bondbond

MY ANIMAL WAS CLAIM WHEN THEY ARE ON MY SHIP WTF????????????

I have just checked on my tame ship this morning and someone has claimed my elephant and rhino, both gone. Checked the log and company ???? claimed both. This needs to change, I mean how can someone come on your ship and claim these in PvE when you log in every single day? I've been putting food in the trough everyday, I might not jump on each animal but why should I? Shouldn't have to.

This is a complete joke, this needs addressing and putting top of the list @Jatheish

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

I have just checked on my tame ship this morning and someone has claimed my elephant and rhino, both gone. Checked the log and company ???? claimed both. This needs to change, I mean how can someone come on your ship and claim these in PvE when you log in every single day? I've been putting food in the trough everyday, I might not jump on each animal but why should I? Shouldn't have to.

This is a complete joke, this needs addressing and putting top of the list @Jatheish

I agree 100%. As long as they are in render range, regardless of whether the animals are on land or boat, their timer should reset just like the building they're next to.

What about animals you can't ride? Cows and chickens.... How does their timer work? 

29 minutes ago, Hattrix said:

I agree 100%. As long as they are in render range, regardless of whether the animals are on land or boat, their timer should reset just like the building they're next to.

What about animals you can't ride? Cows and chickens.... How does their timer work? 

Well i've been on my tame ship feeding them every day, they have been parked right next to my base in range. How am I or anyone else supposed to know their own timers? To me timer resets as soon as I am near them, or so I thought.

I have now took all my animals inside in lock down. Not impressed to be honest, I now see why people leave this game, I have 1300hrs almost and if this is happening more and more that is me done also.

You need to interact with each animal (that you want to keep (tamed)). This can be riding, commanding, packing ... there is a rumour that looking in the inventory might do the trick as well. As far as I have been able to observer it is less of an issue on land in bases as all animals there tend to share the same timer. I can't be certain as I might have just checked out bases of players that diligently 'touched'each of their animals that day.

I mentioned it on Discord and Dollie replied saying she has flagged this up and looking into it. Something to do with rendering in or something she said, or possibly. At least they know about it and hopefully will be fixed soon because I don't like the idea of all my tames being claimed even though I brought them all indoors.

16 hours ago, DannyUK said:

Agree! This is making the game almost unplayable for me, very, very sad! We have tons of tames and there is NO way that I will be able to touch every single one, all the time, everywhere. The last few days several have been claimed by someone cause I didn't know about this change. I've always gotten by just fine with feeding them and being in rendering range from them, have never ever had an animal claimed by someone by using "render in" method. And now suddenly, it seems like animals are "free for all", unless you touch every single animal. (Just imagine picking up and throwing down 20 chickens every day, not to mention all the giraffes, elephants, bears, cows, pigs, etc. This has to change very fast, this won't work for companies with multiple tames. Feeding animals and fast travelling to all bases is enough work.....     thanks if you guys can check this, devs, truly thanks, cause I don't wanna have to quite the game over this sudden massive new work load...    thanks again for checking this. 🙏   @Jatheish

• Like 1

On 6/15/2019 at 4:10 AM, NoobieDooz said:

Agree! This is making the game almost unplayable for me, very, very sad! We have tons of tames and there is NO way that I will be able to touch every single one, all the time, everywhere. The last few days several have been claimed by someone cause I didn't know about this change. I've always gotten by just fine with feeding them and being in rendering range from them, have never ever had an animal claimed by someone by using "render in" method. And now suddenly, it seems like animals are "free for all", unless you touch every single animal. (Just imagine picking up and throwing down 20 chickens every day, not to mention all the giraffes, elephants, bears, cows, pigs, etc. This has to change very fast, this won't work for companies with multiple tames. Feeding animals and fast travelling to all bases is enough work.....     thanks if you guys can check this, devs, truly thanks, cause I don't wanna have to quite the game over this sudden massive new work load...    thanks again for checking this. 🙏   @Jatheish

This problem only concerns the tames on ships. The ones on land are reset fine when rendered. Just take them off your ships (at least every 7 days) until its fixed. They are aware and looking into it.

Yup, this is certainly going on. Riding them on your boat means nothing. A douchebsg from the M.E.R.C. company stole an elephant, two bears, 4 chickens, a cow and 3 monkeys from my galleon. I rode them around my boat hours before he stole them. Dev's need to fix their shit. For every one step they make, the take two back. 

On 6/16/2019 at 9:00 AM, Grongash said:

This problem only concerns the tames on ships. The ones on land are reset fine when rendered. Just take them off your ships (at least every 7 days) until its fixed. They are aware and looking into it.

