Sign in to follow this  
waltnut

claiming through foudations

I enjoy being on an island where you cant leave an island  because of 360 degrees of it has been claimed by foundations. spent 3 hours getting all I need for a boat only to not be able to build a shipyard....

• Sad 1

In the early days of atlas once I borded near an island in lawless. I think it's not a big deal to build a schooner on that island and sail on in my journey.

nope, it was impossible. Around the entire huge island I could not find a place to build up a small shipyard. Then we had to deal with sooooo many shipyards then. Today you got these egoists who spam hundreds of foundations. 

Fazit: live on lawless is a pain and I'm glad we got an island.

• Like 1

Yeah it's a self-perpetuating circle of cheese.

When I first clicked on spawn, it was super early after the wipe.   Had an entire coastline to myself.  Build a house, shipyard.. all was good.  A few days later, a sloop arrived, parked on our shipyard, a naked dude jumped off, didn't say a word and built a taming pen RIGHT OUTSIDE OUR HOUSE DOOR!  I asked him to remove it... ignored me.  I kicked myself for not putting down foundations.   He built a temp tannery, and just buggered off and left it.

It's still there now.  Both eye sores.   We have build up around them, but to have this crap permanently in our courtyard is just plain annoying.  To prevent more of this tosh, I personally planted a couple of foundations around main base access points protect ourselves, then someone else on the island spread out like some kind of virus, locals complaining of being 'encircled and cut off' by foundations, then progressively along the empty beach where we were...  I immediately retaliated, and got in there first, and lo-and-behold in came the spam right up to where I had foundationed myself.  Had I not done that, they would have ringed around us, and prevented us from any possible expansion...  Likely in a bid to grief us off out space.......  So from a clear empty beach, and someone mindlessly building infront of our doors, to someone else spamming, forcing us to protect ourselves with our own spam, that entire beach is inaccessible, as is 80% of the island.

Self-perpetuating circle of cheese.

The game needs a forced upkeep cost for structures like a resource bin if it’s empty near your structures they degrade at an accelerated rate.

this way if someone just puts up a taming cage and doesn’t leave a resource bin near it the cage is gone within 24 hours!

Edited by Captain Stabbin
  • Like 1

I really don't understand it.  Around your base sure or around important rare resources.. makes sense. But the entire island? Blocking off entire bays? Why? It makes the entire area look a mess, it looks awful, absolutely dreadful. spammed out pillers and foundations, randomly placed..

It just totally sets off my ADHD.. you..ffff.. uuurghh..!!!

12 minutes ago, Captain Stabbin said:

The game needs a forced upkeep cost for structures like a resource bin if it’s empty near your structures they degrade at an accelerated rate.

this way if someone just puts up a taming cage and doesn’t leave a resource bin near it the cage is gone within 24 hours!

I always knock my taming pens down after use.  Leaving them up, feels so ignorant and messy..

few obvious things here.

1. its official, and in official people will try to have 100% control over whatever they can via foundation spam because if they don't some other chump might decide that building enough shipyard to block a lake would be a fun thing to do. or because you may log in and find someone has built a perimeter of pillars around your boat that you can't ever remove.

2. learn to use the freeports, you can buy sloop now and sail off to lands where you can actually build a base.

3.ramshackle sloop sails suck, yeah i get it. But nothing stops you from building a loom on it and replacing those crap small speed sails with a bad ass medium speed sail, well nothing except your failure to think outside the box.

4. Again, OFFICIAL, when you chose to play official server, expect the worst and deal with it.

Well the good news is that at least with point one, you can make a ticket and gms will remove the offending items.. using freeports isn't much use to people who've rejuvenated twice at least and have 3 of every ship,  I'd like to get my own like settlement, but they're just too expensive.  And most of the people currently owning them, just maintain.. they've already quit, even the spammers are maintaining.. because it doesn't matter how much you spam.. it won't get you past the gated content.

Every flag I see has around 100k gold and noone playing.  I'm usually in region for 3-4 hours looking for discoveries and most of the time, I'm the only person in the region.

It's a shame, that by design, they've actually made the settlement flag system, even worse, than it was originally.

I'm actually think I might quit eu pve and move to na pve.. at least there most people speak english.  And no racism intended, but not being able to communicate because I can't speak some two dozen languages.. shouldnt be held against me.  Games like this should have google translators built in.

Edited by Martyn

Has anybody actually been blocked in by pillars?  Every time somebody tries it on me I just sail through them, because its Atlas.

If you think EUPVE is empty, take a look at the NA numbers....

On official servers a lot of assholes.

I don't want to waste my time removing their shit.

I calmly play on the unofficial server. The administrator quickly removes offenders. 

Need strict rules! 

If you can not do - remove the system flags!

In the first version and in the second version there is no space, everything is occupied, the game is empty but novice can play.

ATLAS is always occupied by players on the first day.

Can a developer make a working system for everyone?

Edited by Konvar