Sign in to follow this  
Talono

More love for casual players/small tribes

You know whats really bothersome? Its the fact that most everyone that bought this game bought it for the fact of it was going to be a mass multiplayer. Now the same people want to gripe about how hard it is solo? Give me a break.... What part of "MASS MULTIPLAYER" screams "SOLO"? As far as end game content all of it can be done in smaller groups. We have about 7-8 active players in our group and have most everything done. Its not that we did it with just us but we went out made allies and did it with them. 

PS. And for the love of god stop comparing apples to oranges. This is Atlas.... Not Eve, connan, Or whatever other game you want to compare it to. This game was designed to be large groups for large scale action.....

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I think the most important thing is:

ATLAS multiplayer for everyone in the world, therefore, PVP is only for companies.

PVE can do quests together, but your property can steal time, patches, or life hacks.

I don't need a torpedo in solo. You will be given a torpedo in your life. What will you do? I wear armor only on kraken. I can play without print, Only color ax, pick and shovel).

If you make a single player game and the ability to find your things in such a state when you left them a week ago, I think 90% of solos will be satisfied.

From the very beginning of the game, they did not make a single player’s property protection system.

There are no banks to save money and things, there is no auction, there are no quests in the taverns. This should be done in any game!

P.S. 

With all the flaws and our criticism, this is the best game! Thanks to the developers!👍✌️

Edited by Konvar

12 hours ago, Harryplopper said:

You know whats really bothersome? Its the fact that most everyone that bought this game bought it for the fact of it was going to be a mass multiplayer. Now the same people want to gripe about how hard it is solo? Give me a break.... What part of "MASS MULTIPLAYER" screams "SOLO"? As far as end game content all of it can be done in smaller groups. We have about 7-8 active players in our group and have most everything done. Its not that we did it with just us but we went out made allies and did it with them. 

PS. And for the love of god stop comparing apples to oranges. This is Atlas.... Not Eve, connan, Or whatever other game you want to compare it to. This game was designed to be large groups for large scale action.....

Ultima Online

Played this Solo for many years had a great time!

Star Wars Galaxies

Also Played this Solo for over a year and had a great time

Shadowbane

Often times Played this solo too and had a good time!

World of Warcraft

Played this solo for a long time and had a good time-( Before Gear Score and Across Server LFG system )

Eve Online

Played this Solo too and had a good time.

Mortal Online

Played this Solo and enjoyed myself.

Darkfall Online

Guess what I played this Solo too and enjoyed myself...

Atlantica Online

Again Played this solo too and enjoyed myself...

I could keep listing MMORPG's but I think you may get the point....  Just because it's Massively MULTIPLAYER doesn't mean MULTIPLAYER should be MANDATORY to have fun!

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

Ultima Online

Star Wars Galaxies

Shadowbane

World of Warcraft

Played this solo for a long time and had a good time-( Before Gear Score and Across Server LFG system )

Eve Online

Mortal Online

Darkfall Online

Atlantica Online

I could keep listing MMORPG's but I think you may get the point....  Just because it's Massively MULTIPLAYER doesn't mean MULTIPLAYER should be MANDATORY to have fun!

So basically you want endgame bosses and endgame content to be soloable right? 

You will NEVER do endgame content in any MMO solo, never. You will always need to interact with other players. Just like in Atlas. You either form a company or alliance, thats how it goes.

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

Ultima Online

Star Wars Galaxies

Shadowbane

World of Warcraft

Eve Online

Mortal Online

Darkfall Online

Atlantica Online

It also doesn't mean that the design of a Massively Multiplayer should be done primarily with the solo player in mind. It's great that you were able to play so many games solo and have fun, that means you should also be able to play Atlas solo and have fun,  based on your own ingenuity, skill and experience at tackling challenges solo. What it doesn't mean is that the devs should design the game specifically to ensure that you will at the expense of considerations for groups.

On 6/7/2019 at 3:12 PM, Talono said:

Guys

i really enjoy my pirate life inside your persistant Atlas world. I just dont like how you absolutely focus on mega patches only for mega tribes.

