eddy

ship removed from company!!!

Hiya, logged in today on pve eu and  1 of the company ships as been removed, in company info in nice light blue letters. its been parked out side our base since day 1 after the wipe. wondering why its gone, do ships decay and can be claimed or just decay and pooof gone to the atlas ships graveyard in the sky 🙂

Hey 

my highlevel ship is two days ago sinking. My Brig stand by our base and was  anchored. I din‘t know what was Happen in the log Stands only the Ship XXX is Sinking.

is that a shit Game 😡

On 6/7/2019 at 11:07 AM, eddy said:

Hiya, logged in today on pve eu and  1 of the company ships as been removed, in company info in nice light blue letters. its been parked out side our base since day 1 after the wipe. wondering why its gone, do ships decay and can be claimed or just decay and pooof gone to the atlas ships graveyard in the sky 🙂

They will go poof if no one boards them for 3 weeks. 

2 hours ago, DilBert said:

They will go poof if no one boards them for 3 weeks. 

If this is true then that needs to be stated clearly by the devs, because my understanding was that ships that are not rendered within 3 weeks will disappear. At no point do I believe they have stated the ships have to be "boarded" every 3 weeks.

This may explain why my sloop disappeared this week as I never used it since i made a schooner, but i log in and render it outside my base every day.

12 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

If this is true then that needs to be stated clearly by the devs, because my understanding was that ships that are not rendered within 3 weeks will disappear. At no point do I believe they have stated the ships have to be "boarded" every 3 weeks.

This may explain why my sloop disappeared this week as I never used it since i made a schooner, but i log in and render it outside my base every day.

Have not seen any Dev confirmation on this but with all the reports in forums and in discord it is boarded in the 3 week period. 

1 minute ago, DilBert said:

Have not seen any Dev confirmation on this but with all the reports in forums and in discord it is boarded in the 3 week period. 

Yes it is starting to sound like that, but it needs to be confirmed. That sloop was my temporary backup in case i lost my Schooner, so i had no reason to board it.

@Jatheish Can we please confirm if inactive ships need to be "boarded" within 3 weeks rather than just rendered in?

If you need me to test it then I can make 2 dingy's and see what happens to both in 3 weeks.

Why doesnt being online count. I cant always go sailing or board a ship because I have a life, but I log in to feed animals and 4 ships gone. This is stupid. This is why people stop playing this game because odd rules like this that no one knows about until it happens. Disheartening to say the least. Not interested in rebuilding my brig and schooners. this game already is an impossible time suck and things like this, don't feel good to players. I am not generally a complainer and tend to roll with the punches. But logging in just now to this, I am just going to log right back off and go play wow. 

Edited by Belle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Belle said:

I cant always go sailing or board a ship because I have a life, but I log in to feed animals and 4 ships gone.

No-one is saying you have to go sailing so don't exaggerate this. If you have time to feed animals, how time consuming is it to jump on a ship, jump off, or even just use the bed system to fast travel to each bed.

The problem here is not the fact you have to board the ship, it's the fact this was not made clear from the start.

17 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

No-one is saying you have to go sailing so don't exaggerate this. If you have time to feed animals, how time consuming is it to jump on a ship, jump off, or even just use the bed system to fast travel to each bed.

The problem here is not the fact you have to board the ship, it's the fact this was not made clear from the start.

Thanks in advance for simply letting me say my peace without telling me how I can or can't feel or what I can "exaggerate about." 

I am pretty sure it is supposed to just be rendered. I wonder if it has to do with them changing the ship unclaim that is making it wonky. Also if you have a ship that you haven't stepped on in 3 weeks do you really need that ship?

~Lotus

• Like 1

It was my understanding it was either boarding or raise/lower anchor at least once every 3 weeks. It's intended to remove inactive bits and pieces, which is an excellent thing.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lotus said:

I am pretty sure it is supposed to just be rendered. I wonder if it has to do with them changing the ship unclaim that is making it wonky. Also if you have a ship that you haven't stepped on in 3 weeks do you really need that ship?

~Lotus

Been like it is atm since the restart, so nothing to do with the recent change to be able to unclaim a ship. 

Someone raised the theory that a ship needs to earn xp, if it stops earning xp it poofs some time later.

just found out that i lost 2 ships. I checked on the ships and animals 2 days ago. one i didn't board because there were no animals and crew on board the other I did board. still it was removed from company.

@Jatheish

can someone please clarify what the desired behavior is? what needs to be done to keep ships from being removed? I have a wife and 3 kids. AKA a real life. My buddy is off to his honeymoon, so our company has little maintenance for some weeks now. If this nonsense doesn't end I surely will stop wasting my time. we've been playing since day one. And I was really laid back with your bugs. but kicking me in the face because I can't play every day is really begging for it.

At least give us the rules so that we don't waste life.

So tonight I am collecting berries to put in the Food Larder's on my ships that have NPC's on them.  Went to my Schooner that has NPC's so I board it all the time.  It was next to 2 other Schooners that just sit most of the time.  Tonight they are POOFED.  So apparently if a ship is not boarded within a time frame it will POOF.  My Galleon, Brig, 1 schooner and a sloop are all still here cuz they have NPC's which I board and feed actively.  

So @Ivah BlackWater mentions you need to raise/lower the anchor.  Is this the case?  I really don't want to lose my bigger ships.  I don't sail my Galleon much cuz usually I am solo.

We have a couple smaller ships that aren't really used very often, I make it a point every couple days to board them. Raising and lowering the anchor and they have not poof'd yet.

Wow, I didn't know there was a timer. It would be really helpful to have a warning in the log about ships and structures about to get removed.

I've just lost my Galleon today, i'm guessing it was this 3 week timer as I've not needed to take it out recently.

Yeah, the timer thing is just plain DUMB! I had 3 anchored ships disappear, and 1 ship I was planning to drop in the water. It was only less than a week (in Lawless zone) that I had not done anything on the ship, even though I logged in almost daily in the same area of the ships. I was planning to launch it on the weekend, and it was gone when I logged in. I don't know WHY the devs would want a timer on boats when the guy is logging in right NEXT to them on a daily basis! Talk about a reason to rage quit a game like this. Just penalize a guy for not using one of his 4 ships by making it disappear for no reason without any counter on the boat that tells you it's counting down to nothingness.

SUGGESTIONS:
- Give us a timer counter similar to what we have on building structures.

- Enforce a ship limit per character of 5 ships/character. A ship builder could give ships away to other players.

- Enforce a ship limit of 25 ships/company if the company exceeds 5 people (so larger companies are deterred from parking ships in front of smaller companies for the purpose of griefing; or parking ships everywhere for island hopping).

- Stop foundation spamming by allowing a player to put a customizable "base" flag down on their base to designate an area as a base. Only 10 such flags would be permitted in a company, and if an area is NOT designated as part of a base, the structures would simply disappears after 24 hours. 

- Stop shipyard spamming by using the menu system to designate up to 6 shipyards/company as active (Only: 2 Large, 2 Small, and 2 Tiny). All others will disappear after 24 hours.

Edited by Cantore
  • Like 1

Whenever I come to this website it is for one reason only, something disappeared or bugged.

There goes again 😰.