Current ATLAS Official Server Network Server Version: v18.84
Current ATLAS Official Server Network Server Status: Healthy
Upcoming patch notes
Please note these updates may not necessarily be in the next patch but will make into an upcoming one.
V19 - ETA: LATE FEBRUARY
New Features and Content
- New Feature: Daily Missions for players with unique and powerful rewards
- New Feature: 7 more ‘Main Quests’ which upon successful completion will provide their own unique Skill unlock
- New Structure: Guillotine. Hanging your foes in a noose taking too long? Off with their heads!
- New Feature: Curses. Tied to the execution of players
- New Creature: Giant Crab. It can carry heavy loads, along with players, tames and wild creatures
- New Vehicle: Submarine. Explore the depths of the ocean in this small scouting submarine. No weapons on board, but it does have claw arms to help harvest the ocean floor and explore (demolish) shipwrecks
- New Structure: Bookshelf. Store and sort your high-quality maps and blueprints.
- New Environment: Deep Ocean Trench. A new area to explore, guarded by powerful underwater creatures and home to the new Giant Crab
- New Feature: Player shops in freeports. Players can set up automated shops in each Freeport, listing loot for sale and naming their own gold coin prices.
- New Cosmetics: Multiple Armor sets to customize the look of your company and crew! Provided as a permanent unlock for completing the Quests in addition to skill rewards.
- Ship of the Damned will now come in multiple size variations with different stats and difficulty levels.
- Reorganized claim flag notifications, so they no longer clutter up the entire HUD when lots of messages are flying by
- Territory map will now display allies as teal-coloured
- Character creator now has a Height slider to make it easier to set your character's desired height
- Any dead ships (shipwrecks) from your Company appear with a unique icon on your map now, so you can find the wrecks
- Global territory message updating
- Currently contested claims will be indicated on the minimap
- Players can now mount a sail to directly control the sail's open/close amount and rotation settings in a more intuitive way.
- NPCs will be added to Freeports which will allow players to redesign their character's tattoos for a gold cost
released patch notes
- Optimized performance of various server subsystems.
- Gold coins have had their weight reduced by 50%
- The weight of all items have been reduced by 30% globally (does not apply to structures that are placed on boats, only items in inventories)
- Weight Sails now provide 20% more bonus weight.
- Diving Suit now provides a buff which gives players a 50% extra base weight when diving underwater
- Water Barrel now has a base weight of 75. It can hold 6000 water (previously was 500). For every 1000 water, it will add 20 weight. This means the lightest it will be is 75, and the maximum weight will be 195.
- Players now start the game with 30% more personal weight and will gain an additional 40% per level (so base weight has increased from 250 -> 325 and bonus per level is up from 10 to 14)
- Tamed creatures now gain an additional 6% weight per level into weight rather than 4%
Creatures & Tames
- Elephants and Rhinos now provide a 25% weight reduction to their specialised resources
- Giraffe now receives an approximate 2x bonus when harvesting thatch and has a 25% weight reduction when carrying thatch
- Elephant base stamina increased to 390
- Rhino base stamina increased to 190
- Giraffe base stamina increased to 440
- Baby creatures will no longer take into account the temperature alterations from coldfront and heatwave
- Tamed creature resistance has been increased by 30% and damage increased by 20%
- Bear health has been reduced by 10%
- NPC Crew can now be renamed
- NPC Crew can no longer be placed on Bear and Horse Carts
- Company Tame Limits have been doubled
- The interval between paying crew gold has been increased by 40% (there is now more time before you have to pay them again)
- Ship of the Damned will no longer physically damage a team's structures and anchored boats unless they have been specifically damaged by that target. PvE servers only.
Structures and Items
- Puckle Damage has been increased to 100 base and is 50% more armour piercing
- Carbines reload time has been reduced by 10%
- Pistol reload time has been reduced by 33%
- Blunderbuss reload time has been reduced by 20%
- Blunderbuss damage to creatures has been increased by 50% to wild and by 20% to tamed.
- Stone Structure SAP crafting requirements changed to fibre.