I am quite sure that the majority of your players are solos/small tribes/casuals. Why lock them out from fun stuff like subs and torpedoes ? One of the big advantages in Conan Exiles is the ability for everybody to gain anything solo. Not easily, but with the correct preparation and planning.

Please consider a similar strategy and i am quite sure that the 50.000 players from game launch in december will be back here soon.

Dont let the Atlas galleon crush into the next iceberg.

War timer penalties for larger companies with more allies and islands would be nice, and war timer reductions for small or solo owners.

6 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

Ultima Online

Star Wars Galaxies

Shadowbane

World of Warcraft

Eve Online

Mortal Online

Darkfall Online

Atlantica Online

And how many of those did you solo the current content in?

~Lotus

We have an enormous end-game discord on NA-PVE. There are solo players and small companies. Sure, play solo, but also come together for completion of higher tasks. I don't see the problem in that.

1 minute ago, WInslow said:

We have an enormous end-game discord on NA-PVE. There are solo players and small companies. Sure, play solo, but also come together for completion of higher tasks. I don't see the problem in that.

Link?

~Lotus

Damn do I hate to defend @Talono!

Most of you are misrepresenting his post and complaint.

As far as I can tell, he is not asking for the game to be catered to solo people. Sure he feels that it is too hard to be a solo currently, but that was not his main point. 

His main point was that it shouldn't be always for the mega's every step of the way. That's what it has been.

The colonies server was for smaller companies, until the empires server was yanked, and then we raised the company cap to 75.

THAT WAS THE ONLY THING EVER DONE FOR SMALLER COMPANIES! They took it back just like that.

Allies up to 10, A.K.A. up to 750 people in 1 alliance. Absurd. The worst part, oh its gross, is they complain that the alliance cap is 10! I hear it daily.

I am in a small company, we allied into an alliance because obviously we had too. Or else you log in to see you've lost every ship, every week, to bigger companies just because the devs ONLY want mega play style catered too. The alliance, its always full (10 members), they always complain about the cap. OH and I am not supposed to attack some people.....

...HALF THE MAP....... HALF THE MAP! Does anyone else see the problem with this? I have had to cut out most of the PvP, in a PvP game, to live on someone else's island, at their discretion, just to have a chance to keep a ship around for a few days. All because we preferred to not be in a mega. Now look at us......the irony? Nay, the oppression, imposed by the devs choices.

Does no one else get bothered when they see a mega company's tag over 25-40 islands? Yeah ofc smaller companies are going to complain, and they should! Why in the FUCK is it even possible to own that many islands on a colony server? Its a 100% exploit on the scaling that is supposed to occur when you own more islands, 100% the dev's fault for not making this impossible. Then you have @Sheepshooter with the balls to say we should get rid of lawless grids!? The ONLY choice left to players who don't want to be subject to a mega's capriciousness. 

1. Why CAN'T ships be safe when anchored?

2. Why CAN'T companies be capped back to 50?

3. Why CAN'T alliances be capped at 5? (still up to 250 people!)

4. Why CAN'T island ownership be capped at 1 or 2? Making more available to smaller companies.

5. Why CAN't island upkeep be scaled off of company size? (again, incentive to be smaller, always incentive @Jatheish)

I hope you can all understand his criticism a little better. Its not about making the game a solo game at all. Its just curbing the insanity we have now and limiting some of the mega advantages. Don't cater the game to small companies, but don't make it an unfair disadvantage either.

-CS

• Like 2

The reality is simply this...some people like to play in really large companies, and some do not.   People need to be honest about which they really want, and go with that.  At the same time, the Devs need to provide servers for both.  Many people did not come back, that were going to come back, because the word got out that the megas were going to Colonies, which did happen.  Companies of 50 people, are not small companies.  Most people run in groups of about a dozen people.  This should have been the target...maybe making it such that you could be in a company up to 24 people, or two or more companies, with the total alliance membership not exceeding 24.  Anyone caught acting in a manner of a large company, would be in violation of the TOS...exploiting weaknesses in the game code.  The rule should be simple...large companies are not allowed...do not do it outside of the game's mechanics.  Violators will be wiped.  Trading would be encouraged, but the system should incorporate minimum and maximum prices for things.

