Here is my list of suggestions, provided that developers even look at this anymore. I know not everyone will agree with what I stated, but this is my opinion on what should be done to make this game better.
· Fix broken code / features before introducing new code or features and insure it is working properly before you release it. There is so much broken now, the game should be wiped and started from scratch with new code. Once you see that the code is stable in a production environment, add in your new features.
· Fix bugs immediately with a hot patch, don’t hold off for two or more days, if you have to wait that long to fix something, roll the servers back to the previous version of the game.
· Remove both the farmhouse & warehouse. Replace with a single multi-function unit that can be used to gather resources from the island slowly as well store said resources, 1 per company in region. This will reduce the number of items on the servers and prevent spam of warehouses and farmhouses.
· One constant theme the Developrs keep telling is that they want us on the seas more (besides for maps, resources and the few quests available) what else are we to do? Killing SOTD’s, doing maps, and the few quests available is monotonous. Make new content/quest once you have the present code Stabilized.
· Get real gaming servers, sorry Nitrado servers are not meant for extreme number of players in a region. If you get more than 10 players on the present servers, they begin to lag out horribly. Eve Online just had over 8000 in one region, there is no way the Atlas servers could handle near that load.
· Remove this new trade system, let the players drive the economy of the game with trade shows and player ran events. This will be more successful and entertaining for the players involved. If you feel this is needed, make it so only one of the trade islands can be claimed by a company.
· Create more claimable islands and limit the number of islands owned per company to the maximum of 2 islands.
· Decrease the time sailing, a lot of people are limited to the amount of time they can spend in the game. They shouldn’t have to spend most of their free time sailing to where they want to go. I am not saying make it instantaneous, but to increase the speed of the ships. This is a game it is fantasy not reality.
· If people are building a ship, why do they need to spend gold to build it? They have already spent the time gathering the resources for the ship, now you are going to request that they go get gold as well? You are chasing your player base away with these ideas you are coming up with.
· Listen to your player base. The ramming ship is neat looking; however, it’s not what people asked for in a ship.
· Remove the large text off of the Sextant Buff map, a lot of people use that to see shorelines. The large text is blocking part of the shoreline, shallows and smaller islands.
· Bring back the NA PVE server, the Global PVE server is overcrowded or at least bring back the old 15X15 map.
· Bring back the experience points for the bosses; however, set a flag that you only get the experience points for completing the boss first time; in the case of the snowman or kraken each player gets experience for version one once and version two once.