Sign in to follow this  
Karsifar

When you are offline, you lose everything. Playing alone is only disappointment. (opinion)

I spent 40-50 hours on this game, making my way through many bugs and lags. Forgetting about the nightmare that was happening on the first day at the start, i swam between the islands for more than 10 hours and died tons of times to find land for settlement. I spent a lot of time building my house, gathering large reserves of resources for building a sloop. And when the game is trying to kill you all the time: lions, wolves, vitamins, spawn system and just dozens of bugs. And when there is no iron on the island. All of this is a big pain in the ass. You come back with the hope that everything will be fine further and this will not happen again. Every time you do a game favor.  Remembering that this is "early access" and turning a blind eye to various problems. So, I tamed a wolf for riding and it was difficult and long. it was very exciting, but the result is justified when you sit on him and send to explore the island at high speed and jump, when the neighbors look at you with envy and admiration for the first time. Within 20 minutes after driving pleasure, I lost him after the game kindly brought me down under the texture. It was the first time I removed the game from anger, not wanting to take another loss of everything ...

But something got me hooked in this game anyway and i'm back...I was going to continue to be attached to the meaning of pirate life, if it were not for one thing ...

Going into the game after the rest, I found that all my lands were captured by other companies (I was playing on the PVE server). The whole island is in red spots, like a sore ass baby. Literally in 2-3 days there was absolutely no space left on the island, even a poor, lonely gull has nowhere to make a nest.  Аll my buildings that I built for several days, spending tens of hours collecting resources. And yes, this is not an easy task when a character wants to eat all the time, but the strip of vitamins is already at the limit, and your iron tools, already once again eats a pack of super-speed wolves with you. From the four beds there was only one, which was hidden in the mos inconspicuous place, like a spawn.
Missing ship, pier,  old raft... Only me and my bare ass are left! everything passed to other people, who snored loudly and haughtily in my house, into which I could already enter. it is enough just to stick the flag while you sleep in real life to claim land. 

Should I start all over again? Are you serious ?! 

And now the question is, what's the point of playing next? 

I have to spend dozens of hours every time on this tedious grind, but in the meantime I go offline again 1-2 days and lose everything? I have to sit in this game 24/7, whoever puts his flag in my land? Without a "tribe", a solo player has no chance? No romance "lonely captain-robinson"? Only the ruthless gathering of grind resources? 

In this world, my character has no place, because every piece of land has already been captured by others, just a week after the release.

I like the concept of the game, its scope and the spirit of navigation. I understand that there is not enough space for everyone on the islands(servers), and there are many who want to settle there. And these people will want to get more. Single players have no chance of survival and development. hope that the developers will come up with a system to claim territories suitable for all. Well, at the moment, it makes no sense to continue for me.

PS

Sorry for the "many letters" and curve english. But I really wanted to express my opinion.

It's not just solo, even small bands can't do much. Even if they do, Chinese or streamer army will roll in and undo it in minutes. Hell, at least you somehow managed to make a claim. That's more than most players not in a big army are able to do right now.

Single player mode like Ark needs to be added. For single player, the grid could easily transition to the next as the player travels.