Sign in to follow this  
Talono

More love for casual players/small tribes

3 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

I don't know maybe the Email I got saying 

Come back and Enjoy the new Mega Patch with a New Server Designed for Small groups and Cooperative game play!!!!  <----  Thats what the damned email said.

I came back and they did a freaking BAIT and SWITCH

Also right here in this Official New Update!

Colonies PvP: Freeform building, with more progress-protecting and time-enforced PvP rules creating a cooperative atmosphere, and limits to ensure the game is more oriented towards single players and small to mid-sized groups. We’ll have two official networks available for this mode, one in Europe and one in North America. 

It says it's designed for small to mid-sized groups. When that was released your tribe limit was 500 and the megas were multiple 500 man tribes. So a tribe with 75 is still small based on that. So we got what was promised delivered.

The economy in this game doesn't work because there's nothing that is really hard to get. They made everything so easy for everybody. When tames could only be tamed by 1 type of food they were worth a lot more time and energy so you had something that was a precious commodity. You also could not grow everything everywhere which made them even harder to get. The game has nothing that is so hard that you need anything beyond basic weapons/armor in PvE. This makes it so you have no reason to make the crafted gear. 1 week after the wipe we had 100k ready to spend on anything good that came out. The problem is there's nothing hard to get for crafting so you can't really farm things to sell that are specialized. So basically the market in this game is nothing but supply, no demand, no economy. This post is about making it even easier to get stuff which I'm just like this game is already a pinata how much easier do people want it?

~Lotus

Edited by Lotus

On 6/7/2019 at 4:28 PM, Sydhart said:

Kiting the hydra on a boat while crew kills it with ballista is not an exploit and neither is taking a bunch of carbines and climbing into a tower and shooting it down. It does take a while but you can do it.

See this is the problem..

It actually is.   Is it a fair exploit? Maybe.. but it is exploiting the games mechanics.   The hydra should get an aggressive swim speed upgrade and the ability to attack with ranged at ships. 

It should also move away from targets it cannot access, ie those on towers.. etc.  Like torpor damage does to dinos in ark. 

People should have to tame packs of elephants, bears, tigers etc to kill mythical creatures with.. not resolve these by using simple mechanics exploits.

And the taming process should be streamlined to enable people solo or in groups to do this.

Also 9 stones? Really.. was 10 just too boring? Why not just 4.. once you've killed 4 hydras.. they're almost as boring to kill as 4 whales.. or well 4 anything.   Make the game fun again, take out the grinding and obvious exploitable mechanics.   Everyone should be in the Ice Caves.. not the few tag along solo's leeching off the work of big companies.

Also keep the 9 power stone locations, just allow 4 stones to summon the kraken, maybe have different krakens spawn for different combinations of 4 powerstones.

Edited by Martyn

1 hour ago, Lotus said:

It says it's designed for small to mid-sized groups. When that was released your tribe limit was 500 and the megas were multiple 500 man tribes. So a tribe with 75 is still small based on that. So we got what was promised delivered.

The economy in this game doesn't work because there's nothing that is really hard to get. They made everything so easy for everybody. When tames could only be tamed by 1 type of food they were worth a lot more time and energy so you had something that was a precious commodity. You also could not grow everything everywhere which made them even harder to get. The game has nothing that is so hard that you need anything beyond basic weapons/armor in PvE. This makes it so you have no reason to make the crafted gear. 1 week after the wipe we had 100k ready to spend on anything good that came out. The problem is there's nothing hard to get for crafting so you can't really farm things to sell that are specialized. So basically the market in this game is nothing but supply, no demand, no economy. This post is about making it even easier to get stuff which I'm just like this game is already a pinata how much easier do people want it?

~Lotus

Makes our company of 25 look like a small group of solo players.

Lotus - you take everything personal and meassure the entire world in your own meassurement. There are other people in this world as well, people with diffrent lifes and exp, ppl from diffrent countries and diffrent cultures. The same word does not always have the same meaning for 2 people (just look at british english and american english). Stop forcing your own narrowed view onto others - because frankly, this is what makes our world being how it is now. Try for once to actually understand what people are saying and what it could mean for THEM and not what you decide it means.

There is no absolute truth when it comes to social interactions. And yet you keep claiming that only your pov is the one true one.