- Wooden Structures resistance to explosive and siege damage types increased by 30%
- Stone Structures resistance to explosive and siege damage types increased by 45%
- Explosive Barrel change reverted until the redesign
- Reverting damage increase and crafting cost decrease to Grenades
- Oil Jar weight has increased to 10 and fires lit on top of oil have had their duration reduced by 50%
- Oil Jar has been made more difficult to craft
- Fully Anchored Boats now have a buff which provides a bonus 300% structure resistance
- Old Age no longer has a debuff
- Fountain of Youth is now available on all Golden Age Ruin servers (we'll be looking at redesigning how this works in the near future)
- Players can now purchase a respec soup at the Commodity Trader in Freeports
- Players now have approximately 20% more skill points per level
- Fixed a bug where quality specific equipment would display a multiplicative % stat increase and a flat stat increase, but only one would work. Going forward, the flat stat increase will be made obsolete and items will no longer be generated with it. Quality stated items will now only generate with the multiplicative stat bonus, and this change will be retroactive.
- Fixed a bug where items would falsely state that they were providing a speed benefit (did not do anything). They should not generate anymore going forward.
- Mortars will no longer be able to shoot at players outside of render distance
- Fixed a bug where fire AoE would not attach properly to moving boats.
- Potential fix for some frequent server side crashes. We'll be monitoring with this build
- Explosive Barrels will be undergoing some changes with this patch, please note that they're still in the process of receiving their redesign, but this puts them close to it:
Limited to 1 carryable stack per person.
Stack size will remain at 10
You will not be able to store them in creature inventories, however, legacy ones will remain there.
They will be able to be placed near enemy structures and water without needing a claim flag, but not on boats itself.
You will not be able to equip them into your hotbar, they must be placed from within the inventory.
There will be a restriction to how many can be put down at a time within a certain radius.
Reduced Explosive Barrel damage by approximately 20%
Reduced Explosive Barrel explosive radius by approximately 20%
- Diving Suit will make wild underwater creatures ignore you unless you attack them
- Alcohol will no longer spoil
- Cooking Recipes spoil time increased to 10 hours
- Spoiling time increase bonus on Preserving Bag has been increased
- Increased Grenade damage by approximately 50%
- Decreased crafting costs for Grenades by approximately 20%
- Improved cannon collision and obstruction check to limit the effectiveness of multiple cannons in gunport.
- Diving Attachment now has the same health as the Dinghy Hangar
- Fixed a bug relating to shooting cannonballs, previously allowing it to go through certain ally structures. This will no longer be the case anymore.
- Cannister shot range increased by approximately 20%
- Cannister shot damage increased by approximately 10%
- Spike shot explosion timer is now 30 seconds instead of 20 seconds
- Spike shot now reloads approximately 10% quicker
- Spike shot range increased by approximately 15%
- Fixed some server startup crashes
- Widened the amount of networking info the server can send to clients
- Server optimisations
- Fixed a bug related to server transitions
- Crow's Nest peak will no longer block the camera.
- When it rains, cyclones now only have a 33% chance to occur (previously 100%), and will deal twice as much damage.
- Dolphins chance to jump has been reduced to 20%.
- Client-side option to hide the Gamepedia Wiki button in player inventory.
- Patched out some .ini changes which allowed people to remove certain visual effects granting them an unfair advantage in PvP
- On PvE specifically, Ship of the Damned should not attack anchored ships that have not fired upon them.
- Rare Resources are now available on PvE Commodity traders for a higher gold amount than regular resources.
- Fixed crew on puckle gun taking damage from fire aoe buffs.
- When gunports are closed they now reduce their specific snapped-cannon weight by 60% (previously 50%), open-ports are default cannon weight.
- Gunport crafting and repair costs are now the same as regular planks.
- Fixed an exploit which allowed players to place multiple claim flags at once.
- Large Cannons now do 30% less damage against Ship planks and Ship decks.
- Added extra server-side protection to remote inventories to resolve an exploit
- Company Claim Flags cannot be personally owned anymore.
- Server crash fixes
- Client Side GPU Optimisations
- Explosive Barrel Weight now correctly displayed as 60
- Added a direct button to the ATLAS wiki when opening your inventory
- Server optimisation for structures on boats
- Fixed a bug where picking up a higher quality structure within the pickup timeframe would result in the common structure, rather than the specific higher quality itself
- Fixed an exploit which allowed players to stall out servers
- Added extra protection to inventories to fix and prevent players from bypassing pin codes
- Fixed a bug with the Kraken which would have inflicted a high amount of unintended damage
- The Kraken's Barrier will no longer damage ships on collision
- Explosive Barrel weight has been increased back to 60 (we're still working on a redesign). This is not visible on clients but will be active on servers. We will have a corresponding client fix to go out with this later.
