Realist

Come on guys

6 hours ago, Percieval said:

This is a joke. We can give all the constructive feedback we want, as long as nothing happens with it what’s the point of giving it. I’m not obligated to give any kind of feedback. 

Weird that you were here since hour 1 yet you forget all the feedback that is given. 

No, what I remember is people on here ridiculing others that were giving feedback in a very bad way. Any time anyone tried they would get shutdown.

now that I put the blame on the players everyone is saying they were giving feedback instead of what they were really doing. Shutting down others for having differing opinion. They only have themselves to blame.

9 hours ago, Realist said:

First off I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. I do regret that. This post wasn’t meant to melt snowflakes.

second, yeah it is your job. Everyone knows that pc players/testers are the lab rats for future ports( at least that is the excuse most of them give on forums when the co sole people complain).

third, console sales on ark were a lot higher than pc sales which made it possible for atlas to even be born.

Fourth, pve servers? Did you really have to insult pve players in this? Yeah you are the problem man. You people always need to have a problem with the pve guys. They are just like us playing a game. I am pvp through and through but I have never once said a bad thing about anyone that plays pve. You should be ashamed. Let me guess, you are that tough guy that got a good k/d spread and thinks that single player gamers are losers right? I feel sorry for you man.

Your a kid with a console and a cell phone, you could not possibly hurt my feelings if you tried.

But come correct. The absolute irony was you posting how we arent testing properly, while you have tested not shit.

Please show me where in my post where I insulted PvE players. Making a statement, and a very true one at that, is not an insult. Any PvE player will tell you the game is set up for PvP and they just deal with how it affects their server where PvP is disabled. That news is neither new, or fake, or an insult to bring awareness to.

Now go back to watching fox news with your parents.

2 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

Your a kid with a console and a cell phone, you could not possibly hurt my feelings if you tried.

But come correct. The absolute irony was you posting how we arent testing properly, while you have tested not shit.

Please show me where in my post where I insulted PvE players. Making a statement, and a very true one at that, is not an insult. Any PvE player will tell you the game is set up for PvP and they just deal with how it affects their server where PvP is disabled. That news is neither new, or fake, or an insult to bring awareness to.

Now go back to watching fox news with your parents.

Well I do like Fox News but that is mainly because it is the only media outlet that reports the truth but that is neither here nor there.

once again, I don’t need to play the game to see what others are doing. And as far as me not playing goes I am not buying a pc to play when I can just be patient and play on console later. Just because a game is only available in Japan doesn’t mean I am going to pack my $&@“ up and move.

1 hour ago, Realist said:

To be honest no other companies except gaming companies ones release products where as you say “they might not work right”

Did u ever buyed a Brand new car? If VW brings out a new model, you become a beta tester too. After 1...2 years they bring out a fixed version. And did u heard about that lot of customers have to bring back the new cars in the garage, because of an airbag-problem or something like that? These are the updates you make at a car, until the second series launch.

With food, cosmetics, medicine, toys and so on its the same thing. But they got usually closed betas. 

Whenever you want to bring out a new product, so you have to go a long way with lots of changes and improvements, until it's perfect for you as a founder. 

Founder: there are in minimum two different ones. These who create a product as they want and the others, who create it for the people (I mean to sell as much as possible).

These are just a few examples and I could do it the whole day long... 

11 hours ago, Realist said:

Your only job is to make the game better for console players.   ME.

11 hours ago, Realist said:

you have been co planning about me for a long time now and I can’t wait to see the glorious comebacks once I have actually played the game. It will be glorious indeed.

Because this game and your participation in it are all about ME.  I haven't paid for the game or played it yet, but my glorious authority on the game stands without question.  I am glorious.

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

If they sell me the refrigerator with a clear warning that the ice maker doesn't work yet and online feedback and input from me may help it to work better in the future, then I have the option as a customer to participate by offering said feedback or not, but under no circumstance am I ever under any obligation to do so.

so yes, if mytag said yeah we are trying to make a really good refrigerator and it isn’t quite good yet, can you use it for awhile and Help us make it better? I would yeah “yeah, sure I can do that”    say "Sure.  I haven't got a house to put it in or any electricity to run it, so I won't pay you for one, but I will certainly go around telling all the other people who have one how the icemaker works and that their ONLY JOB is to forget about cooling food or making ice and help "mytag" make ME a refrigerator that doesn't need a house or electricity to work.  because in all reality that is the only point of buying a product that wouldn’t be working correctly.  it's all about ME, glorious ME.

I will continue to seek out new products that I cannot use and go around speaking as an authority on them, and telling everyone who uses them to just shut up, and anyone who doesn't like it is a snowflake.

I used the Google nonsense translator so you all didn't have to.  You're welcome.

• Haha 3

No, what I remember is people on here ridiculing others that were giving feedback in a very bad way. Any time anyone tried they would get shutdown.

now that I put the blame on the players everyone is saying they were giving feedback instead of what they were really doing. Shutting down others for having differing opinion. They only have themselves to blame.

