shiversan

official [OFFICIAL] 7.0 Update Feedbacks

7 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

And here is a perfect example of why the playerbase's knee jerk reaction is the wrong reaction!  Here we have adapt and overcome, players learning and reacting to a challenge, the Ghost Ships were a great addition and I do not support a roll back nor do I support them being nerfed they are fine the way they are the player base just needs to "SUCK IT UP" Deal and git gud....

You're quite braindead, Nobody knew this was going to happen HENCE why they are fixing it this patch you cant expect people to sit by the docks all day waiting for the AI attack when it was never announced it was going to do so, stop making excuses for terrible Devs and 0 proper testing.

8 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

And here is a perfect example of why the playerbase's knee jerk reaction is the wrong reaction!  Here we have adapt and overcome, players learning and reacting to a challenge, the Ghost Ships were a great addition and I do not support a roll back nor do I support them being nerfed they are fine the way they are the player base just needs to "SUCK IT UP" Deal and git gud....

Ah yes.  The classic "Get good" response to a problem because someone found a way to cheese the system a little bit. Nevermind the fact that you go out between islands and there's 14 ghost ships spawning on top of each other, and half of them have more HP and do more damage then a 16 can galleon while being faster then a schooner with speed sails. 

9 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

I mean, they 100% need to be changed. At the very minimum so they dont aggro on to docks and anchored ships. But my tribe also isnt going to just accept our ships are done. Tonight is a night of protect the ships until patch.

3 minutes ago, DeadlyHit said:

You're quite braindead, Nobody knew this was going to happen HENCE why they are fixing it this patch you cant expect people to sit by the docks all day waiting for the AI attack when it was never announced it was going to do so, stop making excuses for terrible Devs and 0 proper testing.

Nobody knew about ghost ships... There were all over the pre streams and they killed the streamers quite clearly in those streams...  However the streamers did manage to sink a few because well they had a crew and a large number of people properly together on a boat...  did you think ghost ships would just magically never be added back into the game did you forget about there existence?!?

Anyway I am getting off track....  You put your shipyard out in a vulnerable position and your ships got minced, uhm why did you  think the ghost ships would not kill em? better yet why did you not think other players would kill them!  If the ghost ship could do It I am quite sure a player could have done the same thing.  It could have just as easily had been those duped Chinese galleons that sank your stuff instead...

2 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

Nobody knew about ghost ships... There were all over the pre streams and they killed the streamers quite clearly in those streams...  However the streamers did manage to sink a few because well they had a crew and a large number of people properly together on a boat...  did you think ghost ships would just magically never be added back into the game did you forget about there existence?!?

Anyway I am getting off track....  You put your shipyard out in a vulnerable position and your ships got minced, uhm why did you  think the ghost ships would not kill em? better yet why did you not think other players would kill them!  If the ghost ship could do It I am quite sure a player could have done the same thing.  It could have just as easily had been those duped Chinese galleons that sank your stuff instead...

Jesus christ, these ships literally invaded lawless areas and safe zones and destroyed everything that wasn't a raft as people slept, not a group of players fucking AI that as the patch notes now show was NOT meant to do that, if these people where out at sea and this happened they would probably not be bothered, but as you are missing the point I'll just give up on that.

2 hours ago, Lethality said:

This is a very different game than ark... when you've got whatever 40,000 players, but also a persistent world between them all... it's not the same kind of game.

And therefore, the game design philosophies have to be very different. In order to make large companies work with lots of specializations, they can't also make lots of specializations available to solo players. 

There has to be a choice made, for the integrity of the design... and solo players I don[t think are going to win this one. They can't, unless they're re-tooling the whole game.

Or perhaps that's why they also allow private servers? Can't you set up your preferred rules that way, and ignore public servers?

Yes, it is very different.  Everyone is going to underestimate how attached people will be to their larger ships.  Plus, they take a huge amount of time to create.  So let's take a peek into the future.  A Tribe of 8 guys struggle to build a good ship over about a week, to 2 weeks.  Let's assume that they were not subjected to lot's of PvP as they try to gather mats, and nobody went onto the ship while they are offline, and destroyed the half built ship.  So they get the ship built, get cannons built, and armor and personal weapons.  Then they go out to see and get sunk first day.  So they do this again.  And 2 says later, it sinks.  So they build a third, and this time it deteriorates on them because they parked it at a Freeport overnight, but nobody was able to log on the next day, so the ship is gone when they try to log on.  So they build one more, and try to lay a claim so that the ship doesn't deteriorate, but now they get the zergs coming after them, so they say, "F this" and go find a new game.  Welcome to why ARK lost so many player numbers, and this will be worse.  People want to get out there and sail on their ship.  Explore new places, etc...  Not spend 90% of their time building ships.

Private servers?  Yeah...NO.  Not if the rumors are true.  Each grid is a server, or so we are told.  Rumor has it that when you rent a server, it is one of those grids.  Want more of the map, you must rent another server.

To me, it is looking like this was a good idea, but not going to be fun.  That's sad because what it does well, it does awesomely.  The scenery and ambiance is great.  Animal animations could be better...looking at you lion.  Some specialty building pieces would be great to make the ships look better when you use the standard building parts to fit it out.  But overall, it's pretty good.   The skill tree is atrocious.  When I fully level, I need to have about 90% of all skills unlocked.  The 10% left over is what differentiates you from the others.  I do not want to be locked out of much of the game, and that's what restrictive skill trees do.  I do not enjoy being locked out of a lot of the game.  And small Companies need the ability to get the whole skill tree.

i believe in the adapt and overcome, but when you lose a brigantine and try to get back to it, half a dozen undead ships spawn into the area.. thats ridiculous.