But, a better idea would be to just go to factions.  You still have companies, but you are aligned with a faction.  Like being part of a nation.  Instead of owning islands, you are given a small area to build in.  A land claim, like the old ones, but about the size of the Sea Claim.  And a second one that has to be placed along a shore, and covering a fair bit of water...for a port.  You could place a new one, to move, but that would start a 48 hour timer for decay, on your old structures.  Maybe a little longer.  Maybe up to a week.

What this would do is help incorporate small companies, and solos, into a larger network, where they are more protected, and can participate in many different activities, along with the faction.

11 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

Ultima Online

Star Wars Galaxies

Shadowbane

World of Warcraft

Eve Online

Mortal Online

Darkfall Online

Atlantica Online

Again this is Atlas not any of those other games is the same. This game was designed to be group against group action. You want solo go play fortnite with the other kiddies. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chucksteak said:

As far as I can tell, he is not asking for the game to be catered to solo people. Sure he feels that it is too hard to be a solo currently, but that was not his main point. 

His main point was that it shouldn't be always for the mega's every step of the way. That's what it has been.

The colonies server was for smaller companies, until the empires server was yanked, and then we raised the company cap to 75.

THAT WAS THE ONLY THING EVER DONE FOR SMALLER COMPANIES! They took it back just like that.

Allies up to 10, A.K.A. up to 750 people in 1 alliance. Absurd. The worst part, oh its gross, is they complain that the alliance cap is 10! I hear it daily.

I am in a small company, we allied into an alliance because obviously we had too. Or else you log in to see you've lost every ship, every week, to bigger companies just because the devs ONLY want mega play style catered too. The alliance, its always full (10 members), they always complain about the cap. OH and I am not supposed to attack some people.....

...HALF THE MAP....... HALF THE MAP! Does anyone else see the problem with this? I have had to cut out most of the PvP, in a PvP game, to live on someone else's island, at their discretion, just to have a chance to keep a ship around for a few days. All because we preferred to not be in a mega. Now look at us......the irony? Nay, the oppression, imposed by the devs choices.

Does no one else get bothered when they see a mega company's tag over 25-40 islands? Yeah ofc smaller companies are going to complain, and they should! Why in the FUCK is it even possible to own that many islands on a colony server? Its a 100% exploit on the scaling that is supposed to occur when you own more islands, 100% the dev's fault for not making this impossible. Then you have @Sheepshooter with the balls to say we should get rid of lawless grids!? The ONLY choice left to players who don't want to be subject to a mega's capriciousness. 

4. Why CAN'T island ownership be capped at 1 or 2? Making more available to smaller companies.

5. Why CAN't island upkeep be scaled off of company size? (again, incentive to be smaller, always incentive @Jatheish)

I hope you can all understand his criticism a little better. Its not about making the game a solo game at all. Its just curbing the insanity we have now and limiting some of the mega advantages. Don't cater the game to small companies, but don't make it an unfair disadvantage either.

-CS

1) Anchored ships would be used as defense towers.

2) cause 50 is not enough.

3) this hurts the little tribes because they are the ones that won't be allied, red is dead is how a lot of tribes operate so it becomes join or die.

4) land ownership is the current way to measure strength

5) The game was marketed to have massive naval battles adding penalties to being large would make it so they would just be small skirmishes. By scaling off company size you are literally catering to smaller companies -_-

1 hour ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

The reality is simply this...some people like to play in really large companies, and some do not.   People need to be honest about which they really want, and go with that.  At the same time, the Devs need to provide servers for both.  Many people did not come back, that were going to come back, because the word got out that the megas were going to Colonies, which did happen.  Companies of 50 people, are not small companies.  Most people run in groups of about a dozen people.  This should have been the target...maybe making it such that you could be in a company up to 24 people, or two or more companies, with the total alliance membership not exceeding 24.  Anyone caught acting in a manner of a large company, would be in violation of the TOS...exploiting weaknesses in the game code.  The rule should be simple...large companies are not allowed...do not do it outside of the game's mechanics.  Violators will be wiped.  Trading would be encouraged, but the system should incorporate minimum and maximum prices for things.

