly helps any at all.

I shouldn't have to force feed the baby it's entire life to save it. This encourages exploitative play and use of macros while sleeping IRL to actually raise a baby. And in a game with such a realistic feel going for it, this is a very large deviance from the expectation and supposed goal.

I wouldn’t hold out great hope that taming and breeding are go to end up superior to Ark.  this quote is taken from Jat’s post/blog after v10 was released. 

I figure this needed its own mini mention itself. ATLAS isn’t a taming orientated game. Yes, we have it, and we plan to expand on it, as well as introduce more creatures for you add to your arsenal, however, the creatures themselves are meant to be supplemental and not the main focal point.

maybe I’m misinterpreting this, but doesn’t sound good for those of us who would love to do a lot more taming and breeding. 

3 minutes ago, KeyenDF said:

this quote is taken from Jat’s post/blog after v10 was released. 

ATLAS isn’t a taming orientated game.

Unless you plan to maintain a Galleon. Good luck wearing out more picks than Jimmy Hendrix on a caffeine drip (Yahtzee reference intentional.)