Kiru

Someone took my claim (PVE) + Ideas for the land claiming

(I am on EU PVE server, TL;DR for the first part at the bottom)

Someone took my claim even though I had been inside my claim the day before (not even 24 hs had past). I logged out inside my house, with all the doors closed. The house had a bed  and I also had a raft with a bed in the sea close to my house. The next day when I log in to play I get the message that I got killed by a alpha vulture. I don't know how it killed me inside my own house, but I thought "Well it doesn't matter I can just respawn in 1 of my 2 beds. Nope, it didn't even show my claim on the map. Ok what about the bed on the raft? Nope, destroyed by a damned ship. So I talked to my boyfriend and told him what happened. He decided he would come online and we could take our sloop back to the island to see what have happened. The day before my boyfriend and I had been out exploring with our sloop. After hours of traveling he logged out in the sloop while I went back to our base (respawn in bed inside the house) and logged out there. But when he logs on he was also dead and he can't respawn on the sloop(we had a bed on it) even though we could see the sloop marked on the map. We thought "Maybe the bed got destroyed somehow". So we respawn at the closest freeport and build a raft and sail to where the boat is suppose to be but we soon realize that it is no longer marked on the map. We keep going to where the sloop is suppose to be but couldn't find it (seems that it somehow sunk). After a while we gave up and decided to head to the island where my claim was suppose to be. Me, hoping for the best, thought that it could maybe be a bug and that is why my claim and bed didn't show up on the map. We spawn at the closest freeport to the island and began to build a raft and heading to the island where my claim was. After hours of struggling (with everything and) the wind never blowing the way we were going, we finally made it just to discover that someone had somehow taken my claim.

I would lie if I said it didn't bother me. I did spend a lot of time build a house (not a cube house). It wouldn't bother me so much if I knew I could just start over... but that is the point (which of course many have already said) I can't start over, because there is no more land to claim.

My suggestions

I know many have pointed the land claiming out and maybe given the same/similar ideas, but I want to share my suggestion anyways.

• 1 claim per region - This makes it possible to get more than 1 claim, just not in the same region.
    Why i think more than 1 claim should be possible is because it opens up the possibility of selling/trading land.

• Paying for ever claim you do after your first one - This stops the players from, being able to travel from region to region and claim 1 spot without any type of requirement/payment. This will also stop the mass claiming that would happen in launch of the game.

• Increase requirement/payment for every claim that's made - This will stop the mass claiming, since after a while the claim will just be way too expensive.

• High tier skill - By making multiple claims a skill, only some players will be able to claim more land. Since they have to spend many skillpoints for it. It might not be ideal for most players since they will lose skillpoint they can use for other things.

These are just some of my ideas, might not be super thought through but maybe it can somehow help with ideas on how to fix this problem.

TL;DR
I lost my claim on EU PVE server even though I've been active inside the territory within 3 days (And sloop sometimes shows up marked on map but isn't at the marked place).

Sorry for the long post 🙂