But, a better idea would be to just go to factions.  You still have companies, but you are aligned with a faction.  Like being part of a nation.  Instead of owning islands, you are given a small area to build in.  A land claim, like the old ones, but about the size of the Sea Claim.  And a second one that has to be placed along a shore, and covering a fair bit of water...for a port.  You could place a new one, to move, but that would start a 48 hour timer for decay, on your old structures.  Maybe a little longer.  Maybe up to a week.

What this would do is help incorporate small companies, and solos, into a larger network, where they are more protected, and can participate in many different activities, along with the faction.

There's a lot of things that could be added but currently they have more servers than are needed. For the server with 24 people that doesn't help casuals in smaller tribes you still have to deal with getting beaten by sheer economy.

Factions don't really work. Basically one faction will get substantially stronger and just wipe out the other. The other problem is you are then forcing small companies and solos to play with larger ones. The other problem is you then have trolls you don't want on your side and are stuck with them.

27 minutes ago, Harryplopper said:

Again this is Atlas not any of those other games is the same. This game was designed to be group against group action. You want solo go play fortnite with the other kiddies. 

A lot of people didn't do research on this game. People think this is supposed to be like Ark where you could solo the whole game.

~Lotus

40 minutes ago, Lotus said:

1) Anchored ships would be used as defense towers.

2) cause 50 is not enough.

3) this hurts the little tribes because they are the ones that won't be allied, red is dead is how a lot of tribes operate so it becomes join or die.

4) land ownership is the current way to measure strength

5) The game was marketed to have massive naval battles adding penalties to being large would make it so they would just be small skirmishes. By scaling off company size you are literally catering to smaller companies -_-

There's a lot of things that could be added but currently they have more servers than are needed. For the server with 24 people that doesn't help casuals in smaller tribes you still have to deal with getting beaten by sheer economy.

Factions don't really work. Basically one faction will get substantially stronger and just wipe out the other. The other problem is you are then forcing small companies and solos to play with larger ones. The other problem is you then have trolls you don't want on your side and are stuck with them.

A lot of people didn't do research on this game. People think this is supposed to be like Ark where you could solo the whole game.

~Lotus

1. OK, so? My original proposal says anchored ships cant take OR deal dmg. Problem solved. Super fair, at least until a proper bank is implemented.

2. 50 is more than enough. Remember, this was supposed to be for smaller companies? A server JUST FOR US? Its absurd to suggest you need more.

3. This doesn't hurt little tribes, at worst, it maintains the current status quo. It actually enforces a non mega setup however by not letting 750 people into 1 alliance. Surely you struggled writing that response.

4. This is an old system. To my knowledge there is nothing that establishes strength. Even so, this is a terrible metric as it reinforces bigger = better always. The exact thing I and many many others would like to change.

5a. Its the exact opposite, scaling island upkeep off of company size would make it even, as opposed to lopsided in a bigger companies favor, because math.

10 man own a 100g island = 10 g per person per upkeep

75 man own a 100g island = 1.333 g per person per upkeep

See the problem? See how its 100% lopsided? On top of that they now get taxes....

5b. As to the large scale naval battles, I've never seen more than 15-20 ships in a fight, far less than what you could field with a single 50 man company. The server couldn't even handle it. So we cant say that is even a viable reality in any situation at this point in time, regardless of what was advertised.

Lastly, yes I agree, factions are a terrible idea. I refuse to play any games with pre-set factions.

8 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

1. OK, so? My original proposal says anchored ships cant take OR deal dmg. Problem solved. Super fair, at least until a proper bank is implemented.

2. 50 is more than enough. Remember, this was supposed to be for smaller companies? A server JUST FOR US? Its absurd to suggest you need more.

3. This doesn't hurt little tribes, at worst, it maintains the current status quo. It actually enforces a non mega setup however by not letting 750 people into 1 alliance. Surely you struggled writing that response.

