Planet Caladan is a 4x3 PVE Dedicated Atlas Grid. The goal of this grid is to allow a casual PVE and builder experience. The grid is 4x3 and enabled for current PVE end game (Powerstones and Kraken). As the mods become available we may add some for QoL or Cosmetic purposes. I want survival against the environment to be the primary challenge. I don't like extremely high rates, while I like higher rates than official so I can still enjoy the game at a semi-accelerated pace while we all have jobs. My goal is to maintain/adjust as content is released to realize my vision of a PVE cluster.
Connect here: A1-Freeport Spawn: steam://connect/atlas.krystof.io:57461
Discord link: https://discord.gg/wEvhcVe
All biomes are represented.
There's a dynamic map here: http://atlas.krystof.io
* The only Spawning Freeport Cell (A1) allows no claims and rapidly decays built items. You're meant to start here and visit here, not stay here.
* You are capped to level 8 at the freeport. To level up to the 'pre-discovery' cap of 25, get out of A1.
* The grid is 4x3 with end game islands and a Kraken dedicated cell.
* Each biome is represented by at least two tiles to provide a diverse environmental experience.
* ForceAllStructureLocking = True
* Initial Max Level 25 - After that, you must discover islands to increase the level cap, or through power stones and defeating the Kraken.
* Max Level 150, all engram points available by the end of it (engrams per level adjusted, higher levels give more points) - This may change in the future when children are introduced.
* There are a few freeport islands spread out the map for vendors, but only **one** that you can spawn in (A1 region - Castle Caladan)
* Islands become generally more difficult in each cell the farther away from A1 you are as a reference point. Some Islands are 1.0 (Max level 30 wild dinos), while most are 1.4 to 2.6 - Max level 78 of wild
* Player stat increase - All stat increases 1.25 X Official except health and weight, which are 1.0 and 1.5 respectively.
* Global Spoil Time X 2 (Longer lasting)
* Player Water Drain Rate X 0.8
* XP X 1.5
* Taming Speed X 1.5 (This leads to X3 on official as they doubled the baseline)
* Harvest Amount X 1.5 (This leads to X3 on official as they doubled the baseline)
* Treasure Gold Multiplier X 1.5
Harvest X6, XP X2
More modifications probably coming here. The goal I had in ARK was to make targeted breeding and mutating paramount to success. To achieve that in a single player-ish environment, I boosted a good amount of stats. I don't know how much exactly will equate in Atlas - We'll have to play it by ear. Thus far the tame specific settings are:
Imprinting to full maturation supported.
No config changes at this time for ships - XP cap increased to allow higher levels
SPUK Advanced Structures
Settings as a whole may be tweaked over time as more .ini options may become available for us to edit (like ship stats), and mods become available. In general, I play through the game and adjust as I deem fit - My philosophy is not to hand myself things on a silver platter, and I like decor mods but disable bits that give advantages against the spirit of PVE. I like things challenging and somewhat harsh, but eventually doable via a single player, so things may be adjusted as I move forward. With ARK, I accomplished this with some boss damage scaling and promoting selective breeding and imprinting to be the mechanism for creating a powerful army for endgame. I'll see how the game evolves over time in Atlas and adjust accordingly.
Outside of this, I take a very hands off approach. You want a resource? Go find it. That's how I play it. Between all the biomes and such I think I have everything covered - if necessary I can add an island or two later.