Sign in to follow this  
Talono

More love for casual players/small tribes

Guys

i really enjoy my pirate life inside your persistant Atlas world. I just dont like how you absolutely focus on mega patches only for mega tribes.

I am quite sure that the majority of your players are solos/small tribes/casuals. Why lock them out from fun stuff like subs and torpedoes ? One of the big advantages in Conan Exiles is the ability for everybody to gain anything solo. Not easily, but with the correct preparation and planning.

Please consider a similar strategy and i am quite sure that the 50.000 players from game launch in december will be back here soon.

Dont let the Atlas galleon crush into the next iceberg.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I keep seeing these posts about the game being only for mega tribes but I don't think you've actually TRIED to do anything proactive to participate in the "fun stuff". 

Have you tried hanging out in the Golden Age ruins to see if anyone was killing the hydra? Or asked if you could tag along with a mid size or large tribe when they are doing one? I mean, you just need to be close to the hydra when it dies to get a keystone and then run to the powerstone cave and run through to get a Powerstone.

I'm not part of a mega tribe and I have all 9 powerstones and I only play maybe 5 to 10 hours a week.

Edited by Sydhart
  • Like 1

As example:

In vanilla world of warcraft u had to beat bosses with 40 ppl. 40ppl and no one had to fail and just there u gained bis items, mounts etc...

so why should it be more fun, if u can do and earn everything without a challenge?

I can't imagine, that 30'000ppl would say: "dude, in Atlas it's all for free now and there are no challenges at all. Let's play again, it sounds like fun!" <-- really?!

Good question Lotus!

Let's make a list of what you can't do solo.

I can't think of a single thing that you can't do solo if you just put a little work and imagination into it. 

Funny,

megas answering the solo questions. No, you can not kill the Kraken solo, or aquire the 9 power stones. You can kill the Hydra by using exploits, but not the dragon.

Golden age ruins are extremly unhealthy, if you have any hints how to avoid the one hitting light speed cyclops i would be grateful.

So, as you asked for a list :

No brigs and galleons for solos (you cant prevent offline sinking AND your skill points are not enough solo, if you also want to have weapons and armor)

No sub, no torpedoes

No tools/weapons above blue (treasure guards too difficult), no mythical (not enough skill points and mythos too difficult to aquire]

Edited by Talono
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Our company is super casual and we have done so much.  It's a big world and the people we meet are nice.  We haven't done some of the new stuff cause we are slower going through the content and exploring.   I would hate this game if it was so easy I had done it all by now.

Like lotus said and others agreed with, you can do everything solo minus Kraken and even that someone will probably solo at some point.  Just takes time.  Read the forums, lots of people inviting for powerstones, kraken, ice cave, etc this weekend.

As a solo person I could join them just like in WoW or other games mentioned here and in other posts for an instance run, LFG, raid, etc.  If you dont really want to talk tell them.  They invite to a discord?  say you dont have a mic.

13 minutes ago, Talono said:

Funny,

megas answering the solo questions. No, you can not kill the Kraken solo, or aquire the 9 power stones. You can kill the Hydra by using exploits, but not the dragon.

Golden age ruins are extremly unhealthy, if you have any hints how to avoid the one hitting light speed cyclops i would be grateful.

No brigs and galleons for solos (you cant prevent offline sinking AND your skill points are not enough solo, if you also want to have weapons and armor)

No sub, no torpedoes

No tools/weapons above blue (treasure guards too difficult), no mythical (not enough skill points and mythos too difficult to aquire]

1. Kraken is very difficult solo I will give you that.  We have a member who has done just this.  It took him quite a few attempts, but he did it.  Also we have had solos tag along when doing the Kraken run and gotten credit for it. 

2. Hydra can be killed solo.  We do it all the time.  Dragon?  Don't bother.  Kill a Hydra and take that power stone to the other power stone island.  Stones collected from one source can be used at any other island.  They are not specific to that one island.