On a note - when they wrote about settler-server, they changed their phrasing as well after a while to: Solo- & small-companys. They removed even the mid-size wording. You can go and look it up here on the forum. I payed speciall attention to this because during the PTR it was 50 and there was heated discussions going on about this. There was clear feedback that this is not solo or small-company-size.

Also - u claim 75 is small based on a mega having 500 ppl. Don't you see that exactly this is the problem? You base your entire argument on ONE SINGLE pov: the mega. From the POV of let's say a group of 5 friends - 75 is not small. It's the big fish. From the POV of a solo or duo-player - 75 is not small.

These POVs are as accurate as yours.

Decided to bring in some math here because maybe some ppl can deal with math better:

500 = 100%
75 = 15% (decrease to a bit less than 1/5th, compared to 500 ppl you are outnumberd 1 to 6.67)

5 = 100%
75 = 15 times bigger (you are outnumberd 1 to 15)

2 = 100%
75 = 37.5 times bigger ( you are outnumberd 1 to 37.5)

Looking at the raw numbers there is a huge diffrence on fighting 75 vs 500 than your average 5 vs 75 (which is the current state).

Edited by Sinappia
added some math

41 minutes ago, Sinappia said:

Lotus - you take everything personal and meassure the entire world in your own meassurement. There are other people in this world as well, people with diffrent lifes and exp, ppl from diffrent countries and diffrent cultures. The same word does not always have the same meaning for 2 people (just look at british english and american english). Stop forcing your own narrowed view onto others - because frankly, this is what makes our world being how it is now. Try for once to actually understand what people are saying and what it could mean for THEM and not what you decide it means.

There is no absolute truth when it comes to social interactions. And yet you keep claiming that only your pov is the one true one.

On a note - when they wrote about settler-server, they changed their phrasing as well after a while to: Solo- & small-companys. They removed even the mid-size wording. You can go and look it up here on the forum. I payed speciall attention to this because during the PTR it was 50 and there was heated discussions going on about this. There was clear feedback that this is not solo or small-company-size.

Also - u claim 75 is small based on a mega having 500 ppl. Don't you see that exactly this is the problem? You base your entire argument on ONE SINGLE pov: the mega. From the POV of let's say a group of 5 friends - 75 is not small. It's the big fish. From the POV of a solo or duo-player - 75 is not small.

These POVs are as accurate as yours.

Decided to bring in some math here because maybe some ppl can deal with math better:

500 = 100%
75 = 15% (decrease to a bit less than 1/5th, compared to 500 ppl you are outnumberd 1 to 6.67)

5 = 100%

2 = 100%

Looking at the raw numbers there is a huge diffrence on fighting 75 vs 500 than your average 5 vs 75 (which is the current state).

I don't take it personal?

So what I said is a mega is composed of multiple 500 man companies. This was not my PoV though I thought a mega was a big tribe I was corrected by multiple sources, multiple times, The way it was explained is why would they not just call it a large tribe and I was like oh I see. Megas are actually an alliance of multiple large tribes. So I will use CSTG as an example at one point they were rumored to have 2500-3500 people. That dwarfs a company of 500. I think you need to learn to read better because you have problems comprehending what I write. You also keep trying to point out my PoV is this and that, like you know anything about my PoV. I believe you don't even know your own PoV... I pointed that out in a post already though... now you have a post of... well I fail to see a point you are making, it's just you trying to like puff your chest out at me cause I hurt your feelings or something finished off with some ratios... I got a good laugh out of it though 😄

My goal is to see that the game is challenging for people. All content currently can be completed in a 3 day weekend as a solo player if you know what to do. That is 0-100% being the only person in your tribe. This game really only requires 3 skills to make it easy.

1) Ability to perform the tasks required. (more people in your tribe diminishes this.)

2) Ability to find information to achieve a goal. (more people diminish this because they can explain it)

3) Ability to network with other people. (more people will make it so you need less people... duh...)

Those things right there make this game way too easy even as a solo. If you are missing 1 of those 3 then this game can be challenging.

Time for math so 2500 to 500 is a 5:1. The servers cap around 150 though... so 1/2 of 150 should be the limit to have 2 capped tribes fight... so the limit should be 75... wait a minute.... (This is an actual PoV I have) The tribe limits have nothing to do with what people want but are based on server performance and limitations to hardware. 🤔

2 hours ago, Martyn said:

Makes our company of 25 look like a small group of solo players.

Dude I thought we big with 100 members and I thought we were wealthy prewipe... then I saw the way Dynasty was throwing resources around like they were nothing. It was a humbling experience.