4. This is an old system. To my knowledge there is nothing that establishes strength. Even so, this is a terrible metric as it reinforces bigger = better always. The exact thing I and many many others would like to change.

5a. Its the exact opposite, scaling island upkeep off of company size would make it even, as opposed to lopsided in a bigger companies favor, because math.

10 man own a 100g island = 10 g per person per upkeep

75 man own a 100g island = 1.333 g per person per upkeep

See the problem? See how its 100% lopsided? On top of that they now get taxes....

5b. As to the large scale naval battles, I've never seen more than 15-20 ships in a fight, far less than what you could field with a single 50 man company. The server couldn't even handle it. So we cant say that is even a viable reality in any situation at this point in time, regardless of what was advertised.

Lastly, yes I agree, factions are a terrible idea. I refuse to play any games with pre-set factions.

1) Ok so now I just surround by island with invulnerable ships.

2) Colonies is for smaller companies compared to what it was. Dynasty had around 500 active members inside of it before wipe was announced.

3) When we were new to PvP's politics we found a smaller guy that was probably a tribe of about 10. We hit his base smashed his defenses, killed his animals, took what we could, popcorned the rest. This guy was  a tax tribe for a beta tribe for Dynasty. We were a Tax tribe for HSBB at the time. Dynasty and HSBB were super close (like a week before the merger). We basically hit an ally's ally because we didn't know they were allies and that guy lost all his stuff. This is when the setups was Alliance 1 the mega with it's betas. Alliance 2 is the Beta with allied megas. Alliance 3+ is the Beta with it's tax tribes. Who do you think will be getting left out with less alliances? The new mentality would be ok you want to live here join this tribe so you can be allied. If you arn't allied then run the risk of getting hit. DNG/DNH lists are always in place but sometimes stuff happens and basically we were taught to sink first sort out the politics later.

4) It's on the front page of the website and somebody was bragging about it to me a few days ago. The game is about purpose and for some that ladder means a lot.

5a) Maybe they should use actual tax information bigger company = less risk to a loan so they should have to spend less. Altering prices based on company size is dumb.

5b) How many people do you think each boat needs in PvP?

~Lotus

IMO the problem is this game is onedimensional, you are supposed  to do the same things if you are solo or in a 75 people group. So unless they dumb the game down so much the 75 man group is bored in a week, solo or even small groups won't be able to keep up. In pve that's not an issue but in pvp its a big problem, because your not only outnumbered but probably you will have also much worse gear and character, and in many cases you won't even be able to be online to defend yourself. 

Im gonna compare it to eve because some of you mentioned it, and because there was a very misleading article in pc gamer early in december just before release that stated this was eve online+ark. This game is not like eve in any way, even if they made you believe there is a resemblance. In eve everything was connected by the economy, there was more than 10 different ways of playing the game, practically none of them involved having your stuff up for grabs floating in the space while you weren't online, and you didn't even have to know how the others play because you could buy everything. In this game, everybody is supposed to do the same things, build a base and defences, get tames, farm resources and do the pve stuff that unlocks your adavancement. You can do all that being solo or small, it will just take you forever in comparison with bigger groups.

in my case i wasn't very interested in the survival genre but the eve comparisons made me try this game. I loved ship pvp from the beggining and i stayed. I was like many of you, i dont want to have an online boss, so i was in very small group that got a lot smaller as time passed.  As the fear of retaliation grew after attacking ships trying a kind of pirate playstyle( we only attacked ships that had cannons to defend themselves and never anchored ships, but everybody but our grid neighbours were kos for us) ,  i spent my last few weeks trying to do stuff i don't like and leaving behind ship pvp temporarily. Like building useless defences and breeding animals  to defend ourselves, and doing things we didn't care about but we felt force to do like doing powerstones ( they are ridiculously easy btw it just takes a lifetime to get to all of them). Last week we got finally offlined, the last friends that were still logging in regularly finally given up, and  the two of us left, merged into a big company as last atemp to keep playing.

After trying very hard to stay in a very small company, my advice would be, if you are playing pvp and don't like pve, try to join a big company, if you don't like it move on to another game. Sry for the wall of text.