3. Cyclops?  Walk around.   All islands have a direct approach to the cave entrance.  Many times this is not the best approach.  Go around.

4. We have solos living in our zones with these boats and they have torpedos and subs. 

5. This I cannot speak to, but judging by the chatter in global and the other assets they have I would not be surprised if they have high end gear.  Mythos?  I know for a fact they have this as they talk about farming it with the larger companies. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Talono said:

Funny,

No sub, no torpedoes

I'm not in a mega tribe. I'm in a small but organized tribe of different intelligent people from all over the world that love to play.

Kiting the hydra on a boat while crew kills it with ballista is not an exploit and neither is taking a bunch of carbines and climbing into a tower and shooting it down. It does take a while but you can do it. 

You can also solo the drake the same way by kiting it to the beach and having crew members on ballista while you shoot it with a carbine and duck in and out of cover when it comes close. It takes skill and practice but you can do it.

Yeah, the ruins are dangerous but you can avoid most of the stuff with a little patience and using high ground for visibility. If you are running out in the open then expect to die like any rabbit running through a field full of wolves.

I don't understand your comments about skill points. You need to level up! I'm level 81 and have more skill points than I know what to do with. I leveled up by playing smart. Find a higher level treasure map on a new island (for exploration XP bonus), play an XP bonus song, do this on a 2x weekend, and you can get a crap ton of experience. I got 90K experience soloing a purple treasure map on a bear during the 3X weekend. 

Oh, and don't come back and say you can't get level 81 because you are capped at 55. Go explore ffs. I have over 1,500 exploration points. I got those by fully exploring zones (solo), doing powerstones (some of those solo), soloing whales, finding the friendly mermaid (solo), etc. 

Based on your comment about the Brig and Galleon, I'm guessing you are on a PvP server. So, my only comment is MASS MULTIPLAYER PVP GAME! What do you expect is going to happen ffs. You as a solo are going to be able to build and compete against an organized PvP group?

You can easily solo a masterwork map with a higher level bear and spec'd into healing and fury. As you are trying to SOLO on a PvP server this might be difficult to obtain though. 

Mythos is easy to farm. You can farm Yetis in the tundra for a ton of mythos. I got 10K in no time on a bonus weekend with 2 bears (riding one and one for damage support).

Edited by Sydhart
  • Like 1

Rather than asking for more for "solos and smalls" I'd ask for more things that aren't just a new boss raid with loot for it.  Overall game improvements - new ship types for example.  First on my wish list would be a crafting revamp making crafting more exclusive with deeper crafting trees, a bigger variety of items, and things that are actually worth putting in a store.  Craftng rewards (BPs, improvements and special items) ought to be rewards for doing a crafting thing, not a boss mob thing.

The side benefit is that this is something solos and smalls can put time into and get good at and gives them some goals to go after.

1 hour ago, Forb Hidden said:

In vanilla world of warcraft u had to beat bosses with 40 ppl.

Argh dont!

Some people literally died preparing for these 40 man raids.  We all remember Snowly

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-368088/Gaming-world-mourns-girl-virtual-funeral.html

This is what happens when game devs make games 'challenging' to the point of ridiculous.  Snowly died prepping for the BWL raid, and devs had created such a monster 'dungeon' that saw players farming material for potions etc days became a necessity.

I burned out at the end of the Wrath of the Lich King, never looked back, I now couldn't bring myself to do any of it again.  Everything for me now has to be solo, or accomplish-able solo.  Doesn't make me a snowflake, it makes me sensible.

Defending Atlas, everything can be done without doing crazy prep.  Loads of excellent players have open invites for Kraken, for the Ice caves, powerstones etc.  No one has to look further than a small reply on forum to join in, and tag along, without the compliance and stringent set of Ts&Cs that come in with being someone elses slave.

Atlas is ok.. it's got the middle ground.  

9 minutes ago, Talono said:

Funny,

No sub, no torpedoes

I'm curious what defines as an exploit with the hydra. The only way to kill the hydra is a boat or LoS. The dragon is killable solo using a boat or LoS aswell.

