shiversan

official [OFFICIAL] 7.0 Update Feedbacks

We have all become aware of the concerns generated by the 7.0 update

A lot of information is shared on social networks and various forums related to the game, this topic is there to gather information and feedback from players. First of all I would like to say that we all fallen in love with atlas, and that if the community clings so much despite the shortcomings of the game it is because we all see a huge potential, so I would like this topic to be feebacks about support / solution rather than reproach / problem.

Everything started yesterday during the first crash server (L9, C15, E4), some players went to its areas (mostly by boat) and we were disconnected with the impossibility of reconnecting to the game (timeout error) leaving behind them their boats and equipment on a deserted sea... Then the update 7.0 occurred this morning 11a.m (EU), following that the community manager @Jatheish  tweeted " Been quite a long day for me, so I'm going to get some sleep and will be back at this again in a few hours. Sorry if I'm unable to reply to each tweet/DM/msg...", which is normal given that the staff worked non-stop to get us out 5 Update in less than 3 days and those during the Christmas holidays, but this break left free rein to the monstrosity brought with the patch 7.0 without answers and actions of the staff, the whole community could only be a spectator of the following points:

•  Boats of the army of the damned have spawned everywhere on the map of the most remote islands at the nearest freeport, destroying at arm's length everything that is bigger than a raft (boats on the sea, under construction or even those blocked on the servers down mentioned above (L9 ect)
  • The extreme redesign of the skilltree not giving any chance to the solo players or even to the small group of players

I let you express yourself on the solutions to bring, if other concerns appear I will edit the topic

Following communuty feedbacks >

1545928249-95b3b0b0816752e114e1176c6b264

1545928459-dvbb9w0uyauqyie-jpg-large.jpg

1545928713-dva-dvju0aefpw0-jpg-large.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I play with my 6 friends. Due to the skill system change, we can no longer the game. We can even finish the schooner we started.

Then our Sloop was destroyed by not 1 but 8 Damned Ships! 

We also can't find land due to the stupid claiming system.

We're quitting unless they fix these issues. We refuse to play a ZERG game.

The Devs don't seem to care.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Holyvision said:

What makes this official?...

...it's just a summary of what everything else says.

Exactly its an Official topic of the community feedbacks for the devs, better that rather than 100+ topic

Had 4 ghost ships spawn and destroy literally half the island of docks/shipyards/people building boats including ours, now they're glitched into walls and wont leave. The skill points are absolutely outrageous for how slow progression and leveling is. They just hurt themselves even more releasing this patch, destroyed hours or even days of work for some people who were solo, and most of us cant get back to our original state cause they completely jacked up skill points.

Edited by aFlyingKite
Typo

@Admins/Devs:

Please check following topics as soon as possible:

I'm unable to login to EU-PVE as many many other players. I literally cannot play the game.

I'm able to login to other servers, I'm just locked out from EU-PVE where my friends are playing.

Edited by crysis992
  • Like 1

Rollback please. my crew and i have had the same thing happen to us. w got ganked by multiple ghost ships as soon as we changed region. lost our schooner that we spent entire days working on and loved so much 😞 also,  the nerf on the skills might have been a bit too much. i get that a nerf was needed but i think this actual nerf is overkill

Edited by clasen16
  • Like 6

Trying to be  constructive, allow multiple respecs if redesign of skill tree is so massive...it is hard to manage all this. ..or lower skill costs.

• Like 3

Change the ghost/undead ships to spawn on the horizon so we have time to see them and react. There also needs to be a buffer zone around the islands or some way that ghosts ships don’t wreck your stuff while you’re offline. 

Also please fix the eating thing. I like that you have to eat different things to live. I don’t like that I have to spend the majority of my time finding things to eat or just deciding to not eat so I can actually work on my ship. I think at this point most people don’t bother eating anymore because it’s such a hassle. Just spawn work til you die of starvation and spawn again. Rinse repeat. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fastman52018 said:

Trying to be  constructive, allow multiple respecs if redesign of skill tree is so massive...it is hard to manage all this. ..or lower skill costs.

I think the best thing they could do regarding the skill tree is to have it on half the points needed and test the results of that. 

• Like 1

The skills cost too much, and we lost everything to the ships of the damned. We can't really start again because we lack skills points to get to the point we were before.

Also is really hard to see what skilltrees do wihout spending points, and if we spend point and didn't like it is quite harsh.

Edit:

You should let the people see the skill tree and not hide it to plan better.

And lower the skills points a bit to help small groups to have a chance.

Maybe roll back to the state of the game before the patch?