22 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

... Then you have @Sheepshooter with the balls to say we should get rid of lawless grids!? ...

Hey, @WayneLaPierre 😏
not only that, let me show you how Spud Crowley size they are by not only getting rid of the LawLess.

But by also getting rid of the War/Peace-Timers and combining the PVE and PVP servers!

That would help with getting rid of the Toxic PVEing that this game can only handle in PVP setting.

But before you get total mindless hollywood over it, let me give you the twist to it:

- Everything on an claimed island is always fully protected from PVP, except the defined area around the claim flag, which is full PVP only.
- Anyone else who PVPs in the flag area will get his structures and ships PVP-able on the island for some time.
- In the claim flag area only the owner/allies are able to build everything.
- It becomes the Fort for the island to protect it from lawless raiding of everything on the island.
- Everyone can build all defensive structure they like, but they only work when the island gets unclaimed.
- And so that you not bitch anymore, taxes are fixed and are not reduced from your farming, therefore every inhabitant is a bonus for the owner, promoting getting people to your island.
- Owner can start auto-demolish timer on any structure at any time and loot in containers will disappear with the structure when timer runs out.

So we get rid of this sleepless stupidity of war timers and people that like it get their full PVP.. Yeah only the most active and/or large corps can hold an island 24/7. But you have to finally understand the island owner system is not a single player thing (not until the number of players is equal to the number of islands available...).

As the attacker gets his stuff PVP-able on the island, the owner can get rid of that FOBs and ships.

As the inhabitants are equal good for the current and the next owner, if the island becomes lawless it does not mean that everyone gets raided. As inhabitants are 'resources' for the owner more is better, pissing them off the island is not positive.

So PVE-ler are almost in full PVE. Only while lawless they can be attacked - but could help holding the Fort, maybe just by being part of the 24/7 protecting people. Could mean that small company could hold an island, because they amass enough people outside company to be fully manned at all time.

If a toxic PVE-ler structure blocks anyone else (resource spots, takes too much space) he does not loose all his stuff, because the owner cannot just demo or destroys it. He will get a warning that his structure is set to demo in X amount of time, giving him the option to take it down himself before the timer runs out and get some resources and his loot out.

Yes your PVE ships are only save while anchored. But...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbVVT3KOLAI

• Haha 1

Most ppl here rly missunderstood the Topic. It's ridicolous. Because it's a valid topic.

There have only been 1 single thing for small & mid-sizzed companys: the colonie server. And that got binned faster than you can say "bamboozeld".

The idea that everyone MUST like huge 75+ companies and love that playstyle is beyond me. I am convinced the majority absolutly does not want to play withing such huge groups. How do I know? Ppl prooved it by not joining the empire-server.

And even if we would agree on a 50/50 ratio of ppl that do NOT want to play with 74 other ppl in a company - it's 50% of the playerbase that has srs issues with how this game only caters to the huge groups.

There are ppl playing this game that have actually a job - some of us have enough ppl around us during work - bosses that are bossy - shitty collegues that claim your work was theirs and so on. WE DO NOT NEED THIS IN OUR FREETIME AS WELL. We want to play with our group of friends - the ppl we know. It's okay to ally up for some things. But that's about it.

Season 1 me and my group did our own thing. No allys, no nothing - we lived on lawless and we had an amazing time. So much real PvP! We were fighting megas and companys of all sizes. It was great.

Season 2 we decided we follow what everyone keeps saying here on the forum and teamed up with a mega. It's overall the most horrible exp I had in a game in a long time. We got screwd over, sold out, treated like Sh*/&(/(. We can't fight anyone, not even if they shoot at us first, before asking if it's an ally or a smurf from anyone. There is ZERO freedom. And frankly there is ZERO noteworthy PvP.
And it doesn't stop at the PvP-part - The PvE-Parts like Powerstones are even worse! The moment the leaders have their stone, the ships drives - even if there is more than half the ppl that didnt even had the time to run to the cave yet (and i talk here about only some few minutes).

The only one that profits from this are the few at the very top of the mega corps.

