Sign in to follow this  
Bleakwise

Allow sextant buffs to be "given" to captian's wheel on ship.

By "buffs" i mean something like The idea behind this is that your Leutinent could go up on the mast and find the stars while you the captian are driving the boat. This way the captian does not have to give up the wheel to get the buff.

Basically, if I the captian were piloting the ship, a crew-mate could go up ont he mast, find the stars, get the buff, and I would get the mini map and so on.

That said, I wouldn't give the buff to the "captian" but I would apply it to the wheel itself. Either this, or perhaps you could put your sextant on the captians wheel inventory, and the wheel would have the buff for the duration, effectively ending the buff for you and giving it to whomever is on the captians wheel for the alloted time.

The duration of the buff would depend on who found the stars, not who is driving the boat.

To make things even simpler, perhaps you could just make it so you press 'E' on the captians wheel while the captian is driving, if he is driving, you just get a message like "you calibrate your ship's sextant with yours" and the buff added to the captians wheel.

Once the buff were given to the wheel, anyone driving the boat could then have the mini-map.

Once calibrated other players if in possession of a sextant either on their on the hotbar could then press e to get the buff for themselves.

The fishing net was a good start, but having more things to do while at sea i'm sure would be a welcome addition to the game.