Now as a group of 25 how do you feel about the difficulty of the game?

😄

~Lotus

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Lotus said:

I don't take it personal?

So what I said is a mega is composed of multiple 500 man companies. This was not my PoV though I thought a mega was a big tribe I was corrected by multiple sources, multiple times, The way it was explained is why would they not just call it a large tribe and I was like oh I see. Megas are actually an alliance of multiple large tribes. So I will use CSTG as an example at one point they were rumored to have 2500-3500 people. That dwarfs a company of 500. I think you need to learn to read better because you have problems comprehending what I write. You also keep trying to point out my PoV is this and that, like you know anything about my PoV. I believe you don't even know your own PoV... I pointed that out in a post already though... now you have a post of... well I fail to see a point you are making, it's just you trying to like puff your chest out at me cause I hurt your feelings or something finished off with some ratios... I got a good laugh out of it though 😄

My goal is to see that the game is challenging for people. All content currently can be completed in a 3 day weekend as a solo player if you know what to do. That is 0-100% being the only person in your tribe. This game really only requires 3 skills to make it easy.

1) Ability to perform the tasks required. (more people in your tribe diminishes this.)

2) Ability to find information to achieve a goal. (more people diminish this because they can explain it)

3) Ability to network with other people. (more people will make it so you need less people... duh...)

Those things right there make this game way too easy even as a solo. If you are missing 1 of those 3 then this game can be challenging.

Time for math so 2500 to 500 is a 5:1. The servers cap around 150 though... so 1/2 of 150 should be the limit to have 2 capped tribes fight... so the limit should be 75... wait a minute.... (This is an actual PoV I have) The tribe limits have nothing to do with what people want but are based on server performance and limitations to hardware. 🤔

Dude I thought we big with 100 members and I thought we were wealthy prewipe... then I saw the way Dynasty was throwing resources around like they were nothing. It was a humbling experience.

Now as a group of 25 how do you feel about the difficulty of the game?

😄

~Lotus

So basically if you aren’t competent enough to do those 3 things then You should join a mega? Yeah I pretty much figured that already.

56 minutes ago, Realist said:

So basically if you aren’t competent enough to do those 3 things then You should join a mega? Yeah I pretty much figured that already.

If you can't do those you still struggle soloing the game. A group of 5 makes the PvE simple 15 people can just zerg the content. It also depends on what mega means to people now though. If you perform at 1/2 the level you say you do you will solo the game and be bored of PvE in no more than a week.

~Lotus

4 minutes ago, Lotus said:

If you can't do those you still struggle soloing the game. A group of 5 makes the PvE simple 15 people can just zerg the content. It also depends on what mega means to people now though. If you perform at 1/2 the level you say you do you will solo the game and be bored of PvE in no more than a week.

~Lotus

I don’t play pve but yeah I like a challenge, that is why my buddy and I always break off into a 2 man. Gotta give the game at least a small chance lol.

once it comes out on console I post some pictures. We like building big

30 minutes ago, Realist said:

I don’t play pve but yeah I like a challenge, that is why my buddy and I always break off into a 2 man. Gotta give the game at least a small chance lol.

once it comes out on console I post some pictures. We like building big

Is it interesting big though or big square box big? 🤔

In update v207.93 they made some cool changes related to large store and resource box however it seems that good things can never come without an NERF.  🤡

9 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Depends. On ark it was box big but that is how ark pvp goes.

on Conan exiles I did pve conflict and that was interesting big.

on ark I wasn’t worried about pretty lol. 

11 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

If I do some pve on atlas I will do interesting big as well

46 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

This is what my buddy and I built in Conan. Only 2 weeks

he is new to YouTube but if you watch the full 23 minutes he gives some backstory 

1 hour ago, Lotus said:

~Lotus

900+ hours into pve and still not bored. I find pvp boring.. run in circles all day dying or killing someone elses avatar.. has to be the most boring thing a player can do.

Wrong ! PVE is boring and only for warm shower takers.

Destroying a tribe solo, because they dont have skill, knowledge and a plan, that is my personal fun here.

Do you know why homo neanderthalis lost against homo sapiens ? He was more bulky, much stronger and could take more damage.

The power of imagination was missing.. the same valid for 99,998% of all Atlas players joining a mega tribe, because the IQ to archive anything on their own is missing.