Order of difficulty for powerstone islands. Gorgon (easy kills) < Cyclops (can kill under most circumstances, You can hit R to enter combat mode and dodge the club while you run from them you can also jump and avoid the damage if you time it right) < Fire Elemental (Very low chance to kill but it can also fly) = Rock Elemental (No way to kill to my knowledge but you can run and outplay) I'm not counting the leatherwing, razors, shieldhorns cause they are super weak.

For PvP you just need to be online during wartime.

You can have all the skill points you need, you just need to get to roughly level 100.

For sub go with allies. For polar go with allies. You need a substantial amount of mythos for torpedoes.

I solo'd a 25+ quality map in less than 1 week.

Mythos is easy. Kill gorgons or cyclops.

I think the problem is you play PvP as a solo. This causes the PvE aspect to become out of reach for you. So you could join a bigger tribe and get the protection from it or you can go to PvE and get the content easily as a solo player.

~Lotus

14 minutes ago, Remcott said:

Our company is super casual and we have done so much.  It's a big world and the people we meet are nice.  We haven't done some of the new stuff cause we are slower going through the content and exploring.   I would hate this game if it was so easy I had done it all by now.

Like lotus said and others agreed with, you can do everything solo minus Kraken and even that someone will probably solo at some point.  Just takes time.  Read the forums, lots of people inviting for powerstones, kraken, ice cave, etc this weekend.

As a solo person I could join them just like in WoW or other games mentioned here and in other posts for an instance run, LFG, raid, etc.  If you dont really want to talk tell them.  They invite to a discord?  say you dont have a mic.

Kraken 1.0 can be done solo. We had atleast 2 people do it prewipe. Haven't done it postwipe cause the desire is not there. I took a swing at it but journeyman stuff is not good enough and the boat I built was kinda a test boat that failed. Also the SotD ram you now and push your crew off your boat which is super annoying.

~Lotus

• Like 1

You can build and sail some things just are not meant for solo play, and that's OK.

Also you don't need to be in a "Mega" to do everything. 10 active players can do just fine with most of everything.

12 hours ago, Lotus said:

What can't be done as a solo?

~Lotus

It's not a matter of what can and can't be done solo, its a matter of Mega Company's ruining the game for smaller groups!  Its really that simple...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sulfurblade said:

It's not a matter of what can and can't be done solo, its a matter of Mega Company's ruining the game for smaller groups!  Its really that simple...

Seemed to me that he was talking about how the game is too hard for smaller tribes to do the high end content.

People can group up. If people have a problem with people grouping then they are playing the wrong game. It's that simple...

~Lotus

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Talono said:

Not true, I have soloed lvl 97 treasure guards on a 2000+ gold map of around 23 quality it yielded mythical blueprints and mythos can be farmed solo from yetis

you can kill the hydra with a sloop and one medium cannon solo...

that was a good tip docholliday!

Kill a Hydra and take that power stone to the other power stone island.  Stones collected from one source can be used at any other island.  They are not specific to that one island.

you can leech the kraken v1 and v2 on a raft/sloop easy...

you can solo almost all treasure maps if they are not on top of a mountain or in golden age ruins but you probably want a bear or something similiar to kill the army...

well ok i gues the yeti would be too hard to do solo because of weight limitations but otherwise it would be easy solo...

as a solo player you can not really protect your ships or tames BUT they are also the most fragile for mega tribes... the only real difference here is that the megas have the gold to surround their stuff with puckles... if we just talk about your base you can build it to be like +90% raid prove if you know how even solo...

Edited by Wichtelman

18 hours ago, Lotus said:

I think the problem is you play PvP as a solo. This causes the PvE aspect to become out of reach for you. So you could join a bigger tribe and get the protection from it or you can go to PvE and get the content easily as a solo player.

~Lotus

Do you know EVE Online?

The mmo with the purest and most unforgiving asymmettical pvp ever?

