Sign in to follow this  
=MGC=Ranger

Higher XP for sailing

Does anyone else agree there should be higher XP points given for sailing? I literally spend most of my time sailing and transporting stuff from one side of the map to the other and get no XP for it. last nite for example I traveled from L11 to H7 with a fully loaded Galleon with a cargo rack. Basically dodging SOTD, storms, wind shifts, etc. for 4 hours. Got no XP for it. Personally, if you can dodge a big slow boat like that, there should be ample points for it. Anyone else think that the XP given for sailing is way too low?

• Like 3

higher XP for sailing AND ship battles would be a welcome change. currently it takes so long to reach max level in a ship that the mythical ship yards are even more pointless than they would be otherwise. it's a little off-topic but there should be another advantage to crafting a ship with a mythical ship yard. leveling faster may be an idea.

• Like 1

The Game is supposed to be Slow. But i Kind if agree there should be a way to Level Cargo ships faster. Like 10% more exp when no Cannons on a ship And 1% more exp per 1k weight whilst sailing.

Or just make sailing xp based on time and not distance.  Faster ships shouldn't level faster .

Well, you have to understand the mindset of the dev team, they only care about killing stuff.  Why would anyone want to do anything else but kill in a MMO?  It doesn't matter whether you leveling your character, your pet or your ship its a kill to level up game, nothing else matters.  This is what you get with a narrow minded development team.  Deal with it or quit, those are the options it seems.

Please god add just a little xp while sailing, 80-81 is gonna take like 25 jn maps while the totality of 70-75 was equal to like 7. 

At low levels the XP gain for both ships and players seemed quite good and varied, but once you get to the higher levels ships especialy cargo ships level pretty slow.

And as for characters, your only option is maps, maps and more maps, not saying it's boring (I like doing maps) but a bit of veriety on ways to level up would be nice.

9 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

At low levels the XP gain for both ships and players seemed quite good and varied, but once you get to the higher levels ships especialy cargo ships level pretty slow. 

And as for characters, your only option is maps, maps and more maps, not saying it's boring (I like doing maps) but a bit of veriety on ways to level up would be nice.

The xp gain is the same, the game presents its numbers.

XP/level scaling is kinda XPneeded is proportional to  level^6, so it is brutal. ENJOY your mid level; beak on your way to higher level.

THAT why the 200% shipquality ships are overkill for about 99,5% of the players/companies.

AND i leveled brigs without any guns to low level 40. They gain XP fine by just sailing. Even killing > level 50 galleons dont give much XP.