shiversan

official [OFFICIAL] 7.0 Update Feedbacks

2 minutes ago, grim-thesoloist said:

My bud and I worked tirelessly for 2 straight days fighting for fibers on an overpopulated island (best island we could find after 6 hours of rafting around). 

Got hit by the ressource respawn bug so there was basically nothing on the island. After 20 hours EACH of hard grinding, we finally had our schooner up, with every single attachement on it build up, 6000 weight on 7250, we were SET. 

We enter C4 by accident (freeport), as soon as we zone in, we get DC'd. Can't log back in. Been trying for hours. 

Finally manage to get back in... I'll be honest, I was expecting it but in the back of my head, I was hoping... 

Schooner is gone, no more bed to spawn on. All these hours gone. We were about to START exploring and having fun. 

If you don't do a roll back and give people back their shit, they are going to quit on you. I know me and my bud are. 

We are a huge community on our teamspeak. All my friend realized I had bought and was playing atlas. They all came to me asking how it is, if it's worth buying etc. I've been saying yes. After today, if there is no resolution and we dont get our 40 hours of grinding back... I'll be tempted to tell my friends to stay away from it. 

I had the same trouble by interring L9, i know ur feeling ............

The game is now unplayable for people in groups of less than 10. I was giving you guys the benefit of the doubt, but please dont push this game this direction, it's killing all hope we had for it. Roll back this patch

• Like 1

For me and my friends this patch was extremly funny as we are still naked spearmen on a raft. Whole chinese clans have been sunk by the damned, the self declared server kings can start from scratch now... big fun when they were all crying a river !

• Haha 1

I know it sucks but its happening to everyone. Even the megas. That with the respec is like an unofficial wipe. Still not on an even playing field with those that were able to get out and claim land, but its closer.

3 minutes ago, Maffia said:

The game is now unplayable for people in groups of less than 10. I was giving you guys the benefit of the doubt, but please dont push this game this direction, it's killing all hope we had for it. Roll back this patch

The rollback seems necessary at least

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rando said:

Is this person retarded or just ignorant of the whole ships of the damned being in free ports/attacking docked ships.

For me it looks like they never ever played there own game. Or testet it in any way before launch the patch.

I also think there team never played an mmorpg in there hole life

Devs please help us understand. How in your minds was that ghost ship a good plan?

Unless it was to wipe the chinese clans taking over the world, this makes absolutely no sense. How are they allowed near beaches, shipyards, where people are spending COUNTLESS hours to build their ships? This makes 0 sense. 

In the spirit of respecting this thread's reason to live, I'll give my suggestion. 

Roll back, give everyone back their shit, stop devving and rolling patches that potentially DESTROY COUNTLESS HOURS OF WORK, investigate and ban the dupers. Take more time for updates because the consequence of unbalance can be terrible. Fire whoever thought of the ghost ship mechanic, the ammount, the no boundaries, they have no clue what they are doing. 

Edited by grim-thesoloist
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Fendo said:

I also think there team never played an mmorpg in there hole life

Because its not an MMOrpg, its not even really an MMO, youre in separate shards on a sever, each shard can hold at max 150 players or they get random moved to a different shard.

Just now, grim-thesoloist said:

Devs please help us understand. How in your minds was that ghost ship a good plan?

Unless it was to wipe the chinese clans taking over the world, this makes absolutely no sense. How are they allowed near beaches, shipyards, where people are spending COUNTLESS hours to build their ships? This makes 0 sense. 

In the spirit of respecting this thread's reason to live, I'll give my suggestion. 

Roll back, give everyone back their shit, stop devving and rolling patches that potentially DESTROY COUNTLESS HOURS OF WORK, investigate and ban the dupers, destroy THEIR shit.

One of the devs in Discord said they shouldn't be getting near shores. Obviously they did. She said she was looking into it. I do feel that it was a way to get rid of the duped ships to put people on a more even but still unbalanced playing field.

2 minutes ago, Rando said:

Because its not an MMOrpg, its not even really an MMO, youre in separate shards on a sever, each shard can hold at max 150 players or they get random moved to a different shard.

Oh sry. My falt. Thought Eve Online and WoW (which have the same system) where MMORPGs. Sry

Just now, Fendo said:

Oh sry. My falt. Thought Eve Online and WoW (which have the same system) where MMORPGs. Sry

EVE and WOW sever channels can also fit more than 150 fucking people?????????????

