shiversan

official [OFFICIAL] 7.0 Update Feedbacks

Skills that currently cost 8 should cost 4, those that cost 4 should cost 2 and those that cost 2 should cost 1. If you want to slow down progression make it take more xp to level up (though I wish you’d embrace a more free and fun outlook with your games and not a grindy zerg fest). The Ships of the Damned need to be slower and reduced in quantity dramatically. They should also not attack anything smaller than a brigantine. Just my suggestions. 

We just 3 ships attack our base destroy everything except one boat.. so we took that boat and had 2 green damned ships and a orange/red one attack us all at once 😞 and resources are still not spawning anywhere except noob islands on the pve server... game is literally unplayable at the moment.  dont mind the skill points forces us to focus on one thing instead of before we we all doing everything,

Edited by PoopDeck

I'm glad the game wants to encourage specialization of points, however, I do feel that certain things are far too steep in cost.

Certain things with, like the powerful abilities, sure. Do it. Things like the basic smithy and metal tools and your core fundamentals should not cost 8 points. I don't believe everything should be 1 point, but I also believe you overshot the mark with how steep the prices are for abilities. I was anticipating a slight cost in abilities so they would be 2-3 points or something per. I'm not angry or anything, but I do feel that it's a little too restrictive right now. At level 40 there's very little I can do if I want to specialize deep into one thing. Can't pick up even some of the basic things in other trees. 

Encourage specializations, but don't make it feel miserable. It's a game after all.

image.thumb.png.93f4d7e4f5bc38ebc55fa2f88faa2938.png

Not sure which patch problem this should be but I think there's something wrong with the better quality blueprints because I have everything to craft them but can't craft.

The current skill system is laid out somewhat poorly.  The practical and crafting skills are intermixed, and there is a large amount of 'skill taxation' where off-point and secondary garbage skills are required to get the primary and valuable skills.

The costs of skills are also prohibitive in that players who try to maintain viability to produce items on part with need for level, can't also have practical skills such as combat and gathering.

An example of practical skills being skill taxed by craft skills is in taming, melee weapons and armor where to learn to use these types of armors you have to learn to craft them, which is nonsensical.  To learn to ride horses you have to learn to breed animals which is equally nonsensical.  To learn to pilot ships, you have to be able to build them.  The sole exeption of course is melee weapons which is unlocked in the middle of unarmed combat - which in my opinion is equally senseless.

The entirety of the skill tree system is pretty much completely fucked and needs to be redone from the ground up without skill taxes, mixed crafting and practical use and costs that don't lead the player to late game gaps of several levels saving skill points to get the next skill.

Edited by Nox

Specialization is just another way of saying you are restricted from playing a part of the game.  While it is fine to do this slightly, but not anywhere near to this point.  I WILL not play this game on an official server when I am restricted like this.  If it costs too much for a private server where we can boost the heck out of these things, then I will just move on to another game.

The changes to the skill tree just screwed my fiance and I up in this game completely. How are small companies supposed to be able to get anywhere if we cannot afford the skill points to get anywhere? We spent 20+ hours building a brig only to loose it to the ghost ships, then when we get in, we have nothing. We gotta now respec to try and get a bunch of things back only to find out that we cannot even remotely get to where we were before. My fiance cannot learn to make the brig again because it is too expensive.

1 minute ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Specialization is just another way of saying you are restricted from playing a part of the game.  While it is fine to do this slightly, but not anywhere near to this point.  I WILL not play this game on an official server when I am restricted like this.  If it costs too much for a private server where we can boost the heck out of these things, then I will just move on to another game.

I agree with this. At least in Ark you didn't have to worry as much about this, but this game just completely screwed us over that are in small companies and don't have a crap ton of other players.

For me, the animals still seem very out of whack. The level disparity doesn't seem to matter. 

Also, I am still running into alphas 😞

Just now, Grimmreaperme said:

The changes to the skill tree just screwed my fiance and I up in this game completely. How are small companies supposed to be able to get anywhere if we cannot afford the skill points to get anywhere? We spent 20+ hours building a brig only to loose it to the ghost ships, then when we get in, we have nothing. We gotta now respec to try and get a bunch of things back only to find out that we cannot even remotely get to where we were before. My fiance cannot learn to make the brig again because it is too expensive.

