devious

Claiming land

Is there anyone that could link me to or please explain how claiming works in both pvp and pve? All the information I am currently able to find seems quite outdated. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I can only tell you about how it works in PVE, as I’ve never played PVP in Atlas.

As a company you have a certain amount of Island Points, which can be used to claim islands. The larger the company, the more Island Points. We are 4 in our company and have 81 Island Points.

If you are on an unclaimed island, you can press F1 (PC) to bring up the claim flag and provided you have enough gold in your inventory and have enough Island Points to claim the island in question you can place the flag voila, you have claimed an island.

It costs gold every 12 hours to maintain your claim, so make sure there are enough gold in you flag at all times as otherwise you will lose the island.

You cannot claim an already clsimed island, and you cannot steal a claim in PVE.

Provided that you have set the taxation rate on the island (by default it is set at 0%) then you will start getting resources when others farm on your island. If you have 20% taxation, and I go farm 100 wood on your island, you will get 20 wood placed into your flag (happens automatically. In PVE I still get 100 wood, it is not deducted from my farming hence no negative for me to farm on the island.

If you claim annisland for readurce purposes, make sure you claim one which have something people will want to farm. If there is nothing really valuable on the island, it’s just as likely that people will go elsewhere to farm and you get little benefit from resources.

Pre-wipe, when building in lawless, trees would grow back through foundations, which was annoying. Not sure if that was changed, but can say that they will not do so on a claimed island after the wipe. Whether it was always like that and still is, I do not know, we claimed an island this time so haven’t checked if lawless still have trees come through your foundations, but at least it does not happen now on a claimed island.

You as landlord can control who gets to build on yoyr island, and can set it so only conpany, allies or everyone can build there. If someone place structures on key resources, you have to option to demolish them up to 24 hours after being placed.

I like to have a claimed island, but I do not really see much benefit in it unless you have key resources on it. Like Ironwood/Twigs which can only be obtained in 3 regions - people are forved to come farm there (for better quality blueprints). I just like to have an island, as we tend to help others, and have people settling down as we are rarher friendly, even though it is not the best island.

Think that’s about it really, but if others have added info, feel free to jump in.