shiversan

official [OFFICIAL] 7.0 Update Feedbacks

1 minute ago, SoloHan88 said:

I'd say no more than 2 max per grid, but spaced out from one another. I don't think they should come close to shore, unless its a quest island (if that is a thing).

Ye otherwise we’ll be seeing players letting ghost ships stalk them to enemy ships. 

maybe 1 per grid, they're far stronger than the sloops that most people will be able to play with or use for resource runs, so being able to avoid them is a neccessity. 

Are there any plans to wipe the server in addition to this respec change? 

We ask because there were several companies that because of lag/disconnects the first few days and deforestation/issues the second got left WAY behind and people that had all the tech built before the change are literally dominating like crazy I.E the zerg Asian guilds.

Now that stuff is stable, this would be appropriate to level the playing field and allow everyone that was devestated by the first few days of lag to catch.

Just a thought.

7 minutes ago, Proxas said:

Are there any plans to wipe the server in addition to this respec change? 

We ask because there were several companies that because of lag/disconnects the first few days and deforestation/issues the second got left WAY behind and people that had all the tech built before the change are literally dominating like crazy I.E the zerg Asian guilds.

Now that stuff is stable, this would be appropriate to level the playing field and allow everyone that was devestated by the first few days of lag to catch.

Just a thought.

If you look at it, it kind of is already. With so many of the Damned and Ghost ships taking pretty much every ship out. The forced respec with now higher requirements to unlock skills. Its had a negative impact on the mega companies to as now they have to plan out their roles. Who is captain, cook, tool crafter, etc. They still have the land, but at least they all aren't fully spec'd out in 2 or 3 skill trees. It would be nice to fully wipe but I'd rather them get all the server issues fixed first rather than wipe every new patch.

Edited by SoloHan88

These are what we wanted
- Better resources spawn rate
- Stable server
- Get rid of that tons of damed ship
- more points per level " 2 is not going to work " because there are a lot of small company out there even solo player .

I believe they can do it but for god's sake do it quick, please.  otherwise the players will quit. :S

Edited by MercyMoxxi
  • Like 1

Steam stats already show a drop in Atlas players within hours. js.

I know for a fact that the new skill system straight up doesn't work, we don't have enough people at any given time to get anything done now. Oh you're the guy who builds ships? well guess what that's all you can do, NOTHING else, oh and you can barely do that. Level 23 and I can barely make sloops wth

Reports of people that were deleted from their company by the game. Anyone has experienced this? 

Me and My friends spent days constructing a ship and then today the 7.0 patch arrived and ruined the whole process. We we're so close to finishing up the ship and Ghostships arrived back to back and destory the whole Shipyard and Sunk the boat. We managed to destory one ghostship but then another came and destoryed it. And the it started destroying all the Shipyards where the ships we're not even finished building we're destoryed.So confused what happened and sad to see where we spend days trying to play this lovely game only to see the devs ruining it within Seconds.Please Fix this and Help everyone that lost them. Coz building a ship isn't an easy task. And please reconsider the new skill tree progress. Hope you will make a quick fix. Thank you

Spend about 30 hours building a schooner solo, just to have a  Boat of the army of the damned randomly appear at shore and destroy it in mere seconds.

The skill point changes are just beyond stupid... Are you devs even playing the game yourself?

Anyways... the game is uninstalled and i most likely wont return for another year or 2... considering the patches are going the wrong way with making it playable.

I Wish you good luck with the game, hope my money is put to good use.

Our server crashed 3 times in a row, in half an hour and on the last one, 10 people were removed of the company, and nobody has admin or owner anymore! 

28 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Reports of people that were deleted from their company by the game. Anyone has experienced this? 

Yes it happened here

The point allotment in this game is a bit broken. I really feel that 1 point was wayyyy overpowered. But the jump from 1 to 8 or 12 points on a lot of things really kills it. Especially when you only have 78 points to allot, The game went from OP to so nerfed we cant even choose gun ports or make the brig.... I don't mind the rebalanced tree too much but like the points is excessive.

It would be ideal if we didnt have to spec into so many useless things in the tree, Like i don't care for the small sails but i have to spec into those to get medium etc. It should all branch off from the handling sail from there, Same with gun ports should spec off of the shipwright at these skill point prices. That way it maintains the same prices but your not dropping 40 points into things you dont need.

I'd love to offer feedback on this latest patch.. but seeing I haven't been able to connect at all since 11 am est time... Only wish I didn't have 50+ hrs into the game to get a refund at this point.

39 minutes ago, MercyMoxxi said:

These are what we wanted
- Stable server
- more points per level " 2 is not going to work " because there are a lot of small company out there even solo player .

I believe they can do it but for god's sake do it quick, please.  otherwise the players will quit. :S

If you allow me to add

An improved Spoiling system for food...at the actual state of the game it makes Farming totally useless, since Wheat for example spoils after just 5 minutes...Berries after 10min. 

Takes hours and hours to grow plants and its ruined after just 5 mins?? And for advanced food you even need more ingredients which makes it even more impossible

• Like 1

It is getting better day by day! The balance patches will come more and more as stability gets better and better!

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

I have heard of it, but wasn't sure if user error or game issue atm

U4/shotergame/crush/crush/crush

datalocated???? so dev why don't you reset?