- Explosive Barrels can no longer be placed on enemy ships, and only have a weight of 6 now. This is a temporary measure due to undesired gameplay. We are going to be redesigning the barrels from a technical/gameplay point of view to give them more use in the future.
- Fixed a case which allowed players to enter the bottom of ships
- Fixed a case which allowed players to clip and stick themselves inside the boat's hull
- Protected against players accessing inventories from outside ships via clipping into boats
- Fixed multiple cases where players would fall through structures upon server restart, login, transition, etc.
- Fixed a crash which would occur when transitioning with the sextant buff
- Fixed Swivel Cannons from firing through walls
- Allow players to pick-up structures if you're on the same team even if you do not have demolish rights
- Global Number of Ships is now displayed in the player's ATLAS Map UI. We'll be making this more visible on the UI in a future update. It will not display if you do not have any ships and do not belong to a company.
- Cleaned up an error message when attempting to craft a boat when you were at the maximum global limit
- Added a Crew name filter for company UI
- Added a 12 second delay between playing status voice clips (such as injured or starvation)
- War Drum songs have been adjusted to be more rewarding. Details can be found here.
- Tweaked war drum battle songs to eliminate a big gap in the note sheet preview (just the preview, not the actual song)
- Fixed a bug causing the buff timer shown on the music UI during a looping song that gives a perpetual buff to become off by 1 second from the actual buff timer.
- Fixed a bug causing notes to incorrectly fail when activated near the edges of song loops
- Fixed a bug where client fps stutters could cause notes to fail that should have been auto-played
- Reduced tutorial background opacity
- Made it so text wasn't cut off for long paragraphs in the tutorial
- Mod Map Extensions now work (and will not require recooking the mod)
- Linux WaveWorks optimisations (Linux Servers will run much better)
- Kraken will no longer give impulses to players for the tentacle slams or tentacle impacts
- Impacts with the Kraken bodyparts will no longer cause ship damage
- Ship of the Damned Kraken minions are now damageable in PvE
- Reduced the damage of the Kraken homing projectiles by 50%
- Increased the damage taken by the Kraken tentacles by 50%
- Ghost ship will now appear every night rather than every 3 nights
- Swapped Mythical and Legendary in the descriptions for tools skills tier 2 and 3, as they were previously incorrect.
- Fixed a bug where beds that were placed beyond the default accommodation limit were destroyed on server load
- Turrets and Cannons will no longer fire underwater and can no longer be mounted underwater
- Fixed a bug allowing players to reset all glider cooldowns by moving the glider between hotbar slots
- Increased the required minimum diving velocity before going into the glide-fall state to reduce gaining/maintaining height
- Ghost Ship has been fixed and will now take damage.
- Eliminated Cannon Animations playing entirely on the server for performance savings
Quality Of Life
- Option to hide territory broadcast messages
- Territory broadcast message boxes now scale according to the character size of the message
- Gunport camera socket has been lowered and moved forward for better viewing when shooting from gunports
- PvE players will now be able to see their claim flag's inactivity timer on the flag itself
- Attacking Player no longer needs to be in range for declaiming progress
- Glider now has a required dive duration rather than a forced dive cooldown (achieves the same nerf effect on glider spam and feels better to use)
- Whale Counts have been boosted on the Tundra and reduced the spawn interval between whales by 50%
- Wild Dragon damage has been reduced by 30%
- Golden Age Spawns have had their spawn interval increased from 30 seconds to 5 minutes and increased distance from players from 7700 to 9000
- Various buffs/changes made to musical songs played on the Accordion. Details can be found here - we have some planned updates to come for the War Drum in a future update, once we've resolved some technical issues related to it.
- PvE Claim Flag inactivity timer has been adjusted so that it now scales dynamically. A company with a small number of flags will be declaimable after 3 weeks of inactivity, whereas a company with a large number of claim flags would be declaimable after 3 days of inactivity.
- The gold cost has been increased on upgrading higher quality items and structures
- Cooking Recipes spoil time has been increased
- Top Companies will have their names displayed on the left-hand side of the map and are now granted special nameplates and figureheads
- Fixed server issue that could disconnect clients if they had a lot of map entities.