Toxi

Has anyone figured out how to make starter island buildable ?

Hi as the title say i have a dedicated server hosted by LogicServers and i have been trying to figure out how in the world i change the freeport island to be buildable and claimable as ive seen on other servers i cant for the life of me find the setting and im am terrible when it comes to understanding the .json files and grid creator i dont wanna change anything else but just that one option make the freeport buildable and claimable

Open the ServerGrid.Json file in a text editor and search for "bDontUseClaimFlags" (without the quotes). You should see something like this.

"OverrideShooterGameModeDefaultGameIni": {
        "bDontUseClaimFlags": "1",
        "NoClaimFlagDecayPeriodMultiplier": "4"
    },

To allow claim flags, remove the following including all quotes and punctuation. Do not remove the curly braces or anything else.
"bDontUseClaimFlags": "1",

The second value controls decay of buildings if not inside a claimed area. If you remove that then I believe you can build anywhere without needing to claim to avoid decay.
"NoClaimFlagDecayPeriodMultiplier": "4"

Edited by Madhermit

Does that make a freeport region itself claimable tho ? so i have a 1x1 grid and the entire region counts as a freeport region and thing is nothing is claimable even with disabling the flags if you do then yeah you can build but you cant have any beds down cuz it says "this bed is no longer in a claimed area"

Edited by Toxi
added info