Sign in to follow this  
Tobias

V10 Taming Changes

So we have tried the taming kibble changes for at least a full version now...honestly, I think they should be rolled back. Don't get me wrong, it frustrated me not finding sugarcane for horses or wheat for elephants...but it also promoted diversity and trade. Take honey for example. It is a fair bit rarer than other saps like Syrup or such. While it does offer the benefit of a faster tame, it also is a moot resource now, its unique and special purpose has been supplanted by berries and other commonplace resources that are much much easier to gather anywhere. The better taming benefit offers little in the way of incentive to tame with. Taming foods should be reverted to pre- v10. You literally have killed much of the demand to trade these items. In fact, I wish the other likewise items would be more diverse in use as well. For example, Orangino shouldn't take the place of a pepper...they aren't the same, and shouldn't be treated as such. This then convinces the player to grow different types and trade accordingly.