Edited by Bastruedo

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

I think the best thing they could do regarding the skill tree is to have it on half the points needed and test the results of that. 

+1

8 skill point for last skills is too much (how can i be a master of music so ?) , maybe giving more skill point per level ?

Like the Idea, instead of wiping the server let the ghost ships wipe them out...ohh poor cry babys, now you know how we all feel to lose our raft to you. get all our shit taken and start back at starting area..

Im loving the crying...more ghost ships to wip them the hell out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shiversan said:

+1

8 skill point for last skills is too much (how can i be a master of music so ?) , maybe giving more skill point per level ?

Either half it, double the points per level or give us more levels to begin with. (100 max and maybe + some after finding notes or doing certain quests). 

• Thanks 1

Skill tree rework is definitely needed, the cost is too too high for smaller groups that have only a handful of people at the peak times, let alone one or two during the down period.  And Ghost ships should maybe only aggro on things bigger than sloops? A sloop doesn't hold a fighting chance to one, not to mention multiple ghost ships - and given the way resources work you can't even settle in half the map with out being able to travel to other servers for resources like sap -- which you're now unable to do to without getting murdered by ghost ships that swarm anything larger than  a raft. 

i believe they need to roll back to when 7.0 was released, and edit the amount of ghost ships spawned and try again at the skill trees rework

• Like 1

I’d also like to see duping companies wiped. I’m not a game developer so I have no idea if it is hard to ‘code’ out stuff that makes the duping possible? Ofcourse all the galeons they duped are now gone because of the ghost ships, so there’s that lol. 

• Haha 1

Just posted on Discord. She did a follow up saying that they shouldn't be getting close to shore and she will look into it.

DebbySaurus ≽ܫ≼Today at 12:13 PM

what exactyl is broken about the ship of the damned? Saying theyre broken of OP doesn't really give us any information to work with. WE've fully balance tetsed them with multiple ships and setups to get them where we feel they belong in terms of balnce. I'm morethan willing to listen to feedback about it, but I'm going to need more information than just "it's broken, fix it"

My bud and I worked tirelessly for 2 straight days fighting for fibers on an overpopulated island (best island we could find after 6 hours of rafting around). 

Got hit by the ressource respawn bug so there was basically nothing on the island. After 20 hours EACH of hard grinding, we finally had our schooner up, with every single attachement on it build up, 6000 weight on 7250, we were SET. 

We enter C4 by accident (freeport), as soon as we zone in, we get DC'd. Can't log back in. Been trying for hours. 

Finally manage to get back in... I'll be honest, I was expecting it but in the back of my head, I was hoping... 

Schooner is gone, no more bed to spawn on. All these hours gone. We were about to START exploring and having fun. 

If you don't do a roll back and give people back their shit, they are going to quit on you. I know me and my bud are. 

We are a huge community on our teamspeak. All my friend realized I had bought and was playing atlas. They all came to me asking how it is, if it's worth buying etc. I've been saying yes. After today, if there is no resolution and we dont get our 40 hours of grinding back... I'll be tempted to tell my friends to stay away from it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoloHan88 said:

Just posted on Discord. She did a follow up saying that they shouldn't be getting close to shore and she will look into it.

what exactyl is broken about the ship of the damned? Saying theyre broken of OP doesn't really give us any information to work with. WE've fully balance tetsed them with multiple ships and setups to get them where we feel they belong in terms of balnce. I'm morethan willing to listen to feedback about it, but I'm going to need more information than just "it's broken, fix it"

share this topic on the discord if you'd like

Dark and Light doesn't even have 600 players logged on right now. The reason, poor, poor , poor decisions. This update is exactly that. I've defended the game. I know how MMOs work, I know the connection issues. I had no problem dealing with it the first 3 days. I realize it's EA and I have no problem with bugs, I know they'll get fixed. I know devs are working hard. 

But then this update comes and they show their hand. The skill change was ridiculous. Add content if you want challenge players to group more often and bigger groups. Don't take away content. That's exactly what you did, everyone that doesn't like zerging around or relying on sometimes worthless people had content removed from them. I don't care how you spin it, that's the outcome.

I am really, really disappointed with such a bad decision this early on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SoloHan88 said:

Is this person retarded or just ignorant of the whole ships of the damned being in free ports/attacking docked ships.

• Like 1

BTW Devs arent actually asking for advice on how to fix / balance and if you guys think they are, you are stupid. 

This thread is just to make everyone vent and reduce the number of people that quit by making you think they care about you and your shit. 

Edited by grim-thesoloist