Bull. Shit. Maybe if you fixed bottle map vanishings, map spawn locations, sunken treasure inaccessibility, SOTD constantly respawning to full health, I might agree with you. Ship progression is TOO linear. Once you build a schooner, you can lose it at any time to other players or glitchy shit that remains unfixed, like SOTD right at grid borders ready to blow you out of the water with zero chance. You forced a barely-functioning bottleneck on the players. We're forced with "Sloop Wars" because scrounging up 5,000 gold for a ship that can be lost at any time is just plain stupid, let alone 25,000 and 50,000 for the bigger ones. We don't want to waste more than half our time facing bugs and glitches that still remain. It's demoralizing.
Then un-nerf boss XP and lower the cost of gold for ships because your market system is barely functional then, please. All you've done is nerf methods of XP beyond level 80 and done so terribly. At least you nerfed barrels, which you claimed were part of some "future plan" that never seemed to happen.
Here's some questions you should really be answering:
1. When is the next planned wipe? Nami suggested it was before the end of the year. Players need to know even if it's just approximate.
2. You said at the start of the new team introduction that you were looking into some sort of roll over of player information after wipes, so we don't have to constantly start over from nothing. Now is a good time as any to implement, especially since it went from hours of building a galleon to days or weeks. I'm not coming back every season to dive 200+ sunken treasures. It's not "fun". It's a job. Anyway, the question: Will players ever get to save anything from a wipe or was the teaser just vapid hype?
3. Small group finally manages to chunk up 50,000 gold for a galleon:
- At "release ship" moment, it suddenly Tourette's at the ocean floor, planks exploding and sinks without a chance.
- Zones into crashed grid, left for hours like in this past weekend. Finally comes back up many hours later, gets sunk because everyone frustrated left the game for the rest of day (if not quit). Unless they no-life it, again, no chance.
- Zones INTO a ship of the damned fleet or directly INTO one. No chance, again.
- Stupid tiny wind arrow that shouldn't exist. Can't escape SOTD. They zone across grids faster than players. Deathtrap. No chance.
- I could list more but why bother.
As I pointed out, we were forced with this gold cost with a partially-functioning market system and long-bugged gold earning stuff (while others were nerfed). You don't restore or compensate for lost ships. This would be fine without the gold cost because we just grind resources to make another, but now? It's bullshit. It's kicking a guy while he's down, and YOU pushed him. Support tickets immediately solved as well. Service is crap but you laud this new system. I challenge you to play your own game and join the struggle and pain of the "fun" you've created. Question being: Why do we have to grind so hard for making gold now when our ships aren't safe from unfixed glitches? A player barrels my ship is one thing, but losing it to poor game design is another.
4. How does trading resources result in gold? It doesn't make any sense. How are ships (virtual for now) going to launch from warehouses and markets deep inland on huge islands? What is the market system SUPPOSED to be like? Man, I'm finally making several hundred gold a day, but everyone in my company already quit. It was too late, too much suffering and confusion.
5. Why are you pushing content so broken and untested? Games don't normally become worse after wipes. Why not fix the long-standing issues instead? Where's the roadmap? The previous team estimated two years, and just short of that, they abandoned it to you, the current team. We're left in the dark.
6. As a follow-up from 5, why is communication so... dead? Only these infrequent Q&A posts with selected questions, or talking to Nami (tophat skin when?). We're left to fend for ourselves completely on weekends. Can't even trust mods/Globy/Antihax to restart grids or what? Really instills the opposite of confidence here.