Same here.  We had a more or less effective two person team where she was gathering, combat, taming and I was engineering, crafting and shared gathering skills.

We logged in today to find we were both at -30 skill points.    Ok so between the two of us we can do what?  What things will we no longer be able to do with two people?

3 minutes ago, Nox said:

Same here.  We had a more or less effective two person team where she was gathering, combat, taming and I was engineering, crafting and shared gathering skills.

We logged in today to find we were both at -30 skill points.    Ok so between the two of us we can do what?  What things will we no longer be able to do with two people?

Not trying to argue, but, what makes you guys assume you should be able to do "anything and everything" with 2 people? Isn't a multiplayer game good when there are dependencies on other players?

To me a Company XP system would work great. Some of the skills could be assigned as Company skill. Company Progression would unlock higher tier abilities. This way a small mom & pop 1 truck operation and the big Alpha Companies both get to achieve the same thing, albeit at a different rate

im just saying what i have seen, so far, still no trees ore nodes ore anything like that apearing, and i can understand that if there are people near by its timed out but whats the range. because well the whole island doesnt grow ore it grows in the stonemountains what nobody can reach. the ghost boats, okay there lots of them and they wiped lots of boats out. but i dont mind because now some people have a chance to build something because you changed the map so much that are hardly any places to built. so now the problem is for me, no recourses to rebuild the ships and places to built are taken. and the bug that you get time out each time min doesnt help. so work on that.but good news though so far i see they ghost leave most of the time raft alone, o and was it the intention that if youre higher level that you cant make tools in the home region if you died? check burke black twitch vids if you wanna see more problems ore bikes stream he was longer on today and had lots of bugs

8 minutes ago, Lethality said:

Not trying to argue, but, what makes you guys assume you should be able to do "anything and everything" with 2 people? Isn't a multiplayer game good when there are dependencies on other players?

Because we can in ARK, and every other game that doesn't eat the corn out of shit, to put it bluntly.  If I want to play with my wife, having game mechanics that prevent that is straight up shit.

The game being viable for small groups takes nothing away from the zergs, it only takes something away from people who aren't zerg players.

Edited by Nox

3 hours ago, Rando said:

Is this person retarded or just ignorant of the whole ships of the damned being in free ports/attacking docked ships.

Classic dev.  "We tested this!" 

Mind you - these are the same devs that leave regions down for 10 hours locking players out for the whole day causing them to lose all their stuff as well.

3 hours ago, Rando said:

Is this person retarded or just ignorant of the whole ships of the damned being in free ports/attacking docked ships.

Classic dev.  "We tested this!" 

Mind you - these are the same devs that leave regions down for 10 hours locking players out for the whole day causing them to lose all their stuff as well.

1. Skill point change is obscene on so many levels. It bottlenecks everyone into only 1 tree. maybe 2 if they are max level. With a LOT of key skills spread across many trees (like the ability to wear decent armor?!) this is just unacceptable.0

2. Creature spawn density is way too high in a lot of places. Going to F7 was a complete shitshow. There's anywhere from 3-8 crocs just roaming the shore and waters near it. if you finally make it to shore you are greeted by a pack of wolves or the occasional lion which cant be outrun. Even if you kill of the wolves ones at a time, so help you God you better hope your health isnt low because the vultures will be sure to finish you off. If you manage to fight them off congrats because the crocs are respawning again (or you just aggroed more while you were running around trying to fend of the other threats)... oh and this is all on the first island you land on after leaving a freeport

If they rollback 7.0 I think they can save this sinking ship that people are jumping off from. ( No pun intended )

It's a shame it's ended up like this.

8 minutes ago, Nox said:

Because we can in ARK, and every other game that doesn't eat the corn out of shit, to put it bluntly.  If I want to play with my wife, having game mechanics that prevent that is straight up shit.

The game being viable for small groups takes nothing away from the zergs, it only takes something away from people who aren't zerg players.

This is a very different game than ark... when you've got whatever 40,000 players, but also a persistent world between them all... it's not the same kind of game.

And therefore, the game design philosophies have to be very different. In order to make large companies work with lots of specializations, they can't also make lots of specializations available to solo players. 

