Sign in to follow this  
Bushma

A couple ideas regarding ship controls.

Hello. So the first thing that is super weird and got my attention is the handling sails? I don't think that's how sails work. For turning speed we should be able to get better rudder or something as sails shouldn't influence that. What is now called a handling sail, should be used to sail faster against the wind and catch wind better (kinda does that now, but speed remains bad). And speed sail should be faster with the wind, which kind of does that right now. That way we can spec to one or another, or try to balance it.

As for rudder, if we were able to choose from different rudders some could give us better turn rate but be heavier as a trade-off. Or light ones would have low rate of turning.

Also, the rudder itself shouldn't be coming back automatically but rather just stay at our desired position when turned. Also, it should require much more turning of the actual wheel, to adjust the rudder. If you play 1st person it seems like you're in F1, where slight wheel adjustment turns the ship a lot, which is super bizzare.

These are just suggestions, based on my opinion and some experience in other sailing games. Thank you and calm seas!