Sign in to follow this  
VladDracula

Do you care ? we care

A new patch and seems nothing about grenades, blackjacks and puckles,the dev team  really have to test  this things or at least they should listen  the community about what is the new meta
and what is wrong about this.
How about give me 200 grenades and ill go directly to 5 puckles near the wall where the puckles can't shoot(450hp+armour+food+medkit) im still alive ill use my medkit im full hp I'll throw few nades near the puckles,puckles dead,
-ill use my climbing pick to the enamy top base,maybe few more puckles or not who cares less nades or more in my inventory, from the top roof of the base try to stop me when i can spam nades every second,
-who cares about about your 1 wall layers or 3 or 5 (300dmg/s,18000dmg/minut,36000dmg/2min),try to kill me inside your base with a weapon when i can jump and throw grenades like crazy (450hp/good armour/food)You Can't!
This was an example only for 1 person but let's think what will be the situation when is more than one.
This is how the players from biggest companies dissaparead after the night,this how most of the tames are dead in EU PVP A3 A4 B4 B5 C4 C5 etc,this is how all breeders left the game and not only.Is not nice to lose all your work in few minutes not hours.
What is the point to declare war and use the mortar when i have 200 "mortar shoots" in my inventory ?
What is the point to Breed tames 1 month for good stats when one naked guy with blackjack can unmounted me from the tame,you know a unmounted tame is dead by the enamy swivel tame if you lose the tame control for few seconds.
What is the point to spam Puckles when is enough 2 grenades and the puckles are destroyed and also seems the puckles doesnt react when the server is full (10 fps/255 ping).
What is the point to spam Towers/Puckles/Ballista when the enamy cannon bear/horse have a insane range?
What is the point to chase someone which is low hp when he can heal under the water with his medkit in 4 seconds.
What is the point to be full gear/food when a naked can grappling hook me and drag me close to a puckle or whatever,no chance to escape from the grappling hook.(give me something)
This a short list which was discussed inside a big alliance and nobody is happy how is the meta now,  even the enamy are worried about how the game evolved but evolved in a bad direction and everyone is waiting for an answer.
 Directly from EU PVP with concerns. 

Easy fix: 

-Limit the amount of the nades who can be carry by a player/add weight/add more time reload etc.

-Increase the damage/resistence for Puckles.(are no longer effective)

-Decrease the range of cannon horse/bear on the land.

-Fix the problem with grappling hook with a minigame so at aleast we have a chance to escape.

-Fix the blackjack 

-Fix the problem with the medkit healing under the wather or in wather.

Thank you.

Edited by VladDracula
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Excellent topic. The weakness of passive defenses is main reason that I quit after 1k hours of hardcore pvp official small group.

Edited by gnihar

This is the reason, I never went PVP to begin with.  At least on the PVE side we know they don't care about us.  🙂   so our expectation are allot less.  LOL

I have been saying over and over since its launch that the problem with ATLAS is that the DEV'S have absolutely no clue about actually playing their game for PVP. Every time they demonstrate new features to the community, they are always relying on their admin cheats. You can easily tell that they do not even know the first thing about hard-core PVP.

As typical with developers, the DEV's only load up the specific feature that they are working on in the dev kit to test the functionality of that feature really fast, long enough to ensure that it is working as intended. That is the extent of their testing as they DO NOT actually play ATLAS. So the real testing is left to the community on the test servers.

The problem though is that most peeps don't actually TEST the crap either, instead, they are using the opportunity to gain extra insights about the new content to get any kind of edge that they can for their company. Most players that actually discover bugs that may give them an advantage, tend to keep it to themselves.

The DEVS do not know what aspects are ruining PVP and their community managers should be fired as they NEVER listen to the players and try to get the actual ailments and issues from the players. Instead, they just add crap we never ask for and implement newer bugs on top of all of the older ones that never corrected first.

I have already given up all hope for this game and am very confident that the game will be a ghost town within the next month or so. Check the stats as it is, they have been nosediving for the last few months straight.

It is very simple, Grapeshot. Fire your community managers and get ones that will show your customer's that they actually care. Your community managers should be conversing more with the players to get important feedback. They should be actively proving feedback to the players with updates and answering player's questions/concerns.

Your community managers should be polling your players for lists of actual features that players would like to see fixed, removed or added, instead of just adding in a bunch of useless crap that your players never wanted and is ruining the game for your players. Actually, listen to your players and you will quickly discover what the real issues are that are destroying ATLAS. This way your DEVs can focus on what really matters to your players and will make ATLAS more successful.

