WILLIAM

Grand tort breeding

To begin with, I am William and currently playing on NA PVE  E11. And my company name is CCTV. 

I want to share the experience of hatch a tort egg. Firstly, the whole hatching process will cost 3 and a half hours in real-world time(you will spend more). Meanwhile, we know that Alta's breeding relies on temperature. I did some tests about how many fire camps that you would have to use during the process. here is my test result.

10 fire camps---- 16 degree, 17 degree 

9 fire camps----18 degree ,19 degree

8 fire camps ---20 degeree  to 23 degree

7 fire camps ----24 degree to 27

6 fire camps ----28 degree to 33

5 fire camps--- 34 degree to 36

4 fire camps---37 degree to 40

3 fire camps ---41 to 44

2 fires camps ---45 

I suggest you pick up your egg when more than 45 degree and don't hatch it during the heat wave, because the health bar of the egg will reduce 0.3% per second!!! which mean that you should not leave your egg alone.(put your egg inside the Corrosion protection bag with salt will increase the storage time  )

I tested this egg on B9 and welcome to share your experience!!! BTW if you need any creatures welcome to message me, we also doing tames trade such as crabs, bears, etc.....

best wishes!!!!!

William form CCTV 

Edited by WILLIAM
wrong word use
  • Thanks 1

You need to finish your testing. How many iceboxes to keep it cool enough above 45 degrees?

That egg already dead , so can’t do further test at that moment.:(   The health bar drop so quick if the temperature is wrong.

😢

Sorry for hearing about the egg loss, but thanks for sharing the knowledge.

Three and a half hours just to hatch the egg. I’m not sure I want to think about the maturing rate is right now.....

I am raising a baby tort now, I did hatch another egg successfully without ice box in B9. And I find that the baby Tort love hot weather ,it can keep healthy under 61 degree heat wave ! However, the health bar will reduce under 28 degree. Finally , it will take 3 days to grow up( 10% per 8 hours ). As a result, i suggest that hatch the egg and raise it during 2X event .

best wishes 

William from CCTV 

I don’t believe that breeding is affected during the normal 2x events. That was only for the one 3x event.

Regardless, that’s 11 and a half hours to hatch and get to 10% that you’ll be babysitting it for. Not to mention keeping it fed.

Speaking if which, what can they eat while being raised? Please say it’s berries or crops. The tigers were a bit of a pain, just because of how quick the meat spoils, and they wouldn’t eat cooked meat.

Tort eat everything, such as crop, fruit,Vege, meat, cooked meat

Edited by WILLIAM
wrong word