shiversan

official [OFFICIAL] 7.0 Update Feedbacks

1 minute ago, antartis said:

*vitamin system:   limit it to meats and veggies,  4 types and sudden death is too much, instead two types and a debuff when u are low on one of the two.

*claim system:   1 per person, and reduce the claim area, island are too small for the size.  Ark u were able to build anywhere, even if u was solo player, here no way. 

*point skill:  already addressed here, way too much point per skills now.

*Animals balance: balance the speed of the animals, they are too fast, and in some places the respawn is way to high.

the problem with the life system (water vitamin ect) is that the choice of death is being a usefull mechanic to restart heals stats, and it should'nt be like that

4 minutes ago, Grodgen said:

I think they only tested how they fight other ships, not them existing in the game world. Which doesn't make much sense either because they face rape sloops into non-existence.

Wildcard has never tested or played their games before. There is absolutely no reason to assume that they started now.

2 minutes ago, Ellentro said:

Wildcard has never tested or played their games before. There is absolutely no reason to assume that they started now.

Yeah, esp with these ghost ships getting so close to islands....they should not be able to get in so close to them because we cannot do anything with them that close.

a server restart system would be nice....
or a system.. that you cant (by accident) restart on a freeport server... which are crowded.. or down
A lot of ppl are waiting for several Server rests (Freeports) to get back in the game.. iam waiting for ~7 Hours and the servers E12 Freeport on EU PVE is still down

so again.. a server restart system would be great

Not sure if this is specific to Patch 7, bought the game today and jumped in to a Freeport area on EU PvE server.

The performance was dire to say the least, there were 120+ players in the zone but the game was constantly freezing up, especially when turning, it was impossible to fight anything the animals would warp all over the place including right in front of you so you couldn't even run away. It felt like FPS drops but after jumping on a Unofficial server, which was smooth as butter with no lag issues at all, I can only surmise the official server and subsequent amount of players was the issue.

I hope the performance/stability issue is better, I actually had a refund request pending on steam but have cancelled that to see how this new patch works out. Fingers crossed!

Need a roolback bevore the patch, with the ghost ship spawn the game is unplayable!!!! Also the skill point system, the claim system and the spawns sucks. Bevore the patch the game make realy funn but now not anymore. 

your updates and patches have now cost me BOTH my ships.  while offline your undead ship patch sunk our brigantine we spent all week building, resources arent respawning in our territory in d11, we had a sloop left anchored safely in harbor, boarded it with the intent to return to the site of our sunken brigantine to try and salvage the wreck, on the way there server went down without warning, we came back on, your game spawned the crew in the water a 100 yards away from our ship in time to see a red undead ship spawn in and sink the ship IN E11 starter zone. i dont know what youre doing but youve cost us a weeks worth of work to faulty patch, we cant rebuild due to the lack of resource respawn, and now the entire group is talking about quitting the game. you need to roll back the patches and return the ships and fix the problem. this is ridiculous and its starting to look like youre deserving of the negative ratings. and thats really too bad because this game has amazing potential.

9 minutes ago, MaulerTGD said:

your updates and patches have now cost me BOTH my ships.  while offline your undead ship patch sunk our brigantine we spent all week building, resources arent respawning in our territory in d11, we had a sloop left anchored safely in harbor, boarded it with the intent to return to the site of our sunken brigantine to try and salvage the wreck, on the way there server went down without warning, we came back on, your game spawned the crew in the water a 100 yards away from our ship in time to see a red undead ship spawn in and sink the ship IN E11 starter zone. i dont know what youre doing but youve cost us a weeks worth of work to faulty patch, we cant rebuild due to the lack of resource respawn, and now the entire group is talking about quitting the game. you need to roll back the patches and return the ships and fix the problem. this is ridiculous and its starting to look like youre deserving of the negative ratings. and thats really too bad because this game has amazing potential.

in b4 white knights defend the game with some post about how you suck.

Yeah man I am fighting right now to keep my friends interested.  They've lost more shit in the past day and a half than any other game we've ever played and the devs sound completely retarded and out of touch about it.

And i3 on us PVP is down AGAIN and the devs seem totally unaware - this is starting to look like incompetence.

