Sign in to follow this  
oni

Golden Age ruins servers are still lacking SotD ships

Even after the recent changes, its silly how devoid these servers are of SotD spawns.

I just drove around 2h once again  to find jackshit on an empty server. No other players, but no PvE content either.

Why should I bother again ?

What regions are you sailing in?

i just went through 3 of them and the sotd ships were out of control and high level.

it always happens when I am sailing my galleon also 😩

We killed about 15 SoTD in C5 last night. 57 Galleon and multiple red Brigs. We didn't have to sail around much to find them either.  

Edited to add that I'm not saying there isn't a spawn issue. They've been making adjustments to the SoTD spawns so not exactly sure how it works. Lately it seems like I either see a ton or I don't see any. 

Edited by Sydhart
Clarification

1 hour ago, Sydhart said:

We killed about 15 SoTD in C5 last night. 57 Galleon and multiple red Brigs. We didn't have to sail around much to find them either. 

The "i couldn't see any problem, so there can't be any".

Classic forum post.

I have enough money, so there isn't any poverty in the world.

Case closed.

I noticed that even when im the only player in golden age grids for hours i find fresh loot crates from sotds. What is killing em? Are they exploding after a certain amount of time?

Yes it´s frustrating when ur taking your cannon balls out for a walk, cruising for hours and all what u get is crap loot and some schoners.

I´m doing this on a daily routine, sometimes u just have no luck but sometimes u blast so many sotds that u run out of 1.2k cannonballs in 1h.

But i totally agree that we need more high lvl sotds espec galleons in golden age grids.

57 minutes ago, user1 said:

The "i couldn't see any problem, so there can't be any".

Classic forum post.

I have enough money, so there isn't any poverty in the world.

Case closed.

The "I don't actually read anything or know who people are but I still need to add my opinion and put others down because I'm insecure and have nothing constructive to say". 

Classic forum troll.

Also, why you got to hate on me like that bro? I grew up impoverished but worked hard and made my own success. It doesn't mean I don't care about others in poverty or think they should just work it out themselves like I had to. I carry cash along with me everywhere I go and buy food for homeless people when I have to go pick something up downtown for lunch. Some of them even know me by name. 

Edited by Sydhart

I think it may also depend on the number of people within a given server. C5 is usually very busy as it's close to a lot of larger companies and the artifact guardian is a Hydra which is a far easier fight than Drake so it gets killed a lot. 

I think the SoTD's are killed more often and may spawn more groups if only 1 or 2 ships are downed. I'm not exactly sure how that system works but could use some tweaking. Especially in the spawn locations. Sucks to just be traveling through the area and a group of high level SoTD spawn right in front of you or on top of you.

20 minutes ago, Sydhart said:

The "I don't actually read anything or know who people are but I still need to add my opinion and put others down because I'm insecure and have nothing constructive to say". 

Classic forum troll.

Also, why you got to hate on me like that bro? I grew up impoverished but worked hard and made my own success. It doesn't mean I don't care about others in poverty or think they should just work it out themselves like I had to. I carry cash along with me everywhere I go and buy food for homeless people when I have to go pick something up downtown for lunch. Some of them even know me by name. 

i just pointed out that when someone talks about having legit issues with the game, saying "i don't see your problem, mate. i'm having a blast" doesn't go far to adress the issue.

i think we're all aware that they quadrupled sotd spawn rate recently, but there is still not nearly enough of them, especially in highly frequented grids, as you already pointed out.

If I'm heading for the fountain of youth in a bare bones sloop,dressed in my underwear,I personally would rather not encounter any sotd ,Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, user1 said:

i just pointed out that when someone talks about having legit issues with the game, saying "i don't see your problem, mate. i'm having a blast" doesn't go far to adress the issue.

i think we're all aware that they quadrupled sotd spawn rate recently, but there is still not nearly enough of them, especially in highly frequented grids, as you already pointed out.

You sir are still trolling. I never posted that I didn't see his problem, I merely posted my experience from last night which was different than the OP. 

In C6 last night, our company had 2 ships fighting and there were multiple other ships that weren't part of our company fighting SoTD. There were a lot to choose from and even as we battled one group we would encounter and aggro another group.  Our 2 ships and another ship all unloaded on the 58 Galleon. It was a lot of fun and hopefully at least C6 is working as intended this should be the experience we all encounter. 

More testing is obviously needed though as OP did NOT experience the same thing. It would be good to know which server he was in and people can go test. Our company would be glad to go down and scout and test (and hopefully have a Dev tag along). They've had issues with Golden Age ruins not all acting the same so could be that particular server needs a kick in the ass. 

On 6/12/2019 at 7:31 AM, MesCaLiN said:

I noticed that even when im the only player in golden age grids for hours i find fresh loot crates from sotds. What is killing em? Are they exploding after a certain amount of time?

When hunting in my Galleon, I will frequently ignore loot crates from ships under level 10. Completely not worth the three minutes it takes me to turn that fatty around for 8 gold, 15 blackberries, and a common dingy hanger blueprint. I have no idea how long they last once I leave the area. Perhaps out of render range they stop counting down?

21 hours ago, Sleepinator2000 said:

When hunting in my Galleon, I will frequently ignore loot crates from ships under level 10. Completely not worth the three minutes it takes me to turn that fatty around for 8 gold, 15 blackberries, and a common dingy hanger blueprint. I have no idea how long they last once I leave the area. Perhaps out of render range they stop counting down?

Also the fact that sometimes you have to keep moving when you aggro a large pack of SoTD and due to wind and trying to avoid aggroing other SoTD's, lose sight of the loot crates. I take out the lower level ships first and may move far enough away I don't even bother going back and looking for them.