There has to be a choice made, for the integrity of the design... and solo players I don[t think are going to win this one. They can't, unless they're re-tooling the whole game.

Or perhaps that's why they also allow private servers? Can't you set up your preferred rules that way, and ignore public servers?

Edited by Lethality

7 minutes ago, Lethality said:

This is a very different game than ark... when you've got whatever 40,000 players, but also a persistent world between them all... it's not the same game.

And therefore, the game design philosophies have to be very different. In order to make large companies work with lots of specializations, they can't also make lots of specializations available to solo players. 

There has to be a choice made, for the integrity of the design... and solo players I don[t think are going to win this one. They can't, unless they're re-tooling the whole game.

Or perhaps that's why they also allow private servers? Can't you set up your preferred rules that way, and ignore public servers?

That's quite possibly the stupidest reason I've ever seen regarding game design. You can solo play or duo play in literally every MMO ever created, including games like Rust, ARK, etc. Large companies already benefit from specialization, pre and post patch, changing the requirements for skills barely effects them. There doesn't need to be a choice made, the game should be playable solo and should get progressively easier the more people band together, like literally every other survival game in the history of survival games.

Private servers cost money, forcing players to purchase a server to make it playable is actually stupid. I'm fairly certain people would rather refund at that point than do that.

Edited by Grodgen

I'm happy my post is doing well 😁

Players keep giving feedback, and write them as much meaningful as possible, with screen vids ect

I'm personaly refreshing all the twitter linked to atlas every 15 seconds, stay tuned i will report here any news

EDIT : 9 hours of sleeping since last jat tweet, hopefully we may have news soon

Edited by shiversan

you dont destroy in 5 min what what  for example me with 7 friends farm for 1 week ( a sheepyard with a galleon 50% buid) like idiots , we just deleted the game . FU !

you dont destroy in 5 min what what  for example me with 7 friends farm for 1 week ( a sheepyard with a galleon 50% buid) like idiots , we just deleted the game . FU !

3 hours ago, SoloHan88 said:

DebbySaurus ≽ܫ≼Today at 12:13 PM

what exactyl is broken about the ship of the damned? Saying theyre broken of OP doesn't really give us any information to work with. WE've fully balance tetsed them with multiple ships and setups to get them where we feel they belong in terms of balnce. I'm morethan willing to listen to feedback about it, but I'm going to need more information than just "it's broken, fix it"

This might honestly be the most hilarious part of the thread. Where Wildcard, against four years of impeccable record of not testing or even playing their own games, tries to actually imply that they playtested the Ships of the Damned mechanic and thought it was fine. 

I mean, I don't necessarily disagree, the quality of feedback has been poor, but at the same time, Wildcard has never tested anything in any of their games ever and trying to imply that they have is laughable to a disgusting degree. 

Just now, Ellentro said:

This might honestly be the most hilarious part of the thread. Where Wildcard, against four years of impeccable record of not testing or even playing their own games, tries to actually imply that they playtested the Ships of the Damned mechanic and thought it was fine. 

I mean, I don't necessarily disagree, the quality of feedback has been poor, but at the same time, Wildcard has never tested anything in any of their games ever and trying to imply that they have is laughable to a disgusting degree. 

I think they only tested how they fight other ships, not them existing in the game world. Which doesn't make much sense either because they face rape sloops into non-existence.

12 minutes ago, Lethality said:

This is a very different game than ark... when you've got whatever 40,000 players, but also a persistent world between them all... it's not the same kind of game.

retool the game for solo players? Or here's an idea, undo the stupid patch to the way it was....then add stuff to make company balance better. After seeing the patch notes.  saw originally intended....basically another dark and light thought process. We see how that turned out....  

You watch the game fall, it's specifically because of this skill rework. You  will see... if they don't undo it quick, the game is doomed. It's already gonna have a hard time recovering from launch problems. This will be the nail in the coffin.

*vitamin system:   limit it to meats and veggies,  4 types and sudden death is too much, instead two types and a debuff when u are low on one of the two.

*claim system:   1 per person, and reduce the claim area, island are too small for the size.  Ark u were able to build anywhere, even if u was solo player, here no way. 

*point skill:  already addressed here, way too much point per skills now.

*Animals balance: balance the speed of the animals, they are too fast, and in some places the respawn is way to high.