Edited by vaylain

This problem is huge. I will try to send some bugs on bug raport channel on discord because it is look like they are checking this.

We can see how it is working looking at torpedos. They put a lot of time and work to do this. Everyone was saying that it won't work. Now they nerfed torpedos and increased their cost so that no one would craft them.

On 6/8/2019 at 1:43 PM, VladDracula said:

A new patch and seems nothing about grenades, blackjacks and puckles,the dev team  really have to test  this things or at least they should listen  the community about what is the new meta
and what is wrong about this.
How about give me 200 grenades and ill go directly to 5 puckles near the wall where the puckles can't shoot(450hp+armour+food+medkit) im still alive ill use my medkit im full hp I'll throw few nades near the puckles,puckles dead,
-ill use my climbing pick to the enamy top base,maybe few more puckles or not who cares less nades or more in my inventory, from the top roof of the base try to stop me when i can spam nades every second,
-who cares about about your 1 wall layers or 3 or 5 (300dmg/s,18000dmg/minut,36000dmg/2min),try to kill me inside your base with a weapon when i can jump and throw grenades like crazy (450hp/good armour/food)You Can't!
This was an example only for 1 person but let's think what will be the situation when is more than one.
This is how the players from biggest companies dissaparead after the night,this how most of the tames are dead in EU PVP A3 A4 B4 B5 C4 C5 etc,this is how all breeders left the game and not only.Is not nice to lose all your work in few minutes not hours.
What is the point to declare war and use the mortar when i have 200 "mortar shoots" in my inventory ?
What is the point to Breed tames 1 month for good stats when one naked guy with blackjack can unmounted me from the tame,you know a unmounted tame is dead by the enamy swivel tame if you lose the tame control for few seconds.
What is the point to spam Puckles when is enough 2 grenades and the puckles are destroyed and also seems the puckles doesnt react when the server is full (10 fps/255 ping).
What is the point to spam Towers/Puckles/Ballista when the enamy cannon bear/horse have a insane range?
What is the point to chase someone which is low hp when he can heal under the water with his medkit in 4 seconds.
What is the point to be full gear/food when a naked can grappling hook me and drag me close to a puckle or whatever,no chance to escape from the grappling hook.(give me something)
This a short list which was discussed inside a big alliance and nobody is happy how is the meta now,  even the enamy are worried about how the game evolved but evolved in a bad direction and everyone is waiting for an answer.
 Directly from EU PVP with concerns. 

Easy fix: 

-Limit the amount of the nades who can be carry by a player/add weight/add more time reload etc.

-Increase the damage/resistence for Puckles.(are no longer effective)

-Decrease the range of cannon horse/bear on the land.

-Fix the problem with grappling hook with a minigame so at aleast we have a chance to escape.

-Fix the blackjack 

-Fix the problem with the medkit healing under the wather or in wather.

Thank you.

Adding mini-games for weapons and items in ATLAS was extremely ignorant for PVP mode. We are trying to play ATLAS the PVP game NOT a silly mobile phone game! Instead of adding a mini-game for the grappling hooks, why not make them unusable while you are in combat. As a utility outside of combat, a mini-game would be tedious and most peeps would just use the climbing picks instead.

Allowing players to place cannons/puckle guns on bear carts was one of the more stupidest things added to PVP... Not only is it extremely broken but also totally defeats all of the siege items and aspects of the game.

Edited by vaylain

Puckles are underpowered. A guy over lvl 80 with hp build can come inside and grenade all your puckles. Crabs can also jump in the middle of your puckles and destroy them easily. Even puckles mastercraft don't do much against that. I noticed how useless are defenses against a guy mounted in a crab thwrowing grenades, can you negate the ability to throw granades mounted on a crab at least?. Because I noticed that ballistas are pretty much useless against a crab. They just come throw granades kill NPCs. Jump again then heal, do it over again and GG base. Your NPCs do nothing against crabs. The only thing that can save you as against crabs is building your base over a natural pillar and not all the islands have this type of pillars. Puckles never focus the rider over the crab, good luck trying to snipe a guy equipped with mythical stuff, full HP with medkits jumping in a crab. You do 32 damage in the head with a normal carbine if you manage to shoot the rider, well I will need to build walls over 15 high to avoid the crab coming. Let's spam more buildings. And dont say ballistas or swivels do something to them, a good crab can tank any NPC with healing, the only way we found to kill one is killing the rider somehow and mortar the crab.

I think bola weapon should work against tames 100% like in ark. Or placing bear traps, give us something to defend bases please, NPCs are useless right now. Even the spikes will be fine if you implement them here.

Edited by Emanuel a
  • Like 3