grzegorz131

Limit the number of grenades in your inventory!

It's good to know that the developers are watching closely what is happening in the game. They quickly noticed the harvest boost exploit. It can not be said that they do not know about the problem on a larger scale.

If the developers watch the game closely, they should ask a question in which game you can have an unlimited number of grenades, place them on the bar and spam without limits? I do not remember such a game.

If the PVP in this game has not to look like a mess, I suggest to significantly increase the weight of grenades (like oil jars) and limit the possibility of using them in one slot on the bar with a much longer time of equipping.

• Like 1

I can understand OPs concern here. I think 5 grenades in hot bar is fine. If we can’t equip a carbine and a shovel at the same bloody time why can I walk around with a literal f***tonne of nades strapped to my chest? It looks like a bomb vest. 

I don’t mind either way but I see where OP is coming from to a degree tbh.

why carry shit tons of grenades? why do this? your just supplying the enemy when you die...

13 hours ago, Remo said:

why carry shit tons of grenades? why do this? your just supplying the enemy when you die...

why carry armor, gun and ammo? "why do this? your just supplying the enemy when you die..."

11 hours ago, grzegorz131 said:

why carry armor, gun and ammo? "why do this? your just supplying the enemy when you die..."

the point which seems to have floated 10 ft over your head is you carry the absolute minimum, so why limit grenades? when only a novice/noob would carry so much as to seem like its too much.... our company has standing orders on this type of thing, so do most successful pvp companies.

Edited by Remo

Grenades have definately become, alot of players solution to everything, I do hope they can offer a vaunerablility for them, maybe not limit how much you can carry, but make them active while carrying them, so you have a bar full of grenades? Somone shoots you and they all go BOOM. Get flamed while carrying them, all should go boom. 

Give them a 5 min equip timer, and make that change would be a fun solution.

Edited by Mike L

13 hours ago, Mike L said:

Grenades have definately become, alot of players solution to everything,

its taken cannon carriges jobs away since its so easy to just break into multilayerd bases with a few gernades and its AOE is bat shit crazy size

If not limiting the amount in your inventory in some way, I do agree with the idea of making them unstable. Take some fall damage? Oh no, you shook them up too much, and they explode. Catch on fire? Oh no, they explode. Etc. Even giving them a small chance of just exploding because you're moving would be, in my opinion, reasonable. Since, come on, these are pirates. How stable can they really make these grenades? Lol.

Optionally, having a long equip timer could be of some help, too.

Grenades had some changes to them applied recently. We reduced their damage specifically against players, NPC Crew, and creatures. We also increased their weight. We're open to doing more changes, but we're waiting to see how these current ones play out. Definitely not going to be introducing a 5 minute equip timer on anything, though!

• Like 3

The thing about grenades is if you're the defender stuck inside your base or around your structures and people are just spamming them, there really is nothing you can do.  You can't really spam them back or you're just doing their job for them, destroying your own stuff.  The grenade meta is just too easy for the attacker both on a boat and on land, the attacker always has the advantage of only having to worry about not dying.  Most of the raids these days just entail people gliding onto land with common gear and an inv full of grenades.  cheap frills and no skills really.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jatheish said:

Grenades had some changes to them applied recently. We reduced their damage specifically against players, NPC Crew, and creatures. We also increased their weight. We're open to doing more changes, but we're waiting to see how these current ones play out. Definitely not going to be introducing a 5 minute equip timer on anything, though!

Good step but not enough, increase the timer for equip and limit  the slot bar for only one slot for grenades not 9, also increase the damage for puckles and the resistence, even if is a BP puckle is no longer effective against this higher levels enamy, everyone going directly to puckles because they have HP.

