Sign in to follow this  
keat

Breeding in specific zones

This will be short and to the point...

Breeding may not be the #1 priority in the game at the minute, But as it is right now if you are a group of 2-10 people it seems pretty arduous to have to set up bases in multiple grids, to breed specific animals. I don't understand really why? when temperature should really be the determining factor. You recently released the ice box, but if you cannot even breed something like a bear in the tropics, than whats the point of even putting that in the game ? Especially razertooths, even in the regions that they're set to be bred in they're not in their suitable biome. I know i'm not the only one who finds it a strenuous activity if you really like this part of the game. 

This isn't Ark, but if it is going to be in the game, I think it should NOT require hours of traveling and setting up bases everywhere to breed. The travelling should be to tame the rare, and unique tames that are found all over. 

Edited by keat

I don’t know if this will help you or not, but if you’ve built a base over the water you likely will not be able to breed in it. Even though the foundations may be just above the water surface, if may register as (biome) water and not allow breeding,

I found that out after building a nice castle specifically for breeding on the water, so as not to be obtrusive on the land.

I Dont mind it Forcing u to travell. We have 3 outpost for breeding And met Super Nice People. For some tames or Mass breeding we impregnate them And Sail back to mainbase. As a small Company we still Managed to have 300 Babys at once ^^

make a breeding brig, since this stupid limitation is in place... still, even after the icebox was introduced. thats why i did not breed to this moment. but soon i will and i will do it on a brig or galli in the specific biome...

Why make different bases? I just travel with my boat to a suitable place, then let them to their thing, head back home and light a few candles(campfires) and let them enjoy the warm up to 10%.

Where i live i speak of roughly tops 4500 wood to let them reach 10%. 

3 hours ago, photek said:

make a breeding brig, since this stupid limitation is in place... still, even after the icebox was introduced. thats why i did not breed to this moment. but soon i will and i will do it on a brig or galli in the specific biome...

U still Need to go on Land as a ship will still not Count as proper biom

I agree that the system needs work.  However, animals in captivity, in real life, don't always breed just because a mate is present.  The Panda is famous for this.  Stress can also cause them to not want to breed.  So, a couple of changes to make it more interactive, and realistic would be:

1. Create a cool down timer for an animal that has been brought to an island that is not it's normal biome type.  The more drastic the change, the longer the cool down.  So something like Equatorial, to Polar, would be the longest timer.
  2. Make females refuse to mate with a male, if their is a more Alpha male nearby.  Thus, you have to remove higher level males, when you are trying to capture a good stat from a really low level male.  Males would mate with any female that is present.  There could also be some sort of cool down to this, with it being longer before the female will mate with this particular male, if he is significantly lower in level than she is.