Sign in to follow this  
Wulfn

Ghost Ship in Lawless area

Hi,

My Buddy and I - yes just the two of us - spent the better part of three days gathering resource, contending with alpha wolf spawns, hunger cold, etc,etc only to have our newly created ship destroyed still in the sloop!!!

Please reconsider this patch and rollback, if its intended to get smashed by ghost ships while trying to build then we out ... not gunna get those two days back >.<

20181228001423_1.jpg

20181228001219_1.jpg

• Like 1

Lawless areas were not originally intended to be starter areas, they were put in place to handle the full freehold starter areas.

So right now they still have all the original spawn chances, including ghost ships, and before today, alpha mobs.

Just now, Rando said:

It like the devs want to kill their own fucking game

Or its like buyers dont read the EA warning and understand what testing and development means, this game is still 2 years from launch

Just now, archaegeo said:

Lawless areas were not originally intended to be starter areas, they were put in place to handle the full freehold starter areas.

So right now they still have all the original spawn chances, including ghost ships, and before today, alpha mobs.

Well YEAH, OBVIOUSLY, but the devs are so incompetent that they made the middle of the map spawn zones and now with the new skill tree added everyone from big guilds will still have guns and solo or small groups will be shafted, the only way to fix this literal titanic of a game is to have full sever resets.

The same thing just happened to my company's port. Two Schooners and a Sloop destroyed. After days of work to make it. Absolutely ridiculous.

Same thing, and we arent even in a lawless area. Just a regular tile we sailed to and set up a base. Had 2 Schooners, 2 Sloops, were starting work on a galleon, we even had the resource bug on our island and were putting in the work sailing are ship back and forth to another tile island that HAD resources, filling up our cargos with thousands of lbs and sailing back to our base to offload and build.

Wake up this morning and ITS ALL GONE from this Ghost shit just coming up to shore and destroying everything. That's not content to me. If you go out sailing and get caught/cant run away, thats one thing/I consider that content/an experience at least.

Your shit not even being safe at shore while offline, what is the actual point then? 3 Days of playing all day even scratching it out and enjoying playing despite resource bugs and all else. For it to have been a complete and utter waste of time.

Remember is a MMO too, you are meant to take a while to get to certain stages.

In theory, building a ship with no defenses on it makes it a target, shrug, and thus you suffer.

The right way to do it would be to build a base, level up someone to 35 so you have cannons, put cannons on your dock and man them with AI NPC's to defend it 24/7, but noone is doing that yet because till yesterday it was an instant gratification game, not a MMO paced game.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, archaegeo said:

In theory, building a ship with no defenses on it makes it a target, shrug, and thus you suffer.

The right way to do it would be to build a base, level up someone to 35 so you have cannons, put cannons on your dock and man them with AI NPC's to defend it 24/7, but noone is doing that yet because till yesterday it was an instant gratification game, not a MMO paced game.

build a base where idiot? everywhere actually reachable by raft is claimed already, how are we suppose to level up if all the islands are covered in hundreds of hyper aggressive predators that see you from 300 feet away and just gun straight at you, how are we suppose to even FIND gold to buy npc crews to man out ships if we cant even GET anywhere? You sound like youre in a big guild and are just spouting the fucking obvious.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, archaegeo said:

Noone was doing that yet because the game was bugged and a ton of peoples servers didnt even have resources that respawned like others! In addition was bugged and no floatsam/bottles/treasure maps/gold coins to even hire NPCs if we wanted to. And instant gratification? Pretty sure I played almost 24 hours a day for last 3 days putting the work, didnt sit on my ass with dozens of other people to carry me. 

And not like its the first time, we've crossed almost the entire map, started over multiple times due to these bugs, we've made tons of ships, half were lost to the bug they had before with ships not crafting.

Hope you get to enjoy some karma soon^^

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Rando said:

build a base where idiot? everywhere actually reachable by raft is claimed already, how are we suppose to level up if all the islands are covered in hundreds of hyper aggressive predators that see you from 300 feet away and just gun straight at you, how are we suppose to even FIND gold to buy npc crews to man out ships if we cant even GET anywhere? You sound like youre in a big guild and are just spouting the fucking obvious.

Im playing solo.  I am very careful, i look for aggressive critters always, i avoid them, i gather slowly and save my stuff in chests not on me.

You can build on lawless without claiming, put a raft off shore with a bed for respawning.

You can even take some of the unguarded claims if you want to.

But go on calling people idiot, it makes you feel superior.

6 minutes ago, archaegeo said:

Im playing solo.  I am very careful, i look for aggressive critters always, i avoid them, i gather slowly and save my stuff in chests not on me.

You can build on lawless without claiming, put a raft off shore with a bed for respawning.

You can even take some of the unguarded claims if you want to.

But go on calling people idiot, it makes you feel superior.

im not calling him an idiot to make myself feep superior im calling him an idiot for stating the obvious and youre an idiot too if you think the point of the game is to be stuck on the lawless hell holes and make a baby base out of thatch. Lawless was never meant to be a spawn point, you make a raft and you get out, but apparently you cant read the,  "WHERE ARE WE SUPPOSE TO BUILD ACTUAL BASSES IF EVERYWHERE REACHABLE BY RAFT IS ALREADY CLAIMED", part of my post.

they are nearly everywhere and not just one of this things...... you know its just the lawless area after the Freeports so People there dindt have big ships with canons. How are we suspossed to handle that kind of Problems?   the Lawless Area is just a Place wehre we want to build trhe first little ship because it isnt reeally funny to search a Island where you can Claim something if you only have a Raft...... 

wtf.jpg

20181227153052_1.jpg

43 minutes ago, archaegeo said:

because till yesterday it was an instant gratification game, not a MMO paced game.

Before yesterday I couldn’t progress beyond level 8 and when I logged in last night my character was wiped.  Instant gratification right there.