Sign in to follow this  
Riceeater27

New Skill system is a no go for me.

So with this new update i feel it has made the game pretty much unplayable.  I was with a group of 5 playing on NA pvp Public sever and fighting off the waves of Chinese  wit their over powered torches(which i saw is fixed).   Even after hours of not finding a spot to place down a claim flag we still continued to push forward.   But now its all gone down hill.  With this new update even with a group it is no fun.    So we are pretty much done unless they change back. To those who think it was a good change good for you, enjoy the game.    but for us it was not a good change.

Ok so you want to gain 4 levels and unlock everythings. Going the easy way. 
This game is supposed to be played with squad. Each members doing his part with the community he is with. It can be Ship construction, Base Construction, Hunting, Armor or weapon crafting, Tamming each and every member should have his role to get the best out of everyone. If you don't like teamplay, working each and everyone on different tree skills well this game is not for you because right now this skill system is perfect how it is. Seriously i unlock everything in archery after level 7....this was a joke now i barely can unlock 4 skills this is perfect now b4 it was broken.

New skill change makes total sense to me, you should have to specialize. Before I could literally make plate armor, 2h maces, build stone houses, build sloops, build artillery and also I had the archery and melee tree unlocked. Now I've specialized on the archery / melee stuff as well as plate armor, and my friends have had to specialize into artillery, guns, building, etc.

• Like 1

Seems like it was a good/expected change to me. Levelling was taken for granted and way too easy to just do everything you want.

It does completely cripple smaller squads though which is unfortunate.

Yes this was needed. I do think thought 8 points for certain things is a bit much. I'm sure adjustments to this will come.

For solo and small groups, it made the game nearly unplayable. I hope this gets looked at.

• Like 1

Making a game hard to pick up and play causes it to become empty pretty quickly. The mentality of huge company or go home is pretty flawed.

Hey i get your guy's points  and thoughts. Imo though i believe some cost for skills should be 4 points instead of 8. My group isnt always on at the same time so there gota be some middle ground to where we can have some decent skill progression. Hell the skills just for buffs cost to much to even go down if you want to get import one first. and Like i said it just my opinion.

Edited by Riceeater27

Even when everything was 1 point, I felt like I had to make some hard choices on what I wanted to spend on...after patch, feel so gimped at level 43

U can still Learn 2 things maxed and a lot of things on a early Stage.  As Possible.   Shipmans + arterllery + survival down for more effective vitaminsdrain,  + fire arrows, construction a few things and beastmastery for riding tier 2 and a lot of other small things for crafting common consumables.   So u need only 4-5 People to craft anything !