I don't mean to be rude or anything but how can you be so sure of this? Why would the tames auto decay rules work differently on land, than on ships...  I cant see a timer on my animals nor have I read any official clarifications on this. I am not prepared to take that risk so I have to touch all animals until I know for a fact they are all safe. Also, the problem still remains with the crew on the ships. It's very common that we get extra crew standing around on ships since we wanna transport them to another ship later on for example. Or have them standing around sweeping (repairing) is also convenient. But right now can't do any of that cause any idle crew gets stolen immediately. Before I knew about the whole ship change, around 20 crew got stolen. 

5 minutes ago, NoobieDooz said:

I don't mean to be rude or anything but how can you be so sure of this? Why would the tames auto decay rules work differently on land, than on ships...  I cant see a timer on my animals nor have I read any official clarifications on this. I am not prepared to take that risk so I have to touch all animals until I know for a fact they are all safe. Also, the problem still remains with the crew on the ships. It's very common that we get extra crew standing around on ships since we wanna transport them to another ship later on for example. Or have them standing around sweeping (repairing) is also convenient. But right now can't do any of that cause any idle crew gets stolen immediately. Before I knew about the whole ship change, around 20 crew got stolen. 

It has been proven, and the steps that prove it have been provided to the Devs.

I personally tested it with someone from another company on their ship that was parked outside my base. I could claim their tames on their ship with them standing next to me. As soon as they took it on land I could not claim it. When they took it back on the ship I could not claim it. However, rather than the timer being refreshed it said claimable even though I could no longer claim it.

So touching animals on ships is pointless, you need to take them on land once every 7 days until it is fixed.

2 hours ago, NoobieDooz said:

After watching someone jump off with my Rhino right in front of me i tested it. Easy to check, temp remove someone from your company so he can see the timers, then test it. It probably is somehow related to the tries to protect ships on PvE in the first place, but im sure the devs will figure that one out. For now dont leave anything on the ship. Your crew can even be stolen while they sit on your sails.

47 minutes ago, Grongash said:

After watching someone jump off with my Rhino right in front of me i tested it. Easy to check, temp remove someone from your company so he can see the timers, then test it. It probably is somehow related to the tries to protect ships on PvE in the first place, but im sure the devs will figure that one out. For now dont leave anything on the ship. Your crew can even be stolen while they sit on your sails.

No crew are only affected by this when they are idle, i.e. sweeping. This was also checked as I saw someone with 5 crew, the 4 crew manned at stations all had 7 days whilst he was online, the one sweeping had 5 days remaining.

Well here is to hoping the Devs actually read their forums and fix this HUGE error. Anyone want to bet on the chances?? lol.

Just now, =MGC=Ranger said:

Well here is to hoping the Devs actually read their forums and fix this HUGE error. Anyone want to bet on the chances?? lol.

They are already looking at the issue. That's why providing them detailed repo steps helps.

On 6/13/2019 at 9:23 AM, =MGC=Ranger said:

Since when?

Couple of days ago per a patch i know i have been getting so much free stuff since then 

I personally don't mind the crew going for a walk, I don't mind losing them so much but the animals is a different story. I also wouldn't complain if I was offline for 7 days and someone claimed all of my tames, that is the game but when you play everyday for hours on end and you feed them only for someone to jump on ship and take them that I do not agree with.

I know they know about it now, if I knew in the first place I wouldn't have had them on the ship to start with, I lost the rhino and the elephant to some Chinese company. I suspect many people have been having a field day from grid to grid. I have since brought all animals indoors and if you haven't already I would suggest you do the same.

I lost quite a few tames, so i looked around a bit and found some leftovers. Big switcheroo. The next wipe is prolly not that far off, so i wouldn't stress too much. Gratz to the lucky guy who managed to find my unlocked (by accident) Resource chest and hauled away a lot of gold 😛

- Fixed a bug which prevented tames and crew on ships from not having their claim timer refreshed on PvE. To refresh their timers, you will need to board the boats they're on.

13 hours ago, Opa Deluca said:

- Fixed a bug which prevented tames and crew on ships from not having their claim timer refreshed on PvE. To refresh their timers, you will need to board the boats they're on.

They do their job, getting their attention for PVE problems is the hard part!

19 hours ago, Opa Deluca said:

Does this mean the issue is resolved?

It's quite funny that people will ridicule others for not caring for a tame, when the issue is actually a bug in the game development, that the devs have now fixed.  Except, that this isn't just an issue for tames on boats.

Edited by Martyn

I used to have a company with four other ppl, but they left over time due to life :(

Played all on my own thou things were super slow. But! It's okay!; 620hrs spent since early access because I had hopes for the game and hey, I love my pets, and the more the better why not :D 

Then... exams came and I had to stop playing for about 4 days? Some company managed to climb into my building and ships and claimed every single pet that I painstakingly tamed throughout the restart of the game. 

Sucks to be a single player, sucks for such claiming system to exist, sucks because I had expected too much of this game

Everything's gone! Gone like the wind! 
So is my loyalty! Goodbye Atlas, Ive uninstalled </3