Can't wait for Blackwood! Because what all you people here forget: if it's only you megas left, you can't do your proxy-wars and need to either fight each other or have nothing to raid anymore. Without bases and small/middle-sized companies to raid - there is no raiding.
And belive me - they will ALL leave the moment Blackwood is available.

Instead of bashing the OP - u guys should be instrested in finding a solution to keep these players that feed you. Who else u gonna raid otherwise?

Edited by Sinappia

On 6/10/2019 at 7:18 PM, Chucksteak said:

-CS

Now the devs have no other choice but to deliver to zerg companies.

After the initial 30k solo and buddy tribemembers left the game, only small number hardcore small companies remained on pvp and even we had to be connected with zerg to avoid being zerged and to access end game content.

Warphase depending otribe size and alliance size would be a nice thing to try to balance out this problem, atleast on pvp.

15 hours ago, Sinappia said:

Most ppl here rly missunderstood the Topic. It's ridicolous. Because it's a valid topic.

There have only been 1 single thing for small & mid-sizzed companys: the colonie server. And that got binned faster than you can say "bamboozeld".

The idea that everyone MUST like huge 75+ companies and love that playstyle is beyond me. I am convinced the majority absolutly does not want to play withing such huge groups. How do I know? Ppl prooved it by not joining the empire-server.

And even if we would agree on a 50/50 ratio of ppl that do NOT want to play with 74 other ppl in a company - it's 50% of the playerbase that has srs issues with how this game only caters to the huge groups.

There are ppl playing this game that have actually a job - some of us have enough ppl around us during work - bosses that are bossy - shitty collegues that claim your work was theirs and so on. WE DO NOT NEED THIS IN OUR FREETIME AS WELL. We want to play with our group of friends - the ppl we know. It's okay to ally up for some things. But that's about it.

Season 1 me and my group did our own thing. No allys, no nothing - we lived on lawless and we had an amazing time. So much real PvP! We were fighting megas and companys of all sizes. It was great.

Season 2 we decided we follow what everyone keeps saying here on the forum and teamed up with a mega. It's overall the most horrible exp I had in a game in a long time. We got screwd over, sold out, treated like Sh*/&(/(. We can't fight anyone, not even if they shoot at us first, before asking if it's an ally or a smurf from anyone. There is ZERO freedom. And frankly there is ZERO noteworthy PvP.
And it doesn't stop at the PvP-part - The PvE-Parts like Powerstones are even worse! The moment the leaders have their stone, the ships drives - even if there is more than half the ppl that didnt even had the time to run to the cave yet (and i talk here about only some few minutes).

The only one that profits from this are the few at the very top of the mega corps.

Can't wait for Blackwood! Because what all you people here forget: if it's only you megas left, you can't do your proxy-wars and need to either fight each other or have nothing to raid anymore. Without bases and small/middle-sized companies to raid - there is no raiding.
And belive me - they will ALL leave the moment Blackwood is available.

Instead of bashing the OP - u guys should be instrested in finding a solution to keep these players that feed you. Who else u gonna raid otherwise?

Everything should be unlocked for everybody no progression or effort should be required. Since it's too hard to get it's the mega's faults. They are why all bad things happen in the world.

I am pretty sure if they had launched Empire's server with the new claim system it would have done better. Everybody hated that system. The meta to hit a mega was to just harass claims and force them to waste farm time to deal with your harass or you got a mortar down and started bombing their base Nakeds, Nakeds everywhere! 😄

All powerstones can be done with 1 person FYI.

It sounds like you joined a mega without doing much research on how they work. That is on you not on the mega. We joined one that was sink first sort out the politcal crap later 😄

Blackwood isn't going to be on official to my knowledge. I could see some people going to it but unofficial to me is gross. Some people enjoy it though.

Also I don't know where you got the 50% playerbase things from. I'm curious about that source.

~Lotus

On 6/11/2019 at 5:54 AM, znasser said:

IMO the problem is this game is onedimensional, you are supposed  to do the same things if you are solo or in a 75 people group. So unless they dumb the game down so much the 75 man group is bored in a week, solo or even small groups won't be able to keep up. In pve that's not an issue but in pvp its a big problem, because your not only outnumbered but probably you will have also much worse gear and character, and in many cases you won't even be able to be online to defend yourself. 