5 minutes ago, SoloHan88 said:

One of the devs in Discord said they shouldn't be getting near shores. Obviously they did. She said she was looking into it. I do feel that it was a way to get rid of the duped ships to put people on a more even but still unbalanced playing field.

That would be the worst decision they ever made. Sacrificing legit players’ hours for the sake of the cheaters.. 

• Like 1

I think they were testing out the new 'Purge' or 'wipe process'. Well it worked. It worked too damn good cause in a few days if nothing is changed, the steam charts will show atlas going down just as the 'purge' went. js folks.

About the ship things, its only a assumption but the plan in 7.0 where to upgrade the resources respawn, maybe they failed by putting the code "faster respawn over the world", and finnaly its taked in accompt the damned ship ?

Just now, Percieval said:

That would be the worst decision they ever made. Sacrificing legit players’ hours for the sake of the cheaters.. 

Oh I definitely agree with you. Just what happens when some bad apples ruin things.

Just now, shiversan said:

About the ship things, its only a assumption but the plan in 7.0 where to upgrade the resources respawn, maybe they failed by putting the code "faster respawn over the world", and finnaly its taked in accompt the damned ship ?

Well that’s what could’ve happened. It’s not like it was intended that there are 10.000 ghost ships roaming around. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

NA PVE server Sector 'K9' Is getting constant rollbacks. I've farmed 20k wood and only have 2500 to show for it, the rollbacks are every 15-30 mins, and sometimes rolls back as far as the last roll back.

Not sure how many servers are being affected by this.

As for the skill trees. 
1 point, 2 point, 3 points max.
Smithy costing 8 points?!?!

I can make a ship without cannons.
I can make a ship but have no captaineering skill.

There is no way anyone can even touch cooking/farming, medicine, piracy, etc all those extra specialized skills anymore because everyone needs the basics. Bow, boats, tools, and building. I'm level 45 and struggle to have enough of just the basics. Which I managed Barely!

Anyways, the skill tree needs a redesign and maybe just keep all the skills at 1 point for now so people can explore the game and report about the skills. Focus on other things like the claim issue in PVE servers. Cap it at 1 flag per company and the area of effect is bigger over time, or based on company size. Allow putting beds on Lawless islands. Or better yet make all PVE maps Lawless so you can actually build.

Fix the ghost ships only have 1 ghost ship on the whole map that floats around as a super rare end game boss fight kinda thing.Have smaller more manageable pirate boats floating around that aren't insane to fight off. OR make it so ghost ships can't come within 2x firing range of any island.

Fix the server problems (K9 NA PVE).

Right now there are way bigger issues then nerfing the skill tree, because now way less people are going to play. No one can enjoy the game if they are level 20 or lower. Good MMO's should be solo'able, and require parties and raids for End-Game content. Not require a party of 50 people (so you always have enough online) as soon as you start to get anywhere.

Love the Game so far, but this update should have just added flotsam, bottles and ghost ships. Not kill the game with the skill tree nerf. (and not the crazy ghost ships)

• Thanks 1

Why there were no info about these ships in the patch notes ?  They there are SO many of them around starting zones.. we lost another big ship just because 5 ships appeared right after we docked near new island we found. wtf

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chazmich said:

Why there were no info about these ships in the patch notes ?  They there are SO many of them around starting zones.. we lost another big ship just because 5 ships appeared right after we docked near new island we found. wtf

Because they increased spawn stats for trees and stuff, probably went wrong with the ships. This cannot be intended. 

14 minutes ago, chazmich said:

Infos where there:

- Fixed a bug ocean and deep ocean spawners, including Mermaids, Whales, Ship of the Damned, and Squids.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Because they increased spawn stats for trees and stuff, probably went wrong with the ships. This cannot be intended. 

Yes clearly to me. The number of ships is too big to be by design. Its just I am too angry to think reasonable. First we got rollbacked 5 times while getting to an island we like and finally (when server stopped rollbacking) we were sunk by  a red ghost ship.. I really was hoping for a 6th rollback 😞

• Like 1

So guys on the forum, how many ghost ships we want to see? 1 per grid? How close to the shore max? 

Edited by Percieval

Crashes after die

and 8gb computers still no working on lowmemory. 

Lowmemory work worst than normal

Just now, Percieval said:

So guys on the forum, how many ghost ships we want to see? 1 per grid? How close to the shore max? 

I'd say no more than 2 max per grid, but spaced out from one another. I don't think they should come close to shore, unless its a quest island (if that is a thing).