Edward Thatch

Over abundant Spawn

Since the patch that fixed/changed the skill points and perk costs which also made changes to AI spawns I've seen half a dozen ghost ships but that's not the issue...

on land im faced with a viable HORDE of Lions/Tigers/ and Giant snakes.... its ridiculous i cant move 5 feet from my door to even get simple berries without being attacked by hordes of them...
 its legit making the game unplayable at the moment id rather have the alphas back.. least i could walk and get supplies to just live... is anyone else having this issue? the grid im on is L4 Portsbel island is it meant to be this ungodly hostile to even move around on.

• Like 1

I agree, it is beyond ridiculous the spawn rate now, kill 5 lions and a handfull of giant snakes just for them to respawn in 5 minutes and have to try kill them all over again, this can't be working as intended.

• Like 1

stuck on an island without wood on one server and on the other server same problem like you... probably have to start at freeport but then you are stuck on lvl 8 cuz there is no way to travel to another area without connection timeout and losing all progress... -_-

We would move to a free port but we are 3/4th finished our schooner when these changes happened and we have already had to rebuild once we really dont want to abandon and move to free port just to make some damn progress its such bs. 

• Like 1

Its honestly insane, I feel like i need to hire an army every time i open my front door. My crew all logged off for the night as it was just unplayable with the spawn rates of tigers and giant snakes as they are (i asume from what im reading others have this both on land and at sea with ghost ships). For instance soon as we cleared a wave of 5-6 tigers and just as many snakes a solid 1 minute would pass and we would be hit by another just as large and it just keeps going.

These animal spawns are down right ridiculous. The agro range is also about 50% too far. This is something that ruins the game. I'm all for aggressive animals, but seriously.

This needs an answer from support. There's nothing in this post that isn't an understatement of the problem.

It's not just predatory spawns, its overall spawns in some areas.  I went to an island that, upon making landfall, I was swarmed by a pack of 5 wolves, 2 giant snakes, a rattlesnake, and 3 crocodiles.  I finally was able to leave that side of the island and find a more peaceful area, but even there, in every direction, herbivores were walking shoulder to shoulder, packed tightly in the trees, some of them unable to even path around each other properly.  This is a big problem that is also causing server stability issues, guaranteed.  I've ran plenty of ARK servers in the past to know that over spawn issues in certain maps can lead to server lag and crashing.  Plus its just ridiculous to play the game with it like that, and is very immersion-breaking.