Sign in to follow this  
Remo

icebox feedback

3 hours ago, Warspectre said:

I live in a tropical region but even when the temperature drops down far enough for my character to get the "Freezing" icon, my fridges still say "Area is too hot to make ice", so it seems buggy to me. Neither of the fridges I put in my base have produced ice, but the one in my ship has after sailing around a bit to different zones. Note that I haven't gone anywhere that wasn't tropical or desert yet.

I also can't seem to put food directly in the fridge, I'm not sure if this is a bug or WAI. Anyway, I think it could be useful if they'd iron out the kinks. As it stands it seems a bit too wonky to be consistently useful. 

Unfortunately they don't seem to allow food getting placed in the icebox, which is a shame. Would love to have it function like a preserving bag, would look nicer too.

I haven't tried it myself, but for someone like yourself, it seems like a viable option to build a tiny base in your nearest tundra zone with an icebox that you can visit from time to time to get your ice. Also others have suggested that an icebox deep underwater is an option. That latter one is a bit too cheesy for me, and I spend enough time in polar to get more than I need anyway.