Sign in to follow this  
Eotech

Econony, Ship Cabins, and Currents / Trade Winds

Hello Pathfinders,

Here are a few random thoughts that I wanted to share with all of you:

1.  Economy

One of the major factors in long term MMO's is, frankly, the economy.  We need a market place that actually connects to other free port areas so that all players have a chance at buying / selling items.  This will fuel trade, trade wars, and make more materials available for all.  It will only cost you some coin!

2.  Ship Cabins

With the makeup of each style of ships, I'd propose pre-fabricated, purchasable cabins for each ship.  These could range from luxurious cabins for the front, back or middle, to the war setup which allows the rear planks to be cannon ports.  The cabins should cost plenty of gold and offer some type of small advantage to the ship.  Luxury cabins could offer reduced food and water consumption.  The war setup could offer resistance or damage while the trader setup could offer speed.

3.  Currents / Trade Winds

Many players, current and past, complain about the sail time.  While I really don't mind, I do understand the issue.  If there were trade winds / currents, boats could move at a significantly faster pace.  The trade for speed, however, should be offset with the boats icon on the map.  The player will have to choose what is more important; speed or security.

4.  Home Button / Docking Pass

I have this suggestion from a company member.  Each boat should have the ability to "teleport home", once every 24 hours.  The ship cannot be in combat during this type of action.  This is for the emergencies which occur in daily life.   The other option is a 24 hour docking pass, purchased in the freeport which allows you to leave your boat there for up to 24 hours, without any decay.  Further, there should be a 24/48 hour cooldown on the ability, or charge double the second day, triple the third, etc., up to three days.  Each day you spend equals a day you are on cooldown.

Just some suggestions.  Thanks for reading.

Havok Deadeye

MERCS Company of Misfits