Guess what, there are people in the game that will single handedly wipe the floor with your lousy, ignorant, arrogant ass.

Or at least they will escape in 99.9% of the cases.

I find it incredibly repulsive and arrogant for a member of a big tribe to tell the smaller ones to just become bigger and that it was ok to lock smaller tribes out of the chances of ever succeeding against a larger group.

Fucking brainless zerg wankers.

It is a fundamental flaw with the game that progress of any sort is always one dimensional.

Bigger is always better.

Larger numbers are always better.

There is no way of exploiting the fact that the opposition brought too many big guns and too few of the small ones.

Edited by user1
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, user1 said:

Do you know EVE Online?

The mmo with the purest and most unforgiving asymmettical pvp ever?

Guess what, there are people in the game that will single handedly wipe the floor with your lousy, ignorant, arrogant ass.

Or at least they will escape in 99.9% of the cases.

I find it incredibly repulsive and arrogant for a member of a big tribe to tell the smaller ones to just become bigger and that it was ok to lock smaller tribes out of the chances of ever succeeding against a larger group.

Fucking brainless zerg wankers.

The Eve game that was time invested = higher level implants as a way to make you play more rather than better? I played that game for about a week before I got tired of getting capped. I did have a buddy that was in part of a big group I think they were called corps. The way he explained it is if you were not in part of their mega you got "podded" which was basically everything on your person gone. So as anybody near their zone which were these interdimensional rift things they would just kill you. So I don't really understand the point you are making when you reference that.

At the same time you want the game to have it set up so a solo player can fight off 75 people and win like some kinda ultra mecha special snowflake. I think the reason is you are upset because in your mind you are this amazing awesome super powerful player, in reality the game shows you that you arn't capable of outperforming multiple people. If they make the game easier then the bigger companies will just beat you down with superior economy. Difficulty for play does not scale up in PvP the bigger numbers will still be beating you.

I told him if his desire is the PvE aspect of the game will be easier to get by either joining another tribe or going to PvE. Sorry that is beyond your comprehension.

~Lotus

You wouldn't be supposed to win a 1vs75 fight, but you definitely could have a serious chance of escaping. And with the right setup you could definitely win even a 1vs5 situation.

If you sting into the hornets nest and went to a station (island) in the territory of a huge coalition, you'd obviously need the numbers to match them, but that could be avoided and you could just engage smaller groups of them when they were hauling stuff about.

There need to be exploitable weaknesses for EVERYTHING! Even for big numbers.

Maybe a massive AOE damage something that will hit tightly clumped fleet harder that smaller ones that are spread further apart.

Maybe some long range weapons that get a really huge bonus when used on smaller ships?

Or just start giving heavier ships some real inertia. Galleons accelerating like a fricking top fuel dragster while reaching formula 1 top speed pretty much removes every chance of employing any sort of strategy to kill them, regardless of their admittedly crappy turning rate.

22 hours ago, user1 said:

You wouldn't be supposed to win a 1vs75 fight, but you definitely could have a serious chance of escaping. And with the right setup you could definitely win even a 1vs5 situation.

If you sting into the hornets nest and went to a station (island) in the territory of a huge coalition, you'd obviously need the numbers to match them, but that could be avoided and you could just engage smaller groups of them when they were hauling stuff about.

There need to be exploitable weaknesses for EVERYTHING! Even for big numbers.

Maybe a massive AOE damage something that will hit tightly clumped fleet harder that smaller ones that are spread further apart.

Maybe some long range weapons that get a really huge bonus when used on smaller ships?

Or just start giving heavier ships some real inertia. Galleons accelerating like a fricking top fuel dragster while reaching formula 1 top speed pretty much removes every chance of employing any sort of strategy to kill them, regardless of their admittedly crappy turning rate.

so when the group of 50 uses 50 of the weapons that are designed to hurt groups of 5 on a group of 5 then what? Every weapon put into the game will be farmed in greater numbers by greater numbers and used to put down the smaller numbers.

