bondbond

MY ANIMAL WAS CLAIM WHEN THEY ARE ON MY SHIP WTF????????????

I am playing EU PVE server I was build my home in Lawless.

I online every day my structure upkeep is fine but my animal was claim by the auto-decay on my fucking ship???? WTF???????? I online every day!!!!!!! 20190607024747_1.thumb.jpg.95a5f4bc8068048f22147c743a8cbb47.jpg

Edited by bondbond
Upload Image

If the giraffe was not in render range for 8 days, maybe somebody grappled onto the giraffe and claimed it?

But why isn’t it floating on the deck if it’s no longer yours?

For animals, it's not enough to just be in render range. You actually have to interact with it. I just hop in the saddle and it resets the timer. 

If you don't ever pet your puppy, do you think it will want to stick around? Poor little guys need some love and attention dontcha know.

• Like 1

I have 2 accs now, i could claim two of my own animals.

DEVS need to display the timer for the owner also!

It seems like milking cows does not resets, feeding does not reset. Do they need to earn xp?

I can test if someone is really interessted (and if my cows are not claimed in the meantime^^).

Once, i was rendering another couple of cows, they where claimed while i was 100 meter away. Thats not what i call intuitive game mechanics.

@Jatheish @Dollie This sort of thing needs to be confirmed and made clear, just like the fact ships need to be boarded every 3 weeks rather than just rendered. I had no idea animals need to be interacted with I assumed it was the same as ARK, just render them in and the timer resets.

If structures have decay timers visible to the owner then so should tames and ships. Otherwise people are going to continue to lose stuff because they were not made aware of how the mechanic works.

After being neglected for a week it doesn't surprise me the giraffe was willing to eat out of another hand. Nor would it surprise me if they decide to allow animals to turn wild again and escape their bonds if they are ignored/uncared for/not interacted with for a certain amount of time.
(and yes, we would would like to have definite answers and rules ... but we are beta testers)

On 6/11/2019 at 12:52 PM, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

@Jatheish @Dollie This sort of thing needs to be confirmed and made clear, just like the fact ships need to be boarded every 3 weeks rather than just rendered. I had no idea animals need to be interacted with I assumed it was the same as ARK, just render them in and the timer resets.

If structures have decay timers visible to the owner then so should tames and ships. Otherwise people are going to continue to lose stuff because they were not made aware of how the mechanic works.

Yeah I dont think you have to interact with em. I have bears, ele's and giraffes that I dont even touch. As soon as I get within distance its all good. 

Did the OP by chance not login to the same server? maybe hes online every day, but if you dont go to the server, the countdown runs. Same with beds. Every 4 days i bed hop to keep em fresh. Been doing that for months without issue.

FYI, I have animals that are in a pen at a base I havent worked on in a long time, but fast travel to the bed every couple days. Fast travel in, fast travel out. Animals are fine.

9 minutes ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

Yeah I dont think you have to interact with em. I have bears, ele's and giraffes that I dont even touch. As soon as I get within distance its all good. 

How do you know "it's all good" when you get in render distance? Animals don't display decay timers like structures do. So how do you know it's not claimable?

Have a read again of what @Kummba said in their last sentence.

It's similar to ships. If you only render ships in but don't physically board them they will disappear in 3 weeks. That is the same mechanic as we are talking about regarding the animals.

because I have an outpost where I have several bears, a couple cows,  and a bull but havent had time to really work the area, so I am not mounting any of them (infact they dont even have saddles). They have been there for well, well over 3 weeks (a SOTD glitch wiped out one of my boats and the other got taken by a whale so I have been busy rebuilding). My teammate has been gone for a month on business and all I have been doing is fast traveling to his base and then back. All is still there. As far as ships, I have a armored schooner we use to attack SOTD that I havent boarded since mid april, yet its still in my harbor. Dunno, I dont touch every animal or sail every boat and never lost anything. I may be wrong, but for me, I have not run into that at all.

