Hrii

The New Skill update needs to roll back!

The New Skill update needs to roll back!  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Alrighty, we've tested the new skill update, it sucks... time to change it back!

• Yes
    • No

Alrighty, we've tested the new skill update, it sucks... time to change it back!

• Like 11

The idea of EA is to make good decisions and make the game better.. not worse! Fix the claim system if you want to fix something. Make it so not a single player can claim a whole island. There is no reason for a solo player to have more than 1 claim flag or a whole company to have more than 5 or so.... 1500+ Chinese players taking over whole servers will ruin the game for sure!!! Fix the claim system first and foremost. Stop jacking with the skill points and fix the other more important stuff!!!

• Like 9

This Update ruined the game.  

I am player solo for me "QUIT GAME" 

Edited by FatalCrazy
  • Like 1

I mean, if they were to actually give us more points per level (and retroactively) i hope it balances out. But a big deal currently, is that now you can't even fully specialize in 1 tree.... How on earth are you meant to go into something like music or piracy and max it out?

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Morticielle said:

It's the usual balancing disaster by Studio Wildgrape Cardshot: From 200 to 0 in 1 sec ... 🤢

I couldn't have said it better myself. +1

27 minutes ago, Morticielle said:

It's the usual balancing disaster by Studio Wildgrape Cardshot: From 200 to 0 in 1 sec ... 🤢

That had me chuckle irl. Thanks for the smile 🙂

Im downloading the new update. This will kill this game for me by the sounds of it. I don't want to be stuck roaming a map that takes literally 30 hours to cross one end to the other in just a straight line trying to find competent players to be in a company with because I can't do anything by myself and if I get a bad group of players for a company which is going to be more often than not anything I build and own becomes theirs even after I leave. Great game, not even a looking for group system implemented means this new skill thing is retarded.

I agree still needs work and tweeking but again this EA and this won't be the last change they do. Man you guys are mad now just wait for the first wipe people will be raging...... Then more space for me 😁

• Like 1

This is perfect how it is right now doesnt need of a rollback. You'll never be able to learn everythings and thats the point work in team.

• Sad 1

Just want to make it clear cause Im being PM'ed with hate msgs saying its EA, I know its EA! Hence why I said we tested this, it doesnt work, time to roll back.

This style of skill system blocks people from being able to use a fun "build", cant even get a full skill tree maxed without effing your skills up.... yeah sure, I can build a gally, but I cant make basic metal tools cause I dont have enough points.

Someone also mentioned these style of games are ment to be hard solo, however majority of the popular survival games have never had in game mechanics to block soloers and small groups. Hell, even in Ark a solo player could unlock majority of things, able to build all their basics and still get advanced skills, able to survive comfortably. 

How are we able to get skills to test to submit bug reports if we cant get to them.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Angel said:

This is perfect how it is right now doesnt need of a rollback. You'll never be able to learn everythings and thats the point work in team.

it's far from perfect

what is the use of picking up taming when i don't have the skill to fling a bola at my target due to the lack of skill points.

pirates most likely work in a team, a crew, but it's not that they only are able of a single skill.

if you want to cook for your crew you're stuck in the pantry while your crew explores the island ?

cut me some slack here but the skill system as it was was a little steep already with not unlocking the basic skill in a branch once you unlocked the branch in basics.

now it's utter nonsense.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hrii said:

Just want to make it clear cause Im being PM'ed with hate msgs saying its EA

Don't understand these whiteknights... they'd eat a shit sandwich and tell everyone how great it is

I just want to point out you literally get blueprints for all items aka saving you points down the road. I wouldn’t write it off yet, but theres definitely some skills that are absurdly priced