~Lotus

You can do this all as a small company you just have to want to, and you cant use the excuse we need to defend our base or we need to harvest because if you become friends with a bigger company they will let u live on their island and pertect you.

its funny u mention world of Warcraft... look at that game.. went from being a awesome game to a shit fest where u get everything handed to u for no effort at all... they started dumping difficulity in Wotlk and started handing out epic and legendary gear all over the place for no effort cus of cry babys like this wanting everything the others got but cant really be asked to do anything of the end game content.... i hope they wont listen to u guys in this game so they will need to make a vanilla atlas for us normal gamers...

Edited by Ducimus
  • Like 1

Im in a small Company with 5 Players Who Play on a Daily Basis. We manged to do everything the Game offers on content that only "megas" can do. I was able to kill Drake And hydra solo for Mythos. I Killed Kraken 1.0 solo. We have 600 tames we are able to Feed And Breed. And i will try to solo ICE Cave soon

On 6/7/2019 at 5:08 PM, Talono said:

Funny, megas answering the solo questions. No, you can not kill the Kraken solo, or aquire the 9 power stones. You can kill the Hydra by using exploits, but not the dragon.
No sub, no torpedoes

Currently anything can be done solo easily - by just showing up and temporary work together with other players.
Like on the Golden Age islands. Only the greatest A* or a company you are at war with, would not be grateful for one more hand to mutually help.
What do you think people got from KOS you so you not get something they cannot have anyway = your individual progress... ?
Yeah everyone is out there to keep you down, mainly you yourself...

Also in that light you doing the whole solo game wrong.

Talono looses his ships all the time - Sheepshooter looks for a claimed island with owner that wants people on his island and good peace time, maybe even get to use the owners defenses (ally) to protect ship and stuff = does not loose ships offline, but maybe online while actually using them.

Talono does not want to pay taxes to his 'slave master' - Sheepshooter looks for protected island with good resources and tames and acceptable taxes, does not loose time travelling to save taxes or loose his stuff unprotected in lawless, plays more of the game.

Talono sees everyone in PVP as the enemy out to get him,  so he has to hide and avoid - Sheepshooter makes new friends that help each other even if we are not in same company or just doing the same quest.

Talono wants to use BP stuff - Sheepshooter just uses tames and saves the skill points for the brigs and galleons and all the other stuff... or gets to enjoy all skills by asking someone that has the skill make it for him...

Talono comes to forum to complain why he cannot progress in single player mode on the multi player server - Sheepshooter shakes his head at that...

Talono complains about Torpedos - Sheepshooter wants them banished from this age of sail pirate game, yarr!!!

Talono is getting nowhere, because he does not want to - Sheepshooter merged with other like minded people and alliances enjoys the game, make other people enjoy the game, no slaving, no exploiting others... and not even in a Mega Zerg... doing what he likes, like everyone else, yarr!!!

This game would be more enjoyable for your kind if they finally would get rid of all the lawless regions. Then you would be forced to do something good for yourself getting on an island with good people - well you would have to still do the search, poor thing. Also having more islands to claim would help with your kind of thinking "I am solo and can never own an island because they are all claimed" (not true with current pop on the servers anyway)...
Currently an lawless island is not save. If ones goes to a lawless island one has to expect to get shot at, because everyone on it is on the edge that everyone else is going to attack. Claimed islands are much safer because of timers and less people that shoot first and ask questions later. Lawless is toxic, especially for the own mindset !

Hör endlich auf rumzuheulen und mach was! Wenn du einen sicheren Platz in der Welt willst, wo man dich zufrieden läßt, beschützt und GEGENSEITIG unterstützt, dann melde dich, oder schau dich nach den vielen anderen um, die wie wir gemeinsam leben und leben lassen. Aber dir sind wahrscheinlich symbolische 5% noch zu viel, lieber täglich 100% ein neues Schiff bauen müssen, weil mal wieder alles weg ist und keiner einem hilft...

• Like 1