It's also  an issue in PvE.  The issues are a little different, but they're there.  You're still supposed to do the same things if you are solo or in a mega.  Same goals, same rewards.  I see a lot of people yelling in these threads that smalls and solos just can't expect to achieve the same things that megas can, but the problem is they've not given them anything else to achieve!    It's not a one to one matchup between smalls/megas and casual/hardcore players, but they align a good bit.  Hardcore players can do things that take more than a couple hours in the game, like organizing huge raids with big groups and breeding animals that require someone be online for insane amounts of time.  They can do things that must be done with no interruptions.  Casuals require things to do that can be done in smaller amounts of time, and most are happy to do that, even if it takes them weeks to complete.  Those things usually bore hardcore players, and they consider them "grind" or useless chores they need to do to get to the fun parts.  They're happy to have those kinds of things put into easy mode while asking for the things they like to do to be put in harder mode.

Games attempting to cater to the smalls/solos/casuals often use skills like crafting, exploration or speciality farming to appeal to those players, but this game has not done that so far, with weak and shallow crafting lines, exploration rewards of xp only, and farming mats en masse.  Hopefully that will change.

On 6/7/2019 at 9:12 AM, Talono said:

Why lock them out from fun stuff like subs and torpedoes

you know you can get the sub without needeing to be in a big company or having any of the power stones. just go to H8 and hope someones doing it and help out kill the kraken.

noones gonna attack you... atleast not till its dead.

18 hours ago, Sinappia said:

The only thing that got proven with the empire and colonies servers - which everyone predicted before - that the few large follow the many small...
And that there are way more small than larger...
Who wants to be the last one to make the light out - king of the empty world? - Talono it was... begging that people would come to the empire server so he can get wiped again, because there would be more people, if his begging would have worked... so he could come to the forums to complain again about too many people grieving him...

So if you think there should be a different server for small and large groups, tell us all how that should work?

But keep in mind, it does not matter how much you try to limit crew count and alliance members, people will always be able to organize large groups with third party tools.
And also think how you limit the ability of small groups to compete, if they cannot have large alliances of other small groups protecting each other from the large ones.
An alliance of 5 small groups is smaller than an alliance of 5 medium/large groups. But an unlimited alliance of small groups can be bigger than a few large ones.

The only thing you achieve by limiting group sizes, is to make it a little more logistics in organizing a big group - you are not stopping big groups from being with this.
And I am talking from the small group perspective, and we already have the problem that not even all our companies on the island can be in one alliance for protection from the big fishes...

So how, tell us, will you make it that large groups do not form, while you cannot physically stop it. What game play feature would that be?
Because without it there is no talking about it, just accepting the facts.
Or are you thinking along the lines, that anyone organizing large formations outside the game and limits is "cheating" and has to be banned...?
And what happens when your own group reached the threshold becoming "too big"? Let me guess, "raise the limit!"

And then I read that you cannot be a pirate because you have to be in a mega alliance and the tell you who to not attack - and enforce that...
Well nothing easier than that. Leave the alliance and attack who you want. But do not complain that you cannot do that for long, because you get wiped all day by the people that organized some civilization by enforcing not to pirate your own... you know, like in real life...
Just shut down your computer, go outside and rape and pillage in RealLife, see how that will go.
"Dear judge, I am the victim, everyone else is after me, because I don't play by the community rules... you have to change the rules so I can rape in pillage, without getting raped and pillaged!"

Again, how do you want to keep the it to small groups, while you cannot stop people that want to be together from being together?

Why would anyone want to play a solo if the game they want to play is a multiplayer game???  and then complain cause it don't have solo content???   Is this some kinda mental illness.  

I love grape cool-aid, but every time I drink water it doesn't taste like grape cool-aid and I get mad and start complaining!

Expecting solo content in a multiplayer game is like expecting tap water to taste like grape cool-aid!!!  STOP THE INSANITY!