3 minutes ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

because I have an outpost where I have several bears, a couple cows,  and a bull but havent had time to really work the area, so I am not mounting any of them (infact they dont even have saddles). They have been there for well, well over 3 weeks (a SOTD glitch wiped out one of my boats and the other got taken by a whale so I have been busy rebuilding). My teammate has been gone for a month on business and all I have been doing is fast traveling to his base and then back. All is still there. As far as ships, I have a armored schooner we use to attack SOTD that I havent boarded since mid april, yet its still in my harbor. Dunno, I dont touch every animal or sail every boat and never lost anything. I may be wrong, but for me, I have not run into that at all.

The fact that the animals are still there doesn't mean anything, i'm not talking about them disappearing like ships, i'm talking about them being claimable.

How would you explain @Kummba being online and having rendered in his animals only for them to be claimed whilst he was online.

As for ships, my sloop was left unattended outside my base for 3 weeks as I started using a schooner. I never touched the sloop and after 3 weeks it vanished.

So yeah your animals may be safe after weeks of not doing anything with them but that's likely because no-one has come along and seen they are claimable. Would be interesting if you had someone outside of the company visit and have a look to see if they can claim anything whilst you are online though.

I look for bases left unattended. If it's destroyable, I plunder it. If the animals are claimable, they're mine. 

I'm a pirate. 

• Like 1

OK, on ships, claime timers are not resetted by:

- redner

- letting then follow

- feeding

- miking

Dont store tames on ships!

EDIT: I storred my tames on shipish sturctures. I build a Shipyard, put down a Schooner, then place topdeck and fill the gaps with ceilings. This were my prefered barns for outposts. IT is cheap to build and very save, bc enemies float on ships.

BUT, Tames need to leave this kind of barn every 8 days it seems, when not on ships, the timer should reset properly.

@[GP] Guybrush Threepwood

Edited by Kummba

8 hours ago, Hattrix said:

I look for bases left unattended. If it's destroyable, I plunder it. If the animals are claimable, they're mine. 

I'm a pirate. 

Harrrr! - I am too.

It is about the false savety (not timer given for owner).

2 hours ago, Kummba said:

OK, on ships, claime timers are not resetted by:

- redner

- letting then follow

- feeding

- miking

Dont store tames on ships!

EDIT: I storred my tames on shipish sturctures. I build a Shipyard, put down a Schooner, then place topdeck and fill the gaps with ceilings. This were my prefered barns for outposts. IT is cheap to build and very save, bc enemies float on ships.

BUT, Tames need to leave this kind of barn every 8 days it seems, when not on ships, the timer should reset properly.

@[GP] Guybrush Threepwood

I wasn't speaking about tames on ships.

3 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I wasn't speaking about tames on ships.

But i did from the beginning! Just clarifiing to reduce confusion.

2 minutes ago, Kummba said:

But i did from the beginning! Just clarifiing to reduce confusion.

Ah you never mentioned ships in your first post. But good to know. I guess building an Noahs Ark is out of the question then.

2 hours ago, Grongash said:

Extra fun now that you can board all ships again in PvE. 

And a ship was the cheapest and savest place to store NPCs for small groups.

NOW the cobras spawning on my schooner will eat my crew alive i guess.

6 hours ago, Grongash said:

Extra fun now that you can board all ships again in PvE. 

Really?!?

Where are the patch notes for that? I haven't seen them. 

So now that you can board ships in PvE, there's a galleon outside my base that was parked there about 2 or 3 days ago and i've seen no activity from it since.

I decided to board it and have a snoop around. So I found there were quite a few animals on there and instead of all having the same claim timer, they varied like this:

Bear - 03:03:06:08

Cow - claimable

Elephant - 01:21:49:09

Bear - claimable

Bear - claimable

Giraffe - 04:23:28:58

NPC - 06:23:45:10

So this is evident that animals whether on ships or land need to be interacted with rather than just rendered. Otherwise they'd all have the same claim timer.

• Like 1