+1 to the "revert the skill point" change. If you have to be THAT hyper focused on a specific thing, it kind of kills any interest in the game. As it was, under the old skill point system, given the HUGE amount of skills, I felt like I was making trade offs....now, forget about it....

If they insist on keeping current skill system atleast give way to gain skill points after level cap...

2 hours ago, Lethality said:

Not trying to argue, but, what makes you guys assume you should be able to do "anything and everything" with 2 people? Isn't a multiplayer game good when there are dependencies on other players?

NO!

Animals must be balanced. These are ruining the game. Too many alphas, far to high of an agro range, and way way to high spawn rate.

Additionally, skills needed to cost more but this was way too excessive a change. I mean advanced tools that expensive, again ridiculous. Tone those down by 50% for some and a point for another. 

I've been unable to join NA PVP official after the 7.0 update? And i've done all the trouble shooting I can think of

Amazing to see the Devs have completely ignored that everyone has lost there progress due to the AI slaughtering everything as they slept completely unprofessional, And some cunt will come say its "Early Access" like that isn't an excuse to treat the consumer like shit, wish I could refund at this point I've been playing since the game launched non stop and this is now what happens with sign of retribution.

Okay taking a break our server grid got timeout like three time in a row now with rollbacks... 

Edited by Loni

I'd also like to say that I feel the changes to the skill system are overly harsh. I don't mind not being able to unlock everything... but its a bit ridiculous right now. 

Its a common theme but not everyone wants to join a large company and be forced to associate with a bunch of random d-bags. I much prefer to play with 2-3 friends and do our own thing. Yet it seems every aspect of Atlas's design and changes like this are telling us to group up or get lost. I have no idea why the devs are so in love which trying to force everyone into large companies but that's just not going to fly for a lot of people. The same was true with public PVP in Ark, which was pretty much impossible without a decent sized tribe. However, at least solo players and tiny groups could play PVE in Ark without too much of an issue. You weren't forced to associate with people you didn't want to in order to enjoy the game. The same should be true in Atlas. 

Couple brief thoughts.

The vitamin change coming.. We'll see what happens with it. I guess that's all that can be said for now, because prior to the notice of this patch, they were a complete disaster. You'd starve faster than your vitamins would drop so if you weren't careful down to the single piece of meat, you would give yourself a surplus just to keep from starvation.

The new skill tree. I don't think anyone disagrees that it needed to be updated, every skill costing 1 point wouldn't sustain outside of testing. Got it. But I feel like this change went overboard. I understand wanting individuals to specialize in a single skill tree to provide a unique existence among the tribe, but for anyone trying to play solo or in a small group, this change made the game damn near unplayable. It just needs some refinement, ease up a bit on either the skill cost, or give more skill points per level (a multiplicative curve possibly, so the early levels aren't broken either?). I think a fair starting point would be to give enough that at level 50, a player can specialize in 3-4 skill trees, instead of 1. It would give solo players and small tribes a more well-rounded crew, without breaking mega tribes - because honestly, 1 skill tree or 20, mega tribes will always have someone around capable of any tree. 3-4 would allow for players to pick 1 or 2 of the lesser sought-after trees without impacting their play as much. For example, one player could be your builder, and specialize in both home and ship construction, and still be able to pick up captaining and piracy - while another could be your tribe's blacksmith and work the tribes' metal into melee and ranged weapons, in addition to being an armorer.

The predators, ghost ships and resources you've already mentioned about changes coming tonight/tomorrow, so we'll see how those fare.

All in all, just my initial thoughts so far on some of the patches. Thanks for the read 🙂

One of our tribe's shipbuilders is sitting on our dock with a full inventory of guns in case a ghost ship gets close. Gonna suck if we lose our ships, but its entertaining watching him literally one man a ghost ship that gets too close.

Edited by Lorient

Just now, Lorient said:

One of our tribe's shipbuilders is sitting on our dock with a full inventory of guns in case a ghost ship gets close. Gonna duck if we lose our ships, but its entertaining watching him literally one man a ghost ship that gets too close.

And here is a perfect example of why the playerbase's knee jerk reaction is the wrong reaction!  Here we have adapt and overcome, players learning and reacting to a challenge, the Ghost Ships were a great addition and I do not support a roll back nor do I support them being nerfed they are fine the way they are the player base just needs to "SUCK IT UP" Deal and git gud....