Sign in to follow this  
jennymatrix

Reduce offline raiding

I didnt play ARK I dunno if there are any sort of ships like here in ATLAS, but if its a new thing, I get it has to be tested and balanced. Basicly on EU PvP server we are in a war witch french pr*cks. We are alliance having like 10 companies on 3 islands in the same sector. And the french guys are in whole different sector. Through last 3 days we lost about 150 ships, mostly brigs, schooner, etc.. everytime at 3 am for example, when normal working people are sleeping. Everytime when we were online at normal hour and fought french on the sea, they basicly lost everytime. They only are sunking our ships when we are offline, we even built a huge port with stone towers in waters and NPCs with cannons setup there, but it has no point since french guy destroys your anchoring brig in 1 and half minutes approx? Wheres the fun in that? Gotta do something about it. As I said, ships are apparently new thing to ARK and got to be explored and tested, well here I add a suggestion to protect anchoring ships more, because its just nonsense that when you sleep your enemy destroys your whole fleet consisted of 50 ships,which you farm for like a week, in 30 minutes.. its just nonsense, gotta change that. There are a lot of ways how to handle this, as a result from a little brainstorming i suggest: Reduce damage on anchoring ships/reduce dmg to ships overnight European central Time/ let us build some building that reduces dmg to anchoring ships nearby by 90%.

Edited by jennymatrix

the french are cowards they know that they are very bad at the game so they just raid offline. 

we had plenty of fights agains them usually 1 guy of us matches 5-10 french people they are like training dummys

whats the name of your alliance?

Warning: Post contains spoilers about the story for ARK and I don't know how to make spoiler markup on this forum. You have been warned.

ARK was a game about dinosaurs. Only 1 of the official maps even had an open ocean to use boats at all and they were easily destroyed by the whales that live there. That being said, similar types of offline raiding was a major feature of ARK and unlikely to be changed on a PvP server. It was common that the smaller tribes that were not globally dispersed would log back in every day and find most, if not all, of their dinos dead because of a raid while they were all sleeping or at work which would cause them to either move over to private servers with mods that prevent offline raiding or merge into one of the globally dispersed groups that would have at least someone on to repel attackers at any time. The "mega tribes" in ARK dominate the official servers to the point that the lore story of ARK revealed that the formation of warring mega tribes was the entire point of the ARK project to the post-human race that built the ARKs.

Anyways, good luck with your offline raiding problem. Hope you are able to partner up with some Aussies or something to defend you while you are sleeping. 🙂

Edited by Dazlarus
misspelling
  • Haha 1