Puckles are a Joke. In ark autoturrets shoot granades in the air before the nade came closer to the turret. Will be good having a option of hit projectiles  in a puckle. Because right now they can come over a crab, the crab takes the damage of the puckles, while they are healing the crab they throw granades and puckles are down. 100 NPCs didn't stop this ridiculous attack, you can only have a limited amount of tames or NPCs in a grid, even if you have a lot of npcs mastercraft, dont matter, they will only delay the inevitable, our defense of thousands of NPC didn't hold against high level crabs, high level players and granades ( our structure full of NPC lasted 1 hour and only because we were actively defending, probably can hold 10 min if no one defend). The only way to survive in PVP right now is building over super high natural pillars, this just make completely useless 80% of the available islands in the game. You won't be secure if you dont live in a pillar, forget about having a port, resistance in ships with a layered wood ship can take all the canons of the NPC on land. Your land defenses do nothing against that, you can easily go inside a base with 40 cannons full resistance vs land canons NPCs and throw granades in a crab. Place a new door for galleys or brigantines, large stone walls are not wide enough for them. We need the ability to close a port. Is stupid how a schooner full resistance with layers of wood can get inside your port full of crabs and canon bears and start a land raid and sink everything with 0 effort. 1 crab, bunch of granades, some canon bears and a schooner full resistance.  Morters do like 1 k damage against a wooden ceiling because of resistance.  The only way to stop this is building a shipyard as a door everytime you want to go out of your port, and block the entrance again with another shipyard. Because even with 40 NPCs in canons don't work against a ship with resistance. Land canons should be able to level up or something.   There is no way of you noticing a suicide boat with resistance going inside your port, please create a big door for gallys  and Brigs. At least that way we can notice in the log if your door was destroyed and not when your boats are sinking already.

Edited by Emanuel a

On 6/15/2019 at 2:29 AM, Jatheish said:

Yeah, we noticed that, but what about structures? 

We had our whole Island wiped cause a exploiter you guys let back into the game(all hi had to do was say hi was sorry) , hi naded everything down, and since hi had endles of health we couldnt do anything(hi exploited to lvl 150).

A advice, start Low on damage when implementing new things to the game, you guys just put ridicules amount of damage to everything thats added and take a couple of weeks to adjust, just look at the torpedoes for a example. 

Or what about a 350% black jack that insta knock out any player. 

REMOVE THE ABILITY TO MAKE BASES ON TOP OF PILLARS!

Then maybe I'll talk about grenade carry out limits.

These posts are very short sighted...

Edited by Pallist

On 6/14/2019 at 8:29 PM, Jatheish said:

A grenade shudnt hurt a stone building. They have always been about anti infantry by shooting out shrapnel. Like others have said why take a cannon when u can mass spam grenades at buildings.

On 6/15/2019 at 4:21 PM, Emanuel a said:

Puckles are a Joke. In ark autoturrets shoot granades in the air before the nade came closer to the turret. Will be good having a option of hit projectiles  in a puckle. Because right now they can come over a crab, the crab takes the damage of the puckles, while they are healing the crab they throw granades and puckles are down. 100 NPCs didn't stop this ridiculous attack, you can only have a limited amount of tames or NPCs in a grid, even if you have a lot of npcs mastercraft, dont matter, they will only delay the inevitable, our defense of thousands of NPC didn't hold against high level crabs, high level players and granades ( our structure full of NPC lasted 1 hour and only because we were actively defending, probably can hold 10 min if no one defend). The only way to survive in PVP right now is building over super high natural pillars, this just make completely useless 80% of the available islands in the game. You won't be secure if you dont live in a pillar, forget about having a port, resistance in ships with a layered wood ship can take all the canons of the NPC on land. Your land defenses do nothing against that, you can easily go inside a base with 40 cannons full resistance vs land canons NPCs and throw granades in a crab. Place a new door for galleys or brigantines, large stone walls are not wide enough for them. We need the ability to close a port. Is stupid how a schooner full resistance with layers of wood can get inside your port full of crabs and canon bears and start a land raid and sink everything with 0 effort. 1 crab, bunch of granades, some canon bears and a schooner full resistance.  Morters do like 1 k damage against a wooden ceiling because of resistance.  The only way to stop this is building a shipyard as a door everytime you want to go out of your port, and block the entrance again with another shipyard. Because even with 40 NPCs in canons don't work against a ship with resistance. Land canons should be able to level up or something.   There is no way of you noticing a suicide boat with resistance going inside your port, please create a big door for gallys  and Brigs. At least that way we can notice in the log if your door was destroyed and not when your boats are sinking already.

You can already sail brigs and gallys thru doors. It was done in season 1.

18 hours ago, ragnar cook said:

A grenade shudnt hurt a stone building. They have always been about anti infantry by shooting out shrapnel. Like others have said why take a cannon when u can mass spam grenades at buildings.

