Jump to content

alexicon

Pathfinder
  • Content Count

    3
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About alexicon

  • Rank
    Pathfinder
  • Birthday 06/15/1993
  1. Bumping here as it's been a little bit since this thread was updated. How many of the original problems from this thread are still active? OpenSSL version Curl version Save issues Crazy resource usage Are there any new game breaking bugs to watch out for on Linux servers? I've been riding the struggle bus barge and I'm so close to getting something working. I don't want to inundate this thread with troubleshooting discussion so I made a new post, please drop me a line if you have any thoughts.
  2. Veteran ARK server host here: I've just spun up a test Atlas server and even though the process is running and listening on the correct ports (this is Linux) and the server is receiving packets to the listening port, the server is reporting offline when polled by steam view > servers list (prompted manually). Well, I think it's running. The stdout from the application is: ATLAS@Games:~$ bash servertest.sh Using binned. 4.5.1-0+UE4 7038 3077 409 10 [S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed. Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 834910 It's definitely listening and using a bunch of memory: alexicon@Games:/home/ATLAS/ATLAS/ShooterGame/Saved/Logs$ sudo netstat -nlp | grep Shoot tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:32336 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 26313/ShooterGameSe udp 0 0 0.0.0.0:5762 0.0.0.0:* 26313/ShooterGameSe udp 43008 0 0.0.0.0:57556 0.0.0.0:* 26313/ShooterGameSe 26313 ATLAS 20 0 6568776 3.639g 72304 S 1.3 46.7 0:52.85 ShooterGameServer Edit: After some additional troubleshooting I found the following from the ShooterGame logs: alexicon@Games:/home/ATLAS/ATLAS/ShooterGame/Saved/Logs$ sudo tail -f ShooterGame.log [2019.03.03-09.35.18:020][ 0]Log file open, 03/03/19 01:35:18 [2019.03.03-09.35.18:020][ 0]ATLAS Version: 20.12 (Rev. 109371) [2019.03.03-09.35.18:020][ 0]PID: 28103 [2019.03.03-09.35.34:517][ 0]Primal Game Data Took 16.15 seconds [2019.03.03-09.35.37:022][ 0]SteamSocketsOpenSource: gethostname failed () [2019.03.03-09.35.37:022][ 0]gethostbyname failed () [2019.03.03-09.35.42:669][ 0]Network range scales set to: 48 start, 77 end, 0.440000 endscale I can see from the below post that this all looks okay, it's just that the server never starts: In this admin's case, the server took over 400 seconds to load. So I've left it for over 1200 and no dice.
×