Sign in to follow this  
Dragonchampion

PvE player here - Looking for advice for leading my company in our first Power Stone Run!

I would love if you guys could help me out and give tips and pointers. We're about to try our first-ever power stone run against an island we know has a Hydra. What should we bring? We have a few legendary and mythical crossbows and carbines, and are all around level 55 or so. Should we even bother with melee? What should we do?

We number around 4 people, in case anyone needs to know.

For the Hydra imho the best way is to do it with a ship. Build some cannons or balistas on the back of the ship. Then lure the hydra to the shore with naked runs and kite her in the deep water via the ship. Kite her out to the ocean until you have shot the heads down. ->loot the mythos and bring the artefact to the cave 😉

Edited by The_Wiesel
  • Thanks 1

Bring a schooner with 3 ballistas or even better swivel guns with canister ammo mounted to the rear.

Find a suitable hydra island that is not bugged or totally braindead in regards of hydra position.

Personally, i highly recommend starting in D12, but there might be another. You can easily do C6 and H6 from there.

One (and only one) person go searching the hydra (and only hydra) on the island and kite her to your ship.

You can and you should do naked runs for this, you only need to stay in her aggro range. If you see her glitching behind some trees or rocks, apply a zig zag kiting pattern to get her to go around (hence only one person kiting).

Kite her with the schooner and kill with ballistas or swivels.

Get the artifact key and sail to the nearest surrounding golden age ruins to turn it in for the powerstone.

Pro tip: Give up all hopes of those "devs" ever fixing this retarded bullshit. Ever. Do it now!

• Thanks 1

There's 2 ways to do the Hydra, You can either bring it to a cliff and shoot down or grenade it using the terrain to line of sight the attacks. Or you can kite it to the water and use cannons or swivels with cannister shot to kill it in the water it moves at roughly 35% in the water. When running the keys we have 1 guy run ahead and make sure the path to the cave is clear then have a few others run to the cave with 1 guy holding all keystones. The others run and die to protect the key holder. Once in the cave we set it up in groups of 2, 1 runs ahead and dies to get stuff off the bridge while the other gets their key. Rotate until everybody has it.

~Lotus

• Thanks 1