Because grenades are expensive and cannon ammo is not. Cannons have more range, you can out range puckle turrets and take them out from a distance. Cannons also do more damage to single walls then grenades, especially if you have cannon reload speed and a higher % damage cannon. Grenades might make a bigger hole and do more total damage, but if your objective is just to make a hole to get to what inside then the cannon is just better. Down side to the cannon is that if you are facing competent carbiners its pretty easy to headshot the gunner.

Grenades are mostly used for breaking into buildings you can't reach with cannons or for killing tames. Yes theres some grenade spam, its very situtional, a competent player is almost imposible to kill with grenades unless you bola him and i'd argue you'd be better off knocking him out with a torpor weapon then. Nerfing grenade damage on people seems totally uncalled for. These cheese tactics are only made viable because the conventional weapons like carbines, flintlocks and melee weapons have way to long time to kill especially against higher leveled players specced into hp.

The most fun pvp battles i have had in this game was at level 50 so how about just stop giving attribute points after level 50 and make pvp more about skills then grinded pve content.

And finally if you make stone immune to grenades every mountain base out of reach of a cannon bear/horse would basically become immune to raiding.

I dunno who's been short sighted here tbh, it's supposed to be a sea game and there is basically no sea battles, just a zerg of plebs rolling onto an island when they know a sever is low numbers with a pocket full of nades.  Easy win when all you have to do is spam.  Then the defenders can't spam back or like I said they are just doing your job for you blowing your own stuff up.  It's so bad it's beyond a joke.  Fair enough you are right about not being able to hit pillared bases if they are too high but then it should take numbers, not 1 or 2 people.  And if not numbers it should take time.  40 hours to bread and animal you can wipe out 100s of them within seconds with something that takes no time at all to craft.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Detonator said:

I dunno who's been short sighted here tbh, it's supposed to be a sea game and there is basically no sea battles, just a zerg of plebs rolling onto an island when they know a sever is low numbers with a pocket full of nades.  Easy win when all you have to do is spam.  Then the defenders can't spam back or like I said they are just doing your job for you blowing your own stuff up.  It's so bad it's beyond a joke.  Fair enough you are right about not being able to hit pillared bases if they are too high but then it should take numbers, not 1 or 2 people.  And if not numbers it should take time.  40 hours to bread and animal you can wipe out 100s of them within seconds with something that takes no time at all to craft.

Theres no way you can kill 100s of tames in seconds with grenades unless you parked all 100 of them in the same room and basically did nothing to defend them.  All i can say is we have fended off dozens of attacks without letting anyone near our tames, but then again if someone throws grenades at us we just shoot them and take their grenades.

I think the problem here is that your mindset is that the only way to kill someone throwing grenades is another person throwing grenades and 40 hours breeding your tames does not make up for 0 hours of securing your base. At the end of the day its the players defending that will be the deciding factor and if you don't build your base with that in mind you will get stomped.

1 hour ago, Pant said:

Theres no way you can kill 100s of tames in seconds with grenades unless you parked all 100 of them in the same room and basically did nothing to defend them.  All i can say is we have fended off dozens of attacks without letting anyone near our tames, but then again if someone throws grenades at us we just shoot them and take their grenades.

I think the problem here is that your mindset is that the only way to kill someone throwing grenades is another person throwing grenades and 40 hours breeding your tames does not make up for 0 hours of securing your base. At the end of the day its the players defending that will be the deciding factor and if you don't build your base with that in mind you will get stomped.

You have clearly not played against exploiters yet

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Knivet said:

You have clearly not played against exploiters yet

I have and thats not the topic. If we were to nerf every weapon because its op when an exploiter or a cheater use it then we would all be running around picking flowers and counting rocks.

Edited by Pant

I want puckles to be able to shoot.

Being able to build over the boulders underwater that prevent building. And a door wide enough for a gally to pass. And not having to align in the middle of the gate in a 90 degrees angle with no wind or storms. The turn ratio of a gally is huge.