Honestly calling this mess of a tangle a 'skill tree' is sort of an insult to trees everywhere.   It's more like a "skill maze", "skill knot" or perhaps "skill hurricane at a yarn factory".

Rather than a made tangle of point sinks, it should be linear progressions with bonuses available as branches-  like every good game has.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nox said:

It's more like a "skill maze", "skill knot" or perhaps "skill hurricane at a yarn factory".

Legit what was going threw my head I've never seen such a messy unorganised skill tree before in a game

how about you limit claim flags to one per member of the company and do a server wipe devs? this 5 man tribe claimed an entire island.

well the new patch deployed, no resource respawn but got waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy too many animals respawning. kill one lion, 3 more spawn in, fighting 3 lions 3 snakes show up out of nowhere, killed lions after several deaths and turned attention to snakes.. 3 wolves spawn in and attack my house where no one is even at.. 15 deaths later house safe but damaged and unrepairable because all resources gone from claim area to build the brigantine that your undead pirate patch destroyed while crew was offline. im right on the edge of putting this game on a shelf for a couple of years, and i dont want too. but cmon, you have all that experience from ark and youre still screwing the pooch here? hell, you shoulda known to limit claim flags so a tribe of 3 or 5 could claim a whole freaking island. waves of people that couldnt get in the first few nights are now travelling outward and deluging other sectors with cries of "any land here to settle"? and why didnt you cap the tribe limit? tribes of 50 descend on an island that isnt theirs and strip it like locusts leaving nothing for the owners to use to build? what the heck are you thinking? cmon, get your shit together here, this game is absolutely amazing but youre biting yourself in your own arse with how youre allowing this stuff to continue.

and thanks to your damn patches with the undead and your lack of respawning resources, weve lost 5, countem FIVE, ships and have no resources to rebuild. we thought.. hey, lets just drop our claim here and go find another place with our trusty raft.. but guess what.. with your unlimited flag claiming.. THERE IS NO WHERE ELSE. so we wait, we get repeatedly mauled by wildlife, and hope our lack of resources making us unable to repair the house doesnt cost us what little land we were able to claim.

the damned is just a good thing to hold on the playerbase balance between people can't login/people always loged on and chinese . the damned should only aggro on players from china haha everything in some servers are hyroglyphes from chinese&russians

it's early acces and when an early acces is fully wiped/claimend why should anyone else buy this game in future?

do you know what i mean? 😄

Edited by crowngamingx

5 minutes ago, crowngamingx said:

the damned is just a good thing to hold on the playerbase balance between people can't login/people always loged on and chinese . the damned should only aggro on players from china haha everything in some servers are hyroglyphes from chinese&russians

it's early acces and when an early acces is fully wiped/claimend why should anyone else buy this game in future?

do you know what i mean? 😄

No? How long do you think EA will last? 1 month? 

Damned ship should spawn in a specific region, like powerstone island or dungeon region. 

It's really hard to solo travel.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mancomb Seepgood said:

I prefer the update, still needs tweaking along with a host of other things but it's a step in the right direction.

think you misunderstood, im not saying stop the update, but 15 ghost ships per sector is crap and the range of aggression is to large on everything.. particularly the animals. ghost ships should be a rare thing, shouldnt be a common occurence.

• Like 1

Today i logged in and spawned in a freeport, instead at our little base with a shipyard, raft and nearly done sloop.

After checking the log i saw that everything was destroyed in just a few minutes with no explanation who did it.

I´m guessing the F*CKING GHOST SHIPS destroyed everything, what a wonderful patch.

After sailing around for two IRL days till we found a tiny little sandbank in B12 we could claim, then we spend another two IRL days

to build a small House and a Shipyard and Sloop and then everything gets f*cked by your retard patch in minutes?

Really great guys!

• Sad 1

So just a suggestion make player houses sharded like ESO so people can have a house and place to build a ship this way islands will be open to explore and pvp will be fought on the water where it should be in a pirate game even if they limit claim flags all the islands will be full with houses and not much to explore i dont find digging up treasure next to a house being a pirate  

in 2 days of game and a crew of 2 peoples we loosing 1 Shooner and 2 Sloop by the retarded ghost ships ... ATM explore the ocean is just impossible and we are stuck on freeport/ lawless zone because leave this zone = 100% dead (or whit a raft... I play a pirate game not play the shity game ''raft'') now I'm solo beacause my friend is smart and stop the game, and if you dont change this fucking spawn of damned ship is my turn soon (and more I think) 

a damned ship must be rare and not more numerous than men... 

• Like 2

On 12/27/2018 at 8:20 PM, Ducki said:

image.thumb.png.93f4d7e4f5bc38ebc55fa2f88faa2938.png

Not sure which patch problem this should be but I think there's something wrong with the better quality blueprints because I have everything to craft them but can't craft.

You only have 2 of the 4 different types of materials, go get 2 more different Fibers and wood, and 3 more different types of metal and your good. Each blueprint does this and each require an extra multiplier for mats. i.e. the green require x2, blue x3, and purple x4. I think I got that right regarding the color...