Edited by Talono

2 hours ago, Talono said:

Wrong ! PVE is boring and only for warm shower takers.

Destroying a tribe solo, because they dont have skill, knowledge and a plan, that is my personal fun here.

Do you know why homo neanderthalis lost against homo sapiens ? He was more bulky, much stronger and could take more damage.

The power of imagination was missing.. the same valid for 99,998% of all Atlas players joining a mega tribe, because the IQ to archive anything on their own is missing.

What is he wrong about? His opinion that he doesn't find PvE boring or that he finds PvP boring, because I can tell you now neither is wrong when it is his personal opinion. The way he describes PvP is probably accurate for quite a few players. You may play PvP different but doesn't mean everyone else does.

Edited by [GP] Guybrush Threepwood

Generally, pvp in atlas is boring af. Ark is superior. No wonder ark has huge player base over the course of years and atlas is declining. Talono, I warmly recommend moving to new arkpocalypse servers. No fat bases no megas, 30 days and wipe, x3 all. Fun.

Edited by gnihar

Ohhh yeah that‘s so True. I Love this Game, the sea, my animals, my ship and my crew. But what is Happen Last patches? You need this f***ig 9 powerstones for us with 3 Member is that Not realy funy. Without powerstone You can Not kill a Krake, no ice dungen also the endgame is for Use Nothing. What can we do? Build a base, Build Some Ships and kill some ghostships.... that is Atlas for a Little Company. 

I think when nothing is Happen we must Quit with Atlas, and Atlas lost many Player Last weeks. 

4 hours ago, Raumio said:

Ohhh yeah that‘s so True. I Love this Game, the sea, my animals, my ship and my crew. But what is Happen Last patches? You need this f***ig 9 powerstones for us with 3 Member is that Not realy funy. Without powerstone You can Not kill a Krake, no ice dungen also the endgame is for Use Nothing. What can we do? Build a base, Build Some Ships and kill some ghostships.... that is Atlas for a Little Company. 

I think when nothing is Happen we must Quit with Atlas, and Atlas lost many Player Last weeks. 

I am pretty sure the powerstones are easy(haven’t played yet, but then again, all games are easy for me). I feel you though. I wasn’t minimizing what you said at all and i agree with you. 

If you have a console, my buddy and I can help you with anything you need once it releases.

i am pretty sure this game will be a piece of cake and I am always willing to help others. If I get bored I might even grind you out a galleon for free.

I think, with ARK, there was more of a sense of things to do, for most people, mostly because there are now so many dinos to tame, and some people got into the breeding for the colors.  So, I saw people just set up bases, tame stuff, and rarely do any of the artifact bosses, and never do the main bosses, like Rockwell.

On 6/7/2019 at 9:12 AM, Talono said:

Guys

i really enjoy my pirate life inside your persistant Atlas world. I just dont like how you absolutely focus on mega patches only for mega tribes.

I am quite sure that the majority of your players are solos/small tribes/casuals. Why lock them out from fun stuff like subs and torpedoes ? One of the big advantages in Conan Exiles is the ability for everybody to gain anything solo. Not easily, but with the correct preparation and planning.

Please consider a similar strategy and i am quite sure that the 50.000 players from game launch in december will be back here soon.

Dont let the Atlas galleon crush into the next iceberg.

You dont have to be in a large company to do the kraken or the ice dungeon...

THe ice dungeon has already been 3 manned and the kraken was something you can snipe by ramming into the circle.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2019 at 2:35 PM, DocHolliday said:

CS has clearly stated he does not want real life "fairness".  He wants his brand of "fairness" forced upon all.  Man that sounds like real life politics these days. 

Wait, what? When did I ever day I was against fairness? I voiced opinions for some balancing tweeks that would make some aspects of the game more fair and balanced with reguards to company size. 

On 6/15/2019 at 4:59 AM, Sinappia said:

500 = 100%

5 = 100%

2 = 100%

He is immune to math. Those funny non letters mean nothing to him. 

For @Lotus the math is and should always be;

Bigger = better

Don't even mention scaling or proportional ratios. You will just recieve a picture of his favorite actor 

2 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

He is immune to math. Those funny non letters mean nothing to him. 

For @Lotus the math is and should always be;

Bigger = better

Don't even mention scaling or proportional ratios. You will just recieve a picture of his favorite actor 

I've never posted a picture of Sasha Grey on these forums...

~Lotus