• Like 1

It was a slight exaggeration the 100s in seconds but I think you already know that.  You're just a grenade fan I can see that. but we got at least 80 killed in less than 5 minutes, because all it takes is for you to spam them on a laggy server with like I said, absolutely no skill involved.  barley even need to aim buddy all you have to do is go all league of legends and spam that left click and boom you're a pro.  In that 5 minutes we got a few people back to defend because of the travel limit, with absolutely no chance of defending.  Blown through multiple layers of stone because all it takes a couple of people spamming.  If that's your style of play that fair enough.  I guess you don't care about the player numbers dropping?  I guess you don't care these are the reasons why?  And don't try and tell me it isn't.  Because if I'm honest I'd say the only thing in the game that is ridiculously OP is the fact you can carry hundreds of them on one person and just wreck stuff.  and if you think this is realistic or even remotely fun then I'm just talking to a brick wall.   My mindset to fill you in is variety you tell me where that exists in raiding?  as soon as the grenades are gone the raid stops... why? because they got no other plays cause that's all some people can do.  We can go back and forth all day on this.  So lets just agree we have a difference of opinion and not argue about it.  You have yours and I have mine.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Detonator said:

It was a slight exaggeration the 100s in seconds but I think you already know that.  You're just a grenade fan I can see that. but we got at least 80 killed in less than 5 minutes, because all it takes is for you to spam them on a laggy server with like I said, absolutely no skill involved.  barley even need to aim buddy all you have to do is go all league of legends and spam that left click and boom you're a pro.  In that 5 minutes we got a few people back to defend because of the travel limit, with absolutely no chance of defending.  Blown through multiple layers of stone because all it takes a couple of people spamming.  If that's your style of play that fair enough.  I guess you don't care about the player numbers dropping?  I guess you don't care these are the reasons why?  And don't try and tell me it isn't.  Because if I'm honest I'd say the only thing in the game that is ridiculously OP is the fact you can carry hundreds of them on one person and just wreck stuff.  and if you think this is realistic or even remotely fun then I'm just talking to a brick wall.   My mindset to fill you in is variety you tell me where that exists in raiding?  as soon as the grenades are gone the raid stops... why? because they got no other plays cause that's all some people can do.  We can go back and forth all day on this.  So lets just agree we have a difference of opinion and not argue about it.  You have yours and I have mine.

I am not a fan of grenades, i have never thrown a grenade with the intent to kill anything but tames or blow up walls. I have been in the receiving end of grenade spam probably more then you have and i don't think its a problem. I don't defend the base by sitting inside it, we focus on controlling all the high ground and slowly wear down their supply of tames, armor and weapons. The only way someone is filling their entire inventory with grenades is if they don't respect you at all either by idiocy or they have no fear of dieing before they can unload their grenades. Grenades cost a lot, you can only carry so many on the ships and everytime someone dies with an inventory full of grenades its a massive blow to the attacker. Defending is a many times easier then attacking.

Do you really think this game is dieing because of grenade spam? This game is basically designed to murder new players at the gates and slowly grind down the current playerbase, while we at the same time have developers completely out of touch with reality. Theres no way for a new player to fight a level 100+. A PvPer will always put every single point into health, with journeyman and above gear you can easily get 500-600 hpl. Just so you know a carbine headshot on a player with full plate and damage resistance food does 60-68 damage depending on the resistance on the armor so 9-10 headshots on someone with 600 hp. Thats a time to kill of almost 2 minutes while they can basically one shot new players with bodyshots.

The developers handling of cheaters and exploiters have been fucking appaling, The guilotine bug took them two whole days to even get the finger out and when they finally did they gave them a slap on the wrist and reset them to 100, honestly i was on the fence about quitting right there because it just shows how much of a shit the developers care about cheating in this game... Then you had the duping which i belive cost them the biggest chunk of the playerbase, I actually quit the game over that and was dumb enough to return a few weeks after the wipe thinking shit had changed. EVERYONE knew chemB was cheating the devs turned a blind eye to it for atleast a month and its not like it requires a lot of investigation to figuere out items are duped. The duping cost them a server wipe and half the playerbase.

And then we have the offline raiding, which i am pretty sure grinded away the first 30k active players. But sure you keep ranting on about grenades. Like it matters at thins point the game is basically dead now.

Edited by Pant

I agree in that the current huge issue is player health pools at high levels and the armor sets that boost it even more along with providing resists.  Sniping someone in the head and seeing 34 in green float up is very discouraging.  Its even more discouraging when you realize that person has over 500hp.  Watching players tank tames, puckles and multiple defenders is just plain dumb.  No skills.  Just levels and gear. 

Correct these things and grenades become less of an issue. 

Edited by DocHolliday
  • Like 1