Having a discussion about what’s good or bad for the game is not shutting down anyone. You’re exaggerating big time here, It’s completely beyond me why anyone would make such a thread. Maybe you were just bored so you made this to get something to do. 

43 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Maybe you were just bored so you made this to get something to do. 

Others go to work 😜

Its a classic troll job.  He is trolling or very very dumb.   This thread is a waste of everyone's time.

Edited by DocHolliday

1 minute ago, DocHolliday said:

This thread is a waste of everyone's time.

But it made me laugh.  That's never a waste of time.

18 hours ago, Realist said:

Your only job is to make the game better for console players. You might not like that but guess what? You are testers and this is an ea game so it’s time to deal with it. You have been failing right now.

So what you are saying is.... Grapeshot needs to hire better customers. Brilliant!

I kinda get what he is saying, as I do consider myself and my group beta testers more or less for this game. Even if we don't, we still want the game to be good, no? I remain positive, most of the time when it comes to the game, that most of the kinks will be ironed out. I think the game has come quite a ways from it's rather disastrous launch.

Don't think for a minute that I think the game is perfect, it is not even close to being anywhere remotely considered a game I'd recommend to the general public. I do like the game but I do have plenty of gripes with it, from the servers straining with larger groups of players, to the lag structures bring, the pain in the butt taming process, and the huge grind for a boat that is doomed to sink 30 seconds later. Let's also not forget the offline raiding that plagues many.

But the game does seem like, with the way things are and the sample of players on the forums who's responses I can read, to be on a downward spiral. The game needs some serious attention in many key aspects if it wishes to be a game that people (other than myself) will want to play. I have plenty of ideas, but I don't like to share them until they are fully thought out and I can present them in a non-rambling easy-to-follow manner. Usually someone beats me to the punch on bringing it up, so I usually don't make a post outside of agreement or furthering discussion.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ichor said:

I kinda get what he is saying, as I do consider myself and my group beta testers more or less for this game. Even if we don't, we still want the game to be good, no? I remain positive, most of the time when it comes to the game, that most of the kinks will be ironed out. I think the game has come quite a ways from it's rather disastrous launch.

Don't think for a minute that I think the game is perfect, it is not even close to being anywhere remotely considered a game I'd recommend to the general public. I do like the game but I do have plenty of gripes with it, from the servers straining with larger groups of players, to the lag structures bring, the pain in the butt taming process, and the huge grind for a boat that is doomed to sink 30 seconds later. Let's also not forget the offline raiding that plagues many.

But the game does seem like, with the way things are and the sample of players on the forums who's responses I can read, to be on a downward spiral. The game needs some serious attention in many key aspects if it wishes to be a game that people (other than myself) will want to play. I have plenty of ideas, but I don't like to share them until they are fully thought out and I can present them in a non-rambling easy-to-follow manner. Usually someone beats me to the punch on bringing it up, so I usually don't make a post outside of agreement or furthering discussion.

Yeah unfortunately they are taking it more as an attack on them then what the real meaning is. The game is failing and that really sucks because I am looking for to the co sole release.

if they don’t want to do what it takes I can’t do anything about that. All I can do is state my opinion, which I did. 

Was I a little more intense than I should have been? Sure. I admit I get that way sometimes especially if it is about something I am passionate about.

if they don’t like it, I also can’t do anything about that either. Maybe they just need to be a little more passionate so they can actually comprehend what’s going on.

• Like 1

To be fair mate, you make a lot of fair points, but you can come off as a bit of a downer, this place is already a salt mine 90% of the time, so I can see where the hostility may stem from.

11 minutes ago, Ichor said:

To be fair mate, you make a lot of fair points, but you can come off as a bit of a downer, this place is already a salt mine 90% of the time, so I can see where the hostility may stem from.

Yeah, after thinking about it I do realize I could have worded things better. Sometimes it is a heat of the moment kind of thing.

and I know right? There is a lot of people that just try to shut down others because they disagree with them. I really don’t like to tolerate that kind of behavior so o do tend to be harder on others that are like that.

on a good note though I am very excited for the console release. I am just really wanting it to be in a lot better shape than it is and right now it is only the pc players that can make it that way.

i give the devs plenty of responsibility for their actions but I also can’t let certain players just act completely innocent either.

• Like 2

I'm shutting down this thread. As always, genuine feedback and criticism of the game are always appreciated, but let's try and keep the nonsense to a minimum. Rest assured folks, despite Realists' comments, you have no obligation and this isn't your job. It's a game that is currently in development, in which you can share your feedback if you so choose to. We appreciate everyone's comments, whether they're bug reports, suggestions, positive posts, or showing us where we can do better. 

If you're going to have these sort of discussions on the board, consider ways to phrase them so that they're not so insulting or instigating. Provide suggestions to how you think better feedback could be made, rather than berating people that aren't doing things in the way you would like them to.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6