At every soluition i'd tried nothings was helping.

yeah it doesn't worked played about 30 min and died because of snakes and crocodiles. here we are again with the crash and respawn into the ocean without a ping on the server

i think they blocked a couple of hundrets persons from their servers but we will see what the rights situation about this is. steam wouldn't refund the game because of playtime but most of the time was it waiting to get an acces on the start screen. 

and there is no ACCESS TO THE GAME and this closure will fuck them into their asses

specs1

intel-I7-8750h

gtx 1070

16gb ram

Specs2

intel-i9-7980 xe

rtx2080ti

128 gb ram

both of my computers doesn't get an acces to the in game 

and the specs about both are well to play everygame on earth (maybe crisis not or mindcraft)

Thats the reason i am thinking with the blocking peoples from servers

thinking #2 there is a cloud on the servers and the datas fucked up because of traveling into an dead server(offline)

remove/restart they won't do

devs did not do anything to restart because in their case it will bring nothing

allright it only will crush your hole game because it is not stable on the servers

just in case the dev should be doing a statement about and not play everytime the silence of the lambs

it is not worst to restart a server but the servers are only roleback a couple of times

ieveryone should see devs did do anything expect than collect money before christmas

no one should buy this early access until it is 100% estimated that it will be working

such a company like this  should not  supported from us

2 minutes ago, Goldfish The Builder said:

It is getting better day by day! The balance patches will come more and more as stability gets better and better!

I have heard of it, but wasn't sure if user error or game issue atm

Happened this afternoon after the server crashed 3 times in a row and roled back 20 min, 10 people were out of company and everyone had its admin and owner removed so we can't even transfer everything into a new company.

I would like to voice that the skills need to be reverted, its blocking players from enjoying the game, majority of the popular survival games have never had in game mechanics to block soloers and small groups. Hell, even in Ark a solo player could unlock majority of things, able to build all their basics and still get advanced skills, able to survive comfortably.

This style of skill system blocks people from being able to use a fun "build", cant even get a full skill tree maxed without effing your skills up.... yeah sure, I can build a gally, but I cant make basic metal tools cause I dont have enough points.

If you disagree, then please provide why you think the current system should stay, not just say get good and your not ment to know everything, you still cant learn everything from the old style, but at least you could enjoy the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MercyMoxxi said:

These are what we wanted
- Stable server

totally agree. Advanced tool 8 points (4 lvl ups) with a max cap of lvl 51? that must be a joke. as a Solo player. i dont want to play with others. i dont want the need for another player to Craft XY item for me

i want to achive that on my own. more points or no lvl cap. so you can learn everything. this limit is bullshit. there are a lot of people that play solo

btw, why is there a Water tornado every time it rains????

Edited by Sigmaris

I wanna Love this game, I really do. A lot of things to really like about it. That being said, I don't even care to play in its current state, and couldn't play in most of its previous states. I took a vacation day on Wednesday, didn't release, vacation for Friday, late release, burned up two days just waiting to play the game. That's on me. Was unable to connect at all until Tuesday. Could play for about 4.5 mins at a time before disconnects and 20 min wait times to reconnect. Finally on the 26th I got to play for about 7 hours minus a few disconnects. That im good with. But the Vitamin system needs reworked, at times I had to choose between over eating and Vitamin deficiency. They just don't seem to rise and fall at appropriate rates even with the skill buffs. (and yes I understand the concept of eating all 4 food groups)  It just takes way to much focus off the other many tasks in the game. Having played Ark for some time now, I like to be busy and love that aspect of the survival games. But this is too much. It would be nice for longer decay rate on food items when logged out. Twice yesterday I had to set on my raft and starve to death repeatedly till I made land fall because I would get disconnected and by the time I got back in all my grub decayed. None of this would have been a big issue except for the fact your retarded land claiming system was never really fleshed out. You seriously think on a map that can hold 40k people, that is nothing but small islands, that you can just let the players go unchecked claiming land and everyone would be happy. Thanks to my late start I have yet to find a place to claim. 6 hours at sea, playing the vitamin mini game until disconnect only to reconnect to gather all foodstuffs just to rinse and repeat. But at least I had the mini game to give me something to do while I took in the breathtaking views of the ocean. I have seen entire Islands claimed by one person. One dude is just running around making sure no one steals his land. Personally I think an Individual should only be able to claim one plot. And a Company Should get 1 additional slot. And then maybe more as the company builds in player base. And maybe having a company xp system would alleviate some of the skill issues. Have some of the higher tier stuff as company skills, maybe even the bigger boats. But my all around issue seems that you as a company don't care much for the casual gamer or family gamers. You seem like you still cater more to the big Alpha Tribes and forget about the other 30,000 of us that just want to enjoy casual play on a PVE server, meet new peeps and have an honest shot at endgame content even if it takes a little more time. And I am quite surprised that in this day in age, a game developing company who makes a multiplayer game doesn't forsee some of these issues. Do you ever stop and ask yourselves, how can we prevent douchebaggery, how can we minimize the common cumstains ability to use the game mechanics to grief other players. Just wonderin.